What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Infuzer

Juniors
Thanks for that link ozbash. Bloody beauty that one mate!
embeer.gif

Great link Fan :)

imported_Docker

Juniors
I am watching the Canberra-Canterbury game. This leads me to ask a question.

What makes the Bulldogs think that Glen Hughes is worth his place in first grade? He has missed a sitter tackle, given up the ball twice, got hopelessly out of position once and given up a stupid penalty for going on in the tackle (one that was really made by Anasta) and there is still 10 minutes to go in the first half.

V

Vertigo

Thanks for your help Willow.
I actually got my hands on a Microsoft Word software/download and this automatically installed a spell check into my email service. I had to change email provider though.
I'm now using Microsoft Outlook instead of Outlook Express as my email.
V.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
I just found out thru a friendthat the official AFL web site (www.afl.com.au) has a feature on their page whereprior to matches they allowfans to listen "live" to a web-telecast of selected games by the click of a mouse.
Is this correct? Can someone confirm this?
What a bloody fabulous idea if so! :)
Why don't the NRL do the same for those folks who cannot get to the game, don't have a wireless, cannot get to a box, or can't afford cable.
emthdown.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We thought about doing that once on League Unlimited. That is, doing a live 'radio' broadcast over the internet by setting up people with vision of the game and a mic. But this was pretty complicated and we could never get access to all games. Maybe one day...

Do you knowhow many games the AFL do a live audio feed of?

The RL radio coverage is woeful nowadays with 2GB setting new standards of crap broadcasting. The ABC has a better quality of broadcaster but they only cover one RL game and sometimes they dont even do that.

Ideally, the NRL should allow more radio stations to cover the games or set up their own online broadcast service.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Can anyone tell me how those 'Spot the ball' competitions work. Is the ball behind a player or does it get digitally removed from the photograph?

Infuzer

Juniors
That live web feed on callingrugby league games is an excellent idea. I know some radio stations offer it as an additive (I think GB charges for their service) but I know of no independent run website doing it.
Why hasn't anyone done it as yet? Is it expensive, difficult, time consuming, or other? Maybe not all games but a selected one or two would be great for many folks like moi who has to work and doesn't have acces to a tele or radio every few weekends.
I'd vote for it. :)

Navigator

Juniors
Just been following the updated livescores from the LeagueUnlimited Web Address. Great site with alot of useful information and articles. Well done to those folks responsible.
A couple of unimportantquestions:
Who does the live score updates and comments on the matches (reporters for the site or are they pasted from the NRL site: no offence)? Are they done on a laptop "live"from the grounds or from in front of a TV?
No particular reason.
:)

imported_kier

Juniors
Joe - spot the ball comps have been run UK newspapers for over 50 years. The ball used to be airbrushed out and the photo printed in the paper - I haven't seen the comp you're refering to but I'd imagine the picture was digitally altered.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just to clarify Navigator's query, sometimes info is phoned in and sometimes info is from the radio. This in addition to TV which doesnt show every game live.
We've had clearance of sorts to use lap tops at some grounds in the media box but thus far, we havent had the resources to take advantage of the invitations... but given time, that will happen.

-----------------------------
To talk about the game, click HERE - "The Front Row forums"

Occasionally & yes.
It's much the same as the others you mentioned though all have their little quirks to make them different. If your looking for a new message sender have a look at Trillian. It can send to all the big messengers without having to have them all loaded seperatly. And it's neither hard to setup or use. :)

Atilla'

Juniors
Thanks for everyone who helped on my earlier question hereabout leaving your computer on whether one should leave their PC onor not. I picked up a lot of helpful hints. Cheers.
I have one other question:
Can someone please tell me how one goes about registering a domain name (dot com)? The easiest way if possible.
Thanks again all.
Atilla.

V

Vertigo

Atilla,
If you punch in "how to register a domain name" into Google's search engine, you'll get what you need.
V.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Atillia, if you go to any half decent ISP that provides webspace, they will do it for you and look after reminding you whenthe domain name falls due for renewal every two years.

You could go direct to a domain name seller like www.melbourneit.com.au but its generally cheaper and less hassle to go through a re-seller.

Another quick word of advice. Most people want to register a domain name becaue they have thought a beaut and catchy website address. You may type this address in and find that its not listed. But that that doesnt mean it hasnt already been taken. People often register domain names and never bother with putting up a website.

You should go to a 'whois' site to find out if your name is taken. www.melbourneit.com.au have a whois section and will let you know if the name is available or not.

Latest posts