What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go away Hayden

Jordan

Juniors
I've always been a big fan of Hayden but I'm really starting to wonder if he'll ever return to his old form.. It's certainly one long form slump.

Balmain_Boy

Hayden must nearly be finished, surely. How many other 34 year old bats have been given as many chances as this bloke?

OVP

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
Hayden must nearly be finished, surely. How many other 34 year old bats have been given as many chances as this bloke?

REmember when Michael Slater was playing ? If Slater so much as sneezed, he'd be sacked on the spot. Yet Slater was still one of our greatest openers of all time. Not many were better than him. Hayden ? pfftt. Not even close.

Balmain_Boy

Exactly. Hayden had a golden period of 18-30 months. A perid where Australia were so dominant it wasn't funny. As soon as we're under pressure he has nothing.

He should look to Langer on how to play with guts and determination.

gregstar

Referee
you can just tell what's gonna happen.
we'll lose this test.
the final test will be an impossibly high scoring draw - hayden will get runs, but we'll hve lost the ashes. our top order will leave it until it's too late to score hundreds.

england have simply outplayed us over the park & our arrogance has counted against us.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Australia's entire top order should be forced to swim how

friggin' pathetic all series have already slumped to 4/58 in this innings

maybe for the 2nd innings Australia will reverse the card and open with Lee and Kasper might actually get 50 before losing a wicket.

gregstar

Referee
i really think it's a case of arrogance.
they won in india & now think that there are no more challenges.
losing the ashes will be a fantastic reality check for some of these egos

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Langer doesn't look too bad, Martyn has had some sh*tty decisions, but he hasnt looked very convincing either, Ponting is still out of form but at least he's getting some runs, Clarke is getting starts, which is more than the others are doing, Katich is batting like a pussy, Gilchrist is batting like its one day cricket, Hayden has yet to look comfortable or in any sort of good form. He will be dumped

aussies1st

Staff member
I was willing to give Hayden a chance. This is what he has had now it is DEFINITELY time to go. Hussey, Jacques anyone please answer our SOS. Also we need to get a swing bowler in instead of Kaspa is McGrath is out again. Look how much damage the English swing bowlers did.

Moffo

Referee
im a bit biased with this one but watch out for James Packman for NSW this year

good batsman

JJ

Immortal
Hayden needs Steve Waugh, it seems - mentally he looks very fragile...

Haven't seen Jacques - but your other "young talent" (Tait and CLarke) have done SFA - so I'd be puuting it on the veterans

Tait ended up being our best bowler in the first innings, and it is a worry with Hayden. I would say he will play out the series and then his position will be under review at the end of it.

Right now the Aussies are pathetic, slumping so badly on a batsman friendly wicket.

I hear Hayden knows a good rain dance, he will be teaching it to the Aussie top order overnight in hope of another draw and a Houdini escape.

My tip: put your money on Warne to be Australia's top run scorer for the series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hayden is past his use by date

Kat to open and bring Hussey in

personally I'd like to see the end of Marto, but he has had some terrible decisions go against him

Red Bear

Referee
Madunit - Katich is batting like a Pussy? Katich is a freaken test player, one of the few sensible players in our team.
Martyn is a top player. The one which needs to go is Hayden.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Exactly. Hayden had a golden period of 18-30 months. A perid where Australia were so dominant it wasn't funny. As soon as we're under pressure he has nothing.

He should look to Langer on how to play with guts and determination.

shame Langer is doing sweet f**k all as well.
I think Haydens really been trying in the last few innings and has toughed out that intial bit but just seems to be getting out. Look if he fails in the next innings I dont think they have another alternative. there goin to be going to the oval 2-1 down, and u cant have a guy going there with 8 scores under 40 out of 8 bats for the series