What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
I don't mean to quote myself but this is a genuine question.

I would like to know what you religious people think of Aliens as i have seen much more evidence of UFO's/Aliens than i have of Jesus or God.

Really? NASA with all it's technology would probably disagree with you.

There is no tangible evidence of Gods existence, we as Christians have faith based on the evidence that has been presented to us.

Jesus lived and died as prophesied in Isaiah (he even prophesied he would die on a cross and that people would cast lots for his garments, this was written 500 years before Christ was born)

I read some of these hand outs that i receive from people who knock on your door etc. and i feel like i am receiving threats that if i don't believe i will suffer the wrath of the new "Government" etc.

I am a complete non-believer in religion or god.

What government are you referring to dude?

It is true you can choose eternal life or eternal damnation, it is not a threat, it is truth. But it is your choice to accept life or death, no one forces you either way.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't mean to quote myself but this is a genuine question.

I would like to know what you religious people think of Aliens as i have seen much more evidence of UFO's/Aliens than i have of Jesus or God.

I read some of these hand outs that i receive from people who knock on your door etc. and i feel like i am receiving threats that if i don't believe i will suffer the wrath of the new "Government" etc.

I am a complete non-believer in religion or god.

GOD created Aliens.

The more advanced Aliens created Humans by mixing Alien DNA with lifeforms on Earth.

As we do when we try and create other breeds like Poodle and other dog breeds or Wild Cats and Domesticated cats. Or like when we try and clone animals. We are outcomes of their experiments.

Jesus was an Alien sent down to unite humanity.

I believe there are aliens around us in a different phase (as in physics). i.e. in a phase that we human cannot detect without substandard eyesight, hearing, etc.

Same with Ghosts.

Some people can sense them though. Some animals can also sense them but not the average humans.

But right at the top, there has to be something (GOD) as some have replied, chance could not have made things fit so well.

But where does GOD come from? For mine, it is far too advanced for us to fathom and so you either have faith to believe that there is a god or you don't.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I also believe in aliens, but not in the 'total recall' sense where your having sex and the gal has triplets.

But you'd b bloody naive not to think their were other life forms out there, the universe is such a huge place - Voyager 1 has just recently left our Solar System - 30 years after take off flying at 25,000 km a second or something like that.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
GOD created Aliens.

The more advanced Aliens created Humans by mixing Alien DNA with lifeforms on Earth.

As we do when we try and create other breeds like Poodle and other dog breeds or Wild Cats and Domesticated cats. Or like when we try and clone animals. We are outcomes of their experiments.

Jesus was an Alien sent down to unite humanity.

I believe there are aliens around us in a different phase (as in physics). i.e. in a phase that we human cannot detect without substandard eyesight, hearing, etc.

Same with Ghosts.

Some people can sense them though. Some animals can also sense them but not the average humans.

But right at the top, there has to be something (GOD) as some have replied, chance could not have made things fit so well.

But where does GOD come from? For mine, it is far too advanced for us to fathom and so you either have faith to believe that there is a god or you don't.

Ok, where did you get this from?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ghosts are so real, my dreams are very weird too - once had a dream about the number 2 - 2 days later my mum won2 alpacas at a show, and got 3 second places with her alpacas.

yy_cheng

Coach
Jesus lived and died as prophesied in Isaiah (he even prophesied he would die on a cross and that people would cast lots for his garments, this was written 500 years before Christ was born)

As I was reading a fictional book, a hypothesis is that the ROMANS created the IMAGE of Jesus.

Jesus was a man. The ROMANS were not happy with the unrest and wanted to unite the people there for order.

They used RELIGION as a means to control them. To make them scared so that if they did wrong, their SOULS would be damned forever.

They heard about Jesus just like all that proclaimed to be the messiah before him.

They used the prophecy to their own effect to make the people believe that he was the true messiah. They manufactured the SON OF GOD. However, they needed a TRICK to convince the people.

So they planned the Crucifixion and the RESURRECTION.

It takes a man on average 3 days to die from crucifixion. However, Jesus died within hours. He was drugged heavily to appear he was dead.

He arose and then christianity began.

and as you pointed out, the earths location to the sun etc etc...it's like it was all specifically set up.

