What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goal Kicking

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
Goal kicking is a bit over-rated.

Hopefully Ingliss is more than adequate and the boys score a bit closer to the posts. :D

i dont think its over-rated. every point counts esp when it comes down to F/A.

Its also good to know that your 12 points ahead instead of only 10...or if you score and are tied up that your kicker will be able to win you the game...

The Storm F-A was excellent despite having a poor kicking option last season.

I don't think the Storm lost one game last year by haveing a poor conversion rate that day.

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
The Storm F-A was excellent despite having a poor kicking option last season.

I don't think the Storm lost one game last year by haveing a poor conversion rate that day.

that was last year tho. It has happened before, so its not impossible that we will find ourselves needing an extra 2 points, or whatever it might be to win a game.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
i understand that point of view. But i still dnt see the need for 2 kickers. Hazem el masri does just fine for the bulldogs all by himself. Same as fitzgibbon and same as andrew johns.

they're good kickers, i would say it's even more important with lesser kickers such as ours

I have heard that Turner is a good accurate kicker but would probably use Inglis as first priority.

Anyone would have to be better than Orford...half the time he could not even reach the posts !!!...

MONY

Juniors
El Masri single handedly wins games for the dogs by kicking all his conversions.... if we had El Masri the storm would score their usual 407 tries a game and also get the extra 2 points each conversion...