What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Colours and Mascot

In-goal

Bench
Good Logo and name, i was always kind of hoping that the CC would become the Dolphins but i supose they have there hearts set on bringing back the bears

0neye

you where talking about small great club feel ,im thinking about the big club feel

Coast Dolphins announce coach
Jun 11 06:52
AAP

One of three outfits bidding to join the National Rugby League, the Gold Coast, has announced its logo, playing colours and proposed coach.

The NRL board will meet next month to decide whether a 16th team is warranted.

A Gold Coast team would be known as the Dolphins, play in orange and turquoise and be coached by current NSW Origin and Sydney Roosters assistant John Cartwright.

The other bidders are the NSW Central Coast and Wellington from New Zealand. ;-)

This is the first time that i have had a opinion on the 16th team and i must say GC for a team in the Nrl is a very good option

1. It is offically the fastest growing area of australia which means more likely more people under 18. If GC capture that youth pool, it will mean a great player depth for the future

The point above gave me a extra marks and my belive that GC would be in my opinion the 16th team if reqiured

i am not dismissing CC bid but can someone tell me, as a Mexican born and raise where does the CC start and finish because i thought the CC started up past Newcastle. Geography nobody other than NSW and Southern Queensland know where the CC starts and finishes.

Most people know where the GC is geographically from a Non- RL background

so my tip is for the gold coast dolphins to be admit as a 16th team

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The colours and the logo is just another rip off of an American Sports team, Miami Dolphins. Forget about these pathetic americanised images, we've got to come up with our own tradition.

Gold Coast Dolphins??? I mean c'mon next thing you know they'll be Wellington Wizards. :lol: :lol: I wonder how the Redcliffe Dolphins feel about this.

And last night, the colours were almost blue and gold. :shock: :? Dont steal our colours you GC w*?Nkers, Parramatta blue and gold forever.

This is the 4th team for the coast, and if it ends up being yet another failure on the GC, then they can say goodbye.

Central Coast are ready and prepared they dont need a launch, cause we know we they look like, RED and Black and Bears logo. They've got a stadium, a coach, a CEO, a junior development, they just need players. I think Matt Orford is a player they'll look to buy, why do you think he decided to re-sign for 1 season.

Hazy

Juniors
The jersey looks just like one of the Wests Tigers variants, not too bad but not original enough for me.

The logo is crap, no fear in that one.

And as far as I'm concerned "Dolphins" wear red and white.

I did support the GC bid, but not anymore.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Moffo said:
I bet you all a $1,000,000,000 that the Saints move to Illawarra permenantly before the Dogs move anywhere

mate they wouldnt have built oki if they new that there would be no future and a waste of money,
im afraid i think u will lose ur bet

greentooth

Juniors
Yeah, bring on the NSW bears, while we're at why don't we bring back the steelers, the magpies, balmain and newtown and bring in another Newcastle team. Kick out the cowboys, broncos, raiders, storm and warriors too. Morons.

Shaolin Priest

Juniors
The word is Julian O'Neill has taken of job as mascot for the Gold Coast franchise. It has also been said that Jules has brought BIC along as the major sponser. ;-)

Paullyboy

Coach
Le Rouge said:
Wankhard said:
What an idiot. Yea and the North Sydney Bears are a total rip off of the Chicago Bears and the Redcliffe Dolphins are a total rip off of Miami. Balmain are a rip off of Richmond. Wests a rip off of Collingwood. Gee Manly should sue West Coast. Brisbane Eastern Suburbs and Balmain should be in court. Brisbane Wests and Penrith wouldn't be exchanging christmas cards.

First of all you clueless f**k. The North Sydney bears (1908) are older than the Chicago Bears (1922) so if anything it could be said that Chicago are a rip off the North Sydney Bears. And who gives a toss about the AFL teams.

You'd have to be a blind moron to not see that the Gold coat bid is not trying to be similar to the Miami Dolphins. Both locations have similarities, with both being seen to be holiday destinations for their respective countries, and in both cases they are a spot for the Old Retirees to flock to