What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give us your honest opinion

Iafeta

Referee
LeagueNut said:
Here's our five-step plan for victory:

1. Deliver a sack of "irregular" potatoes (soaked in Guinness) to Brian Carney - to get him nice and pissed before the match.

2. Sneak into Danny Buderus' room one night, chop his hands off, and sew them back on to the wrong wrists. (That should stuff up his dummy half work)

3. Teach Brent Webb how to ride a horse, and how to work a lasso - that'll help in keeping track of Milton Thaiday.

4. Sneak into Josh Perry's room one night, chop his legs off, and sew them on backwards at his knees. That way, when he makes a 50-metre run, at least he'll be going in our direction!

5. Kidnap Andrew Johns, secure him tightly in a large sack, enclose the sack in a safe, wrap the safe in four layers of reinforced concrete, take the concrete safe slab about 300,000 kms out to sea, and drop it in the ocean.

That should help us to victory! :pray: :pray:

:lol: All bias aside, I reckon you just about summed it up right there.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
LeagueNut said:
5. Kidnap Andrew Johns, secure him tightly in a large sack, enclose the sack in a safe, wrap the safe in four layers of reinforced concrete, take the concrete safe slab about 300,000 kms out to sea, and drop it in the ocean.

Hey, I was thinking of doing the same thing with Jerome Ropati, so he doesn't get named at 5/8. Maybe I could do a 2 for 1 job.

Iafeta, I'm getting tired of you sh*tting on the Own3rship™©® Train. You keep it up, and I might just unleash it from the shunting yards once again. Remember, nightmares come true too.

I'll be happy if we come within 12 points of the Knights. They are just red hot at the moment.

speedy1

Juniors
I'm with u League Nut, if the Knights don't put 40 on us I'll be suprised, we can't seem to get up two weeks in a row since God knows when but I'll be praying for an upset.
I hope they play Sione as a wide ranging second rower where he was pretty destructive 2 or 3 years ago when Ali was injured. Need to give Ropo a couple of more chances at No 6 although i would have to say he's been average there so far but showing improvement.;-)

strewth_mate

Bench
Signs point towards it being a one-sided affair so I reckon it will therefore be the opposite and end up pretty close. I'm looking forward to a good game.

roopy

Referee
The Knights have a habit of going to sleep when they are too much favoured - but they should be cheered home by a sellout crowd.

RABK

Referee
ozbash said:
target buderus who feeds joey.
if joey doesnt get the ball the knights are history.
we have a better forward pack
better 3/4,s and fullback (thaiday is good, webbys on a roll)

imo the key to the game is #,s 6-7 and 9. Gatis looked good on saturday, fein was better. who will be our 6 ?

Warriors by 4

:lol:

Reading this thread, it's all good until this moron posted. :lol:

Skinner

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:

Oh gee Red and Blue Knight, I'm not sure it's a great idea to go head to
head with the Bash....:cool:

DeeGan

Bench
From memory the last 'shalacking' was from the Sydney Roosters right before Daniel Anderson left/got booted from the club. The score was 58-6 - somewhere mid 2004 before the Tony Kemp era was ushered in.

Do the Warriors have a chance?

Playing Newcastle at home it is imperitive you get off to a get a good start otherwise it is a snowball effect where points tally up quickly from Johns and company. If you guys can dominate possession like last week (though improve the 68% completion rate overall) in the first half, your in with a chance. Steve Price, George Gatis and Ruben Wiki play a big role up front again this week, it they again dominate, you can get the Knights on the back foot though your still dealing with Johns who can dominate behind a beaten pack.

The Warriors missed 30 tackles versus an ordinary Wests Tigers and were guilty of 15 errors - Newcastle will make you pay dearly if your going to miss 30+ tackles in a game. Alot of improvement is needed to pull of the upset here.

I will be at this game to catch up with our own Brian Carney after the game, I am taking the Newcastle Knights 13+ though hope for another improved showing from New Zealand. Touch wood the real Clinton Toopi turns up and anything can happen out wide too.

Iafeta

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:

I've read whats been said in the Newcastle and the NRL forum, ozbash is light caper in comparison to the trash posted there. One name sticks out - I hope for your sake they roll the Warriors by 60, you've staked your claim on it a bit.

Kakihara

Juniors
Is it me or do Knights crowd look like a bunch of hicks. Maybe thats why its so hard to win over there.

Skinner

Coach
shai hulud said:
Is it me or do Knights crowd look like a bunch of hicks. Maybe thats why its so hard to win over there.

Jaysus shai......don't stir em up before they get there..:shock:

Scott

Bench
Skinner said:
Jaysus shai......don't stir em up before they get there..:shock:

I liken them to a Crusders crowd. Thick! Not knowledgable in terms of the game and the rest of the players that play. There is more to Rugby League than just Johns, just like there is more to Union that McCaw and Carter. You wouldn't think so by the way the crowds in both places behave though...

Back to the topic though, it is going to be an incredibly tough task, especially with Russell Smith as the referee. He loves sucking Johns off on the field!

Skinner

Coach
Scott said:
I liken them to a Crusders crowd. Thick! Not knowledgable in terms of the game and the rest of the players that play. There is more to Rugby League than just Johns, just like there is more to Union that McCaw and Carter. You wouldn't think so by the way the crowds in both places behave though...

Back to the topic though, it is going to be an incredibly tough task, especially with Russell Smith as the referee. He loves sucking Johns off on the field!

:shock: I can't wait !!!

MKEB...

Staff member
Scott said:

No different than Jade where Steve Walsh Junior Can't wait to hoover Dan Carters pork-sword... orally.

But I agree, tough game.I cant see newcastle putting on 40+ three weeks in a row.

A new game for all you couch potatoes , spot which inbred in the crowd has the least teeth .

JoeD

First Grade
From memory the last 'shalacking' was from the Sydney Roosters right before Daniel Anderson left/got booted from the club. The score was 58-6 - somewhere mid 2004 before the Tony Kemp era was ushered in.
you forgot the kemp's second game against the tiges a few weeks later, another 50 pointer if i remember correctly.

i'm not usually pessimistic but i don't have a great feeling about this one.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
JoeD said:
you forgot the kemp's second game against the tiges a few weeks later, another 50 pointer if i remember correctly.

i'm not usually pessimistic but i don't have a great feeling about this one.

Then there was a 42-6 loss to the Storm and a 54-10 loss to the Bulldogs.

Latest posts