What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nöyd

Staff member
So what is he doing when they get injured?

Sitting on the bench waiting for his chance.

"Put me in coach, I won't let ya down..."

jesus.jpg

Thats life... the world isnt perfect

See . . . that's what really grinds my gears about your position.

When things go right:

"Glory be to God", "Hallelujah" etc., etc

Sometimes when things go wrong:

"They didn't believe enough", "They mocked God".

When something doesn't fall into these horribly, horribly simplistic categories you choose to define life within, the best you can come up with is:

"The world isn't perfect".

FMD. Biggest cop out ever.

SCoops

Juniors
I think you'll find that most people respect your choice of religion.

But I think you'll also find that people will get annoyed when you try to push your beliefs onto them.

I to think this is a load of crap (sorry might be a bit harsh but thats me).

Are you telling me that the man upstairs made Ben Smith just stand there looking at the bomb when GI went up for it? To let the others miss tackles etc?
Come on bit far fetched mate.

I have no issue with others believing in what they want.
I have some very good mates who are a religious. They know how I feel about it and don't try to push it on me.

I surprised that you have not come up with the whole.... We lost because we played on Sunday thing

I too am an Atheist and I think this thread is rubbish.

Coops

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Haven't read the whole thread, but I think it's possible to believe in God/be Christian, and also to take a more light-hearted view of supposed "blaspheming" in the general community.

In the same way how I believe it is possible to believe in God/be Christian, but also to be tolerant and even accepting of diversity in the community such as accepting the ordination of women and the equal rights of same sex couples, and not treating homosexuality as a sin.

Christianity is a broad church, and while some people sit at the fundamental end and take the Bible very literally and will disagree with the above statements, many Christians sit at the more pragmatic end of the spectrum and give the bits of the Bible that preach tolerance and acceptance more of a priority in their reactions within modern day society.

Bottom line iwth religion in my book is good on you if you have it and it works for you, but accept and respect people's right to have different religious views of their own - even different versions of the same broad religion - and don't try to need everyone to conform to your own version of morality.

Peace :D.

WA Eel

Juniors
Maybe we need HJ to play for us? I mean having the son of god (Ablett Jr) playing for they doesn't seem to have hurt Geelong.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Haven't read the whole thread, but I think it's possible to believe in God/be Christian, and also to take a more light-hearted view of supposed "blaspheming" in the general community.

In the same way how I believe it is possible to believe in God/be Christian, but also to be tolerant and even accepting of diversity in the community such as accepting the ordination of women and the equal rights of same sex couples, and not treating homosexuality as a sin.

Christianity is a broad church, and while some people sit at the fundamental end and take the Bible very literally and will disagree with the above statements, many Christians sit at the more pragmatic end of the spectrum and give the bits of the Bible that preach tolerance and acceptance more of a priority in their reactions within modern day society.

Bottom line iwth religion in my book is good on you if you have it and it works for you, but accept and respect people's right to have different religious views of their own - even different versions of the same broad religion - and don't try to need everyone to conform to your own version of morality.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I am "Christian", but not a committed Christian. I have a view on God that differs from most.

My view on God is that he/she/it would not care one bit what so ever. He/she/it wold be so enlightened that he/she/it would be above blasphemy.

Just for the OP, you claim that Christians know that people will put down your religion, God, beliefs, etc. And that you have learned to live with that, but yet you think God would still have a problem with it?

jk13

First Grade
gees, madonna better be careful when she gets angry at her boyfriend next time.

the poll should be modified to include the option - i believe in something overlooking the sh1tfight, just not the christianity crap

84 Baby

Referee

I wholeheartedly agree.

I am "Christian", but not a committed Christian. I have a view on God that differs from most.

My view on God is that he/she/it would not care one bit what so ever. He/she/it wold be so enlightened that he/she/it would be above blasphemy.

Just for the OP, you claim that Christians know that people will put down your religion, God, beliefs, etc. And that you have learned to live with that, but yet you think God would still have a problem with it?
You see I don't think you're Christians then. To me you are theists who are blindly following the first available religion, but then pick and choose what you want to take out of the teachings. If you don't believe in the Biblical God, why preach the Bible?

sportive cupid

Referee
You see I don't think you're Christians then. To me you are theists who are blindly following the first available religion, but then pick and choose what you want to take out of the teachings. If you don't believe in the Biblical God, why preach the Bible?
Hehe ....What an ironic response to Barty's comment about people being allowed to have their own views:sarcasm:

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm a Christian too but come here for all things Parra.
It's a topic that can go on and on and I don't think anything really gets resolved on an internet forum. If we can just all respect different opinions from our own I'm all good with it.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

So its your way or the high way? Is tht what your saying?

Sean7

Juniors
Jesus doesnt control each and every game.... He keeps the boys safe and makes sure that they have a good game but then its up to the boys to play the game.
Melbourne were just better on the night. But its all done. You cant change the score or anything that happened.
We lost. Plain and simple. We just have to be better next year!!!

Wow! That really takes the cake and a lot of other baked goods. So Jesus doesn't control each game, yet makes sure the boys have good games. When they don't have a good game, he...

Just like some of the unbelievably stupid things some christians like to say, such as "God helps those who help themselves." Which translates to "If you try harder, you will do better." Who would have thought?

Latest posts