What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Gurueel-

Juniors
I believe in God and follow United. It's cool. I just think the boss upstairs isn't into sports.

He's into people tho.

N. Hindmarsh Fan you are so well intentioned, i can see that.

But by saying God punished this club and is the reason why we lost means that you're also saying by default, that Melbourne and their fans dont do that you're accusing Parra of doing.

Which is just not true.

Every club is made of up all different beliefs - christians, athiests, buddhists and others who knows.

There's been more talk about God in the last few weeks because of what these boys have done, then i've ever noticed before with this club. They are thanking God and Hayne is giving him credit for his turnaround.

That is massive, and all respect to them.

God works in mysterious ways, whether people mock him or not, his will is done. We didnt lose the grand final because of that.

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, maybe God will get upset at me for posting this, cause I am pretty sure he does not care about Footy.

I just believe that it should be left alone, remember those famous words "Even God cannot sink this ship", well we all know how that went.

Wow, I knew that journos read these forums but God ? :shock:

OK God, here's the thing: you've dropped the ball over the past century or so. Try and lift your game mate. War, famine, drought, natural disasters and child abuse - why do you allow it ?

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
Tom Waits: Heart Attack & Vine

sportive cupid

Referee
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Allah made us lose, you know, because we beat the bulldogs and knocked out el masri he was a bit pissed at us
Oh I wouldn't be too worried about Allah being against us - i saw him walking into the stadium Gate F(alcohol free bay of course)He is quite jovial with us and He even allowed us to take a photo with him which I will post here as soon as my internet speed returns to broadband;-)

sportive cupid

Referee
Actually I reckon alot of you here are missing the obvious here.
God doesnt have it in for Parra- He loves us the most it would seem (or maybe St George an Cronulla a smidgen more ). Aren't those who suffer most in the world due to inherit the kingdom of God? Doesn't He allow those who live through hell on earth to rise and sit closest to Him in the kingdom?
Surely it is a measure of His infinate love for us.

Melbourne... He must have it in for them.

84 Baby

Referee
The poll didn't have enough options. I neither believe nor disbelieve there is a god. Hasn't been proven either way, that said most evidence points to non-existence sorry. And I just don't understand how a grown adult can blindly follow something as fictional as the Bible.

1. There are 2 testaments which portray very, very different Gods - one very angry, vengeful, the other willing to give up his only son
2. If anyone brings out the old Bible is old adage - the Kuran is just as old, Hindu is quite old as a religion, what about African tribal religions as old as Africa - are all these wrong?
3. The Bible was eventually compiled by one man or group. Could they have misconstrued the meanings of the original writers? Were the original writers even intending to create a religion?

Anyway wrong forum for this thread. If God does exist and he penalised us for taking his name in vain then seriously God is a cold-hearted b*tch

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Wow, just wow.

This thread truely has no place in this forum and I as a Rugby League fan take offence that someone chooses to take offence at our religeous celebrations.

As Super Indentent Chalmers once said "God has no place among these walls just as facts have no place within an organised religion".

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just while we are at it, why does the Leagues club have a statue of Buddah behind the reception desk? Is that why we also lost the comp? Wow if God really does read these forums, im gonna put money on us winning the spoon.

I posted on one of the other threads and stated that mocking Jesus is not going to do the club any favours, I stick by my post.

I am a Christian and many of you are not and that is fine with me, but i will honestly tell you that as long as the members on these forums continue to mock Jesus, parra fans will be dissapoiinted year in and year out.

I believe this to be true and although most will disagree, if we make the final next year and this kind of blaphemy persists, we will lose again.

I am not going to be the forums most popular bloke after posting this, but that really does not bother me, so fire away.

Thanks

Only just caught this thread, and it seems somewhat to have taken a life of its own since the original post.

Though it is this original post I have issue with.

It is ridiculously simplistic, and offensive to my sensibilities.

Now no doubt, this was unintentional by "N.Hindmarsh_Fan", but please if you are reading this, can you answer the following based upon your "Blaspheming God will deny Parramatta success" logic:

I have been recently devastated to learn of the immense loss of life, particularly young children, that has occurred during the Samoan Tsunami.

Having spent the last two Christmases there in the same village (gone), I have not seen a culture more devoted to God.

We went to their church and watched them continuously give praise, and sing in the name of their beliefs in God and Jesus.

We had conversations with them about their families and hopes, and I guarantee, just about every time they brought up God and their faith.

So, according to you "N.Hindmarsh_Fan", if a few Parramatta fans, continue to make a few flippant remarks about God, the big guy will continue to deny Parramatta a premiership???

By your logic, what did the people of Samoa do to bring about the catastrophe?

A catastrophe, that really hit home to me, when I saw on the news a low-flying plane with heat-sensor technology, scouring for bodies (finding mostly children) in a lagoon I had swum in?

I am not saying there is no "God" or there isn't. I don't know for certain. Nor do I believe anyone does.

But I think the people affected in Samoa will continue to believe, regardless of this tragedy, which is a testament to their own personal faith.

I just found your post about a "God" who punishes blasphemous fans via the success of their football team, not only simplistic and trivial, but also offensive in the light of other tragedies on this Earth, and your implication that misery befalls those who piss God off.

Cupid Stunt

Wow, just wow.

As Super Indentent Chalmers once said "God has no place among these walls just as facts have no place within an organised religion".

I only read 3/4 of the first page before it dawned on me school holidays are upon us. But this quote was a bloody close second thought! :lol:

Also Lenny Bruce "If Jesus had been killed 20 years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little Electric Chairs around their necks instead of crosses"

God: [to Stan] You will hit puberty, but you will never have a period, because you are a boy…
[pauses as he looks over Stan]
God: …with titties

SDM

First Grade
:lol:
At full time I blamed Archer. In the morning, once sober, I blamed Melbourne for playing better then us, can't believe it was that arsehole jesus the whole time.

Gronk

Staff member
fruitcake.jpeg

bensgirl_3

Juniors
Jesus doesnt control each and every game.... He keeps the boys safe and makes sure that they have a good game but then its up to the boys to play the game.
Melbourne were just better on the night. But its all done. You cant change the score or anything that happened.
We lost. Plain and simple. We just have to be better next year!!!

nöyd

Staff member
Jesus doesnt control each and every game.... He keeps the boys safe and makes sure that they have a good game but then its up to the boys to play the game.

Well if the players are as confused by that statement as I am then it's a wonder we made it as far as we did.

sportive cupid

Referee
Melbourne were just better on the night. But its all done. You cant change the score or anything that happened.
We lost. Plain and simple. We just have to be better next year!!!

But surely he could have done a better job that Tony Archer:lol:

There is an old saying, from I believe the Iliad, which speaks of the Old Gods, Athena tells Odysseus, The gods cannot do for man what man must do for himself.