What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gidley is a plodder

Misanthrope

Staff member
If he had any self respect, he'd ask to be dropped and stop hurting the team he espouses love for.

Noname36

First Grade
Are people seriously just working this out? This is a weekly occurrence for the Knights.

If anyone is ever feeling down about how their side is going...just remember, you don't have Kurt Gidley as captain.

gallagher

Juniors
On the upside, having had to watch him represent the blues for years, finally today I cheered for something he did. He got a standing occasion in my house. Twice actual

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
In Kurt's defence it's a long weekend. Big Sunday night in newie tonight. No doubt the Gidley phone is ringing off the hook as the people of newie and beyond ring Gids to sort the night's actitvities

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
when plodley is no more the term plodder will be shelved and players that are lacking in talent, intelligence, coordination, heart etc will simply be known as gidleys

Apey

Staff member
Honestly his sin-binning didn't bother me much. Tigers were basically certainties to score under the posts, we had nobody back. Hell it was almost his most positive play since it saved a certain try AND got him off the field.

His dummy-half service and just general ineptness while on the field is much, much more frustrating.

Frederick

Staff member
Natural progression

Captain on field to captain off bench to captain from dressing room.

Hoping he tries captaining from nsw cup next week

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I remember when Newcastle fans used to defend this f**king clown when he was an automatic choice in origin year after f**king year. He is a rich man's Daniel Fitzhenry. Inept in the 7 or so positions some supposed super coaches have picked him in

eozsmiles

Bench
Its utterly terrifying to think there is another NRL player occupying an important position for his side who is the equal, if not surpassing Josh McCrone for shitness.

If these guys can get picked every week, how far are you or I off from NRL footy?

That's Gidley's true role. He keeps the dream alive for all the kids that are just plodding. If he can make it, we can make it.

Noname36

First Grade
I remember when Newcastle fans used to defend this f**king clown when he was an automatic choice in origin year after f**king year. He is a rich man's Daniel Fitzhenry. Inept in the 7 or so positions some supposed super coaches have picked him in

In our defense he did have like 2 seasons of really good footy at fullback which fooled the club into re-signing him to a long deal and making him captain.

I don't know if I should hate him or admire his ability to get so much from the game while being such a plod. He's survived 5 coaching changes at the Knights. 3 as captain. Whoever has the balls to piss him off and deal with the wrath of his brother and the Knights Nannas should get a statue out the front of Hunter Stadium.

Latest posts