I am not here to write off anyone's beliefs. And this observation is certainly not a comment on God, or his/her existence.

But on this point, the universe is of a size that no human being can comprehend. Count the visible stars in the sky, and think that each may form the nucleus as a sun of their own planetary system.

Now think of an infinite (or near enough if you can not accept this) universe. Think about the stars you can not see.

Literally billions.

Now think about the number of orbiting "rocks" that can constitute planets around these stars.

Again, billions.

Now given this countless pool to choose from, is it that extraordinary that at least one of these planets (and probably more) is just the right orbiting distance from its star epicentre to receive enough heat (and not too much of it) to create, sustain and enable the development of life?

Not really.

And it really isn't that remarkable in a quantitative sense that this is where we find ourselves.

Where else would we be?

So I don't subscribe to the "specific set-up" theory. Create enough chaos, and order will no doubt find its appropriate place.

It's not just the world as we know planet "Earth" that is a truly remarkable place (speaking now in the qualitative sense) - the whole universe is, right from the outer reaches of infinity, down beyond what we can perceive as being the very smallest molecular level.

And it is remarkable, regardless of whether it was generated by what science sees as rational "cause and effect" or by an all-powerful creator.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ok, where did you get this from?

I have read alot of things as I find this interesting.

Even about the 7 levels or classification of your soul.

You soul is here to learn and experience. You are who you are because you needed to experience this lesson.

You are poor because your soul needed to learn about the lessons of being without.

Why people die early was because GOD needed your soul to solve another problem elsewhere in the universe. Need not be earth.

Old Souls or experience souls might be required for the Grand Scheme of life.

Jesus' soul was probably a very old wise soul to be able to understand the sacrifices he had to make. Or alternatively, it was the last EXAM for him to progress to a higher level of state/being for his soul.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
As I was reading a fictional book, a hypothesis is that the ROMANS created the IMAGE of Jesus.

Jesus was a man. The ROMANS were not happy with the unrest and wanted to unite the people there for order.

They used RELIGION as a means to control them. To make them scared so that if they did wrong, their SOULS would be damned forever.

They heard about Jesus just like all that proclaimed to be the messiah before him.

They used the prophecy to their own effect to make the people believe that he was the true messiah. They manufactured the SON OF GOD. However, they needed a TRICK to convince the people.

So they planned the Crucifixion and the RESURRECTION.

It takes a man on average 3 days to die from crucifixion. However, Jesus died within hours. He was drugged heavily to appear he was dead.

He arose and then christianity began.

So when he was speared in his side, was that blood borrowed from a hollywood set?

Jesus died cause he was severly beaten prior to being crucified, he was bleeding from every gland in his body for hours and hours prior to being crucified. I suggest you read up on the scientific death of Jesus and educate yourself.

Also, Jesus was the main reason for jewish unrest, hence thats why they had him persecuted, hence why that theory was thrown out the window a long time ago (time to read some Dan Brown books mate, get in touch with some new theories).

yy_cheng

Coach
I am not here to write off anyone's beliefs. And this observation is certainly not a comment on God, or his/her existence.

But on this point, the universe is of a size that no human being can comprehend. Count the visible stars in the sky, and think that each may form the nucleus as a sun of their own planetary system.

Now think of an infinite (or near enough if you can not accept this) universe. Think about the stars you can not see.

Literally billions.

Now think about the number of orbiting "rocks" that can constitute planets around these stars.

Again, billions.

Now given this countless pool to choose from, is it that extraordinary that at least one of these planets (and probably more) is just the right orbiting distance from its star epicentre to receive enough heat (and not too much of it) to create, sustain and enable the development of life?

Not really.

And it really isn't that remarkable in a quantitative sense that this is where we find ourselves.

Where else would we be?

So I don't subscribe to the "specific set-up" theory. Create enough chaos, and order will no doubt find its appropriate place.

It's not just the world as we know planet "Earth" that is a truly remarkable place (speaking now in the qualitative sense) - the whole universe is, right from the outer reaches of infinity, down beyond what we can perceive as being the very smallest molecular level.

