What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Colours and Mascot

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Dolphins ... Turquiose Ochre and White... Pretty whimpy name and colours doesn't sound too good. Guess we will get to see on the Footy show.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Nah they are not saying if there will be a team or not. Gold Coast are just showing how far along they are with the whole process in comparison to the other bids.

Dragons_#1

Bench
oh k
as if the central coast wouldnt have a strong bid already i mean they have teh juniors and a footy feild already. plus they have players waiting to sign, e.g. orford and morrison which would be a good starting point.

weasel

First Grade
Noooo!!!!!!!! :cry: They can't be the dolphins!! There's a whole ocean of different sea animals, surely they could have found one a famous club doesn't already have. :|

DIEHARD

----
Redcliffe will be pissed off! They had mid to long term ambitions to be in the NRL.

But aside from that it is the perfect for the Gold Coast.

I really am disturbed for Redcliffe, I always wanted to see the real Dolphins in the NRL representing the Sunshine Coast.

I'll wait and see the Footy Show.

ibeme

First Grade
I wish the NRL would hurry up. Seeing the vying teams carry on like dogs trying to please their master with trick after trick and spending possibly wasted money is getting too much

Dont mind the mascot....the colours are just dreadfull!

Still I hope we see them colours in the NRL before we see the red and black.

Red Bear

Referee
CC had their team colours long ago

Red and Black
The Bears
Not whimpy like the dolphins :p
Plus the juniors, World class stadium Already in place, huge supporer base, with the Central coast people as well as the old Bears fans who were pissed off with being dumped from the NRL, the backing of the Premier, and of course John Singletons money, with him personally backing the bid for the duration of the licence. They have players who want to play for them(Orford is only signing a 1 year deal, Morrisen is willing to go to England for a year and come back in 2006 for the Bears, Paul Strnger also would be the prop) and everything ready to go straight away. I agree both teams should be admitted but if it came to the crunch CC over GC(Wellington shouldnt be an option, a Perth team before Wellington).

Macca

Coach
Where is the wanker that told me the Gold Coast would never be the Dolphins because of legal reasons? C'mon, Melon, it was you wasn't it?

beave

Coach
GoTheBears said:
CC had their team colours long ago

Red and Black
The Bears
Not whimpy like the dolphins :p
Plus the juniors, World class stadium Already in place, huge supporer base, with the Central coast people as well as the old Bears fans who were pissed off with being dumped from the NRL, the backing of the Premier, and of course John Singletons money, with him personally backing the bid for the duration of the licence. They have players who want to play for them(Orford is only signing a 1 year deal, Morrisen is willing to go to England for a year and come back in 2006 for the Bears, Paul Strnger also would be the prop) and everything ready to go straight away. I agree both teams should be admitted but if it came to the crunch CC over GC(Wellington shouldnt be an option, a Perth team before Wellington).

mate i feel sorry for yas, i honestly do, at least you guys showed intiative with the move to gossie, and only an act of stupidity(wrong steel in original construction of the stadium) and god (rain) stopped you guys from being a stand alone club. But i think if they do go with the new team, they will make it gold coast, i dont think there should be another team personally, i think relocating a team to the gold coast and maybe another to gosford, there is nothing wrong with the bye at all, just my opinion

Beave

beave

Coach
bucanneers would have been a good name, i think there were a few names being thrown around, vikings, dolphins, bucanneers, pirates and there were 2 others, i remember reading about it the the courier mail.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Even though i dont want GC to be the 16th team i'd rather have them be named Gold Coast Chargers than the Dolphins.

Dragons_#1

Bench
why not to central coast, all tehy have to do is sign 18 players or even less i mean they have players lineing up now to sign ??? i herd brett dallas may be coming back and he was a bear, there are still plenty out there who wouldnt mind coming back im sure, orford and morrison prime examples. mate gold coast have already had a chance and they blew it give cc a go.
Common bring back the red and black BEARS !!!!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
bucanneers would have been a good name, i think there were a few names being thwon around, vikings, dolphins, bucanneers, pirates and there were 2 others, i remembering reading about it the the courier mail.

Vikings would hav clashed with the Raiders. I think Dolphins is the best out of them all.

pcpp

Juniors
Bucaneers is way to American. I don't even know what it means/is.

Vikings? - doesn't make sense for a gold coast team, even though it is a coast
Dolphins - makes sort of sense, but "weak and friendly"
Pirates - sounds decent, but I wouldn't like a team called the Gold Coast pirates.

Hopefully Gold Coast will get an extra team as it is the fastest growing area (with Brisbane) in Australia. Plus it will help League stay as the number one code in Queensland.