What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gnomes, yes u read right, gnomes!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
What ever happened to the folk who sold the gnomes down by the grandstand each saturday???? i think they were still there last year but havent seen em since,,,am in the market for a bluebag Gnome! oh to be sure, to be sure!

Jeffles

Bench
They weren't gnomes. It was a teddy bear money box or a football chaped money box. I thought they were awful.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Fair dinkum one week they had gnomes there,,,at least I think they were gnomies? problem is I'm usually well piss*d late in the arvo when i seen em so maybe they werent gnomes??? god now ya got me worried!

Jeffles

Bench
Well maybe they were but I didn't notice.

Thought they were crap. Paint job was all over the spot.

Henson

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
What ever happened to the folk who sold the gnomes down by the grandstand each saturday???? i think they were still there last year but havent seen em since,,,am in the market for a bluebag Gnome! oh to be sure, to be sure!

they were illegal immigrants,they were deported,and doug confiscated remaining gnomes,they will be given to 2006 sponsers next presentation night,can't wait;i want one of those remote control cars they had at the last home game,wonder how much they cost?

Henson

Juniors
pity they were on loan from the sharks!!worst part of the divorce,wonder what the rooters cheeries look like.hopfully not like our mate gus!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
oh they were grand laddie!,,the roosters girls will have to be good to outdo them!!! I thought they got the girls at henson from out west near penrith way?
Check out the honeybears on the north sydney site,,,great looking girls they are,,bravo for the female of the species!!! mmmmmmmmm

Henson

Juniors
the original jets cheergirls were the old extras off the great tv show prisoner!

i heard they were gunna use some of the jettettes to save money,i hope its not true.

Jeffles

Bench
Our cheergirls were not from Cronulla so they could be back next year. Watch this space.

I love the pub art posters. The Newtown v Balmain one is on the cover of "The Mighty Bears" - the official history of the North Sydney Bears. Bears fans claim it's Norths and not Balmain but it is clearly orange. How embarrassing for them.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Jeffles said:
Our cheergirls were not from Cronulla so they could be back next year. Watch this space.

I love the pub art posters. The Newtown v Balmain one is on the cover of "The Mighty Bears" - the official history of the North Sydney Bears. Bears fans claim it's Norths and not Balmain but it is clearly orange. How embarrassing for them.

Yes jeffles that right and proof undeniable is the rarely seen existence of a Newtown vs Norths picture from that same series. It was reproduced in 1982 along with all the other pub art pics and that (82) repro series is highly sort after. For some reason with the new repros it seems the newtown - norths pic has been ommited? gee remember when the originals still adorned city pubs,,,

Latest posts