And it is remarkable, regardless of whether it was generated by what science sees as rational "cause and effect" or by an all-powerful creator.

as with my previous post, there is no way of also saying that it is a Universe.

It could be a multiverse.

It's way beyond our understanding.

Kornstar

Coach
Really? NASA with all it's technology would probably disagree with you.

There is no tangible evidence of Gods existence, we as Christians have faith based on the evidence that has been presented to us.

What government are you referring to dude?

It is true you can choose eternal life or eternal damnation, it is not a threat, it is truth. But it is your choice to accept life or death, no one forces you either way.

Um, even NASA the apparent "Almighty" in your eyes have stated that 95% of all evidence they can prove is fake however, 5% they have no idea. Also sorry buddy but NASA is a US funded organisation, they are controlled by the American government who hide everything.

Other countries such as Russia and England are not as secretive as the US and have released plenty of information about UFO's etc.

Just on these prophesies, just because someone said that this was written 500 years before christ was born doesn't mean it was.......where is your proof?

What about Dinosaurs? I have heard born again christians (the worst kind imo) that say god put them there as a test???? WTF??????

In relation to the "government" comment, my sister bought home some book one of her students gave her a few years ago and i was disgusted when reading this, it was saying you must believe or the new "Government" would smite you down (something to that effect).

I have since read a few things since then that have the same theme. This may not be what you or your church preach but i can assure you that i have read this and don't care much for it.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Um, even NASA the apparent "Almighty" in your eyes have stated that 95% of all evidence they can prove is fake however, 5% they have no idea. Also sorry buddy but NASA is a US funded organisation, they are controlled by the American government who hide everything.

Sorry the first sentence doesn't make any sense, please explain :D

Other countries such as Russia and England are not as secretive as the US and have released plenty of information about UFO's etc.

Never heard of such information from these two nations, might need to have a look into it.

Just on these prophesies, just because someone said that this was written 500 years before christ was born doesn't mean it was.......where is your proof?

You serious? http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Book_of_Isaiah

What about Dinosaurs? I have heard born again christians (the worst kind imo) that say god put them there as a test???? WTF??????

No test, that is a weak answer, the Bible refers to an animal called the Behemoth that has a tail the size of a cedar tree, not sure though dude, your asking me to be a time machine

In relation to the "government" comment, my sister bought home some book one of her students gave her a few years ago and i was disgusted when reading this, it was saying you must believe or the new "Government" would smite you down (something to that effect).

I have since read a few things since then that have the same theme. This may not be what you or your church preach but i can assure you that i have read this and don't care much for it.

I woudn't care much for it either mate, sounds strange to me also.

btaag

Juniors
This is a forum about the Parramatta Eels Rugby League team, not a soapbox for fringe religious / agnostic / militant atheist elements to preach their narrow view on the world.
To say the Eels loss is due to a bloke who used to dress like jesus is pathetic.

The fact you support the scum side Manchester United makes it even more pathetic.

Take your views to a forum on theology, and leave this forum to those wanting to discuss the Eels in a sporting context.

I wouldnt believe everything you read in the bible.

The vatican already acknowledges that evolution is a valid theory, which directly contradicts the church's creationist beliefs. What else will they do a backflip on next?

How can you lead your life following the beliefs written in some fictional text, which had undoubtedly been changed frequently over the years?

Ron Jeremy

Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOOZ_IPb6Y mexican airforce UFO sighting

Kornstar

Coach
Sorry the first sentence doesn't make any sense, please explain :D

Never heard of such information from these two nations, might need to have a look into it.

You serious? http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Book_of_Isaiah

No test, that is a weak answer, the Bible refers to an animal called the Behemoth that has a tail the size of a cedar tree, not sure though dude, your asking me to be a time machine

I woudn't care much for it either mate, sounds strange to me also.

You said NASA with it's (US funded) technology would disagree, like we should believe them or something. I believe them less than i believe in God.

That is alot of reading to do, i will look at it later, looks intriuging. I still question something found after the fact is all......Nostradamus had like a million predictions but you only ever really hear about them after, for the most part anyways and they are very losely translated.

I am curious to know what you think about dinosaurs is all? There seems to be plenty of evidence of more than 1 species.