What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean7

Juniors
So its your way or the high way? Is tht what your saying?

I think what he's saying is that either you're Christian and do what Christians are supposed to do or you're not Christian. Christianity does not mean believing in god.

Christianity is a club for people who believe in god and they have rules that allow you to belong to their club.

Snoochies

First Grade
The problem some people have is all they know about God is what other people tell them.
From my perspective, we all have gifts and it's upto to us to use them to the best of our ability. I don't believe God magically helps people perform better or the other team to perform worse.

Gronk

Staff member
I think what he's saying is that either you're Christian and do what Christians are supposed to do or you're not Christian. Christianity does not mean believing in god.

Christianity is a club for people who believe in god and they have rules that allow you to belong to their club.

One particular person I know who is a member of that club described me (who is not a member of their club) once as a "troubled young man". :roll:

Snoochies

First Grade
One particular person I know who is a member of that club described me (who is not a member of their club) once as a "troubled young man". :roll:

Actually in theory a Christian is someone who admits outright they are troubled. If people are using the term Christian to put themselves on a pedalstall, I would question them sincerely.

84 Baby

Referee
So its your way or the high way? Is tht what your saying?
Christianity is a religion following the teachings of the Bible which prescribes how we should live. These teachings for example include that homosexuality is evil, if you don't believe gay people are evil then in mind you aren't Christian. I'm not saying people should express their opinion freely, but you can't call yourself Christian if you don't fully believe in the Bible

SDM

First Grade
what if I hate poofs, but my boyfriend likes them? Can I still go to church?

parra pete

Referee
I thought this thread was about someone mocking Tim Smith!!!!.
If it was, I was going to join in....:lol:

God was angry at the heathens from Parramatta who didn't heed his warning. They continued to worship the golden Eel and commit acts of debauchery.
On the 4 October 2009 God unleashed his fury and turned their supporters into a Parriah who began to speak in many tongues spewing out obscenities

Melbourne were anointed the kings of Rugby League and were blessed with expanding the devine game into the new world.

Snoochies

First Grade
Christianity is a religion following the teachings of the Bible which prescribes how we should live. These teachings for example include that homosexuality is evil, if you don't believe gay people are evil then in mind you aren't Christian. I'm not saying people should express their opinion freely, but you can't call yourself Christian if you don't fully believe in the Bible

Can you please quote me specifically, where Jesus said gay people are evil? I can't find the passage.
I also guess you agree Polymagy should be legal too.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

The teachings of the Bible? The Bible was constructed almost 2 centuries (I think) after the death of Christ. The Bible is an opinionated book made by different gospels. There were more gospels to be added, but someone of the Roman Empire, precided over these Gospels and decided which gospels would be added to the Bible.

The Bible is a book that was constructed by politicians in order to keep peace within the Roman Empire between the Pagans and the Christians.

Learn the full facts and make your own opinion, then you can decide if you want to be labeled the stereotypical Christian.

yy_cheng

Coach
The teachings of the Bible? The Bible was constructed almost 2 centuries (I think) after the death of Christ. The Bible is an opinionated book made by different gospels. There were more gospels to be added, but someone of the Roman Empire, precided over these Gospels and decided which gospels would be added to the Bible.

The Bible is a book that was constructed by politicians in order to keep peace within the Roman Empire between the Pagans and the Christians.

Learn the full facts and make your own opinion, then you can decide if you want to be labeled the stereotypical Christian.
Reading a fictional book with the main theme that it was the Roman Empire who created Jesus as the Messiah. They setup/faked the crucifixion and resurrection in order to control the early christians. They needed a miracle that would awe the people. Once the people believed, they were classified as christians, they could begin to control them.

Hanscholo

Bench
I posted on one of the other threads and stated that mocking Jesus is not going to do the club any favours, I stick by my post.

I am a Christian and many of you are not and that is fine with me, but i will honestly tell you that as long as the members on these forums continue to mock Jesus, parra fans will be dissapoiinted year in and year out.

I believe this to be true and although most will disagree, if we make the final next year and this kind of blaphemy persists, we will lose again.

I am not going to be the forums most popular bloke after posting this, but that really does not bother me, so fire away.

Thanks

lmao.

84 Baby

Referee
Can you please quote me specifically, where Jesus said gay people are evil? I can't find the passage.
I also guess you agree Polymagy should be legal too.

Leviticus 18:22 - you shall not lie with a man as with a woman.
Polygamy is illegal for reasons not just based upon religion.

Why would I want to be labelled a Christian? I'm probably defined as agnostic, I neither believe nor disbelieve in any god, I seek facts. Yes the Bible was compiled long after the death of Jesus (I stated as much earlier) and I am inclined to believe it is a piece of misconstrued fiction

Snoochies

First Grade
The earliest references were the writings of Paul which is dated to around 60 AD. So the 2 centuries argument fails right there. Paul also makes plenty of references to the Gospels which obviously dates the gospels to earlier than 60 AD.
Josephus a Jewish historian also wrote about Jesus and Jesus is also included in the Mishna which is a Jewish account for court proceedings.
These are historical facts but many choose to ignore.

Snoochies

First Grade
Leviticus 18:22 - you shall not lie with a man as with a woman.
Polygamy is illegal for reasons not just based upon religion.

Why would I want to be labelled a Christian? I'm probably defined as agnostic, I neither believe nor disbelieve in any god, I seek facts. Yes the Bible was compiled long after the death of Jesus (I stated as much earlier) and I am inclined to believe it is a piece of misconstrued fiction

Jesus, evil, where doe sit say that? You are quoting Jewish law.
What are the otyher reasons Polygamy is illegal.

Latest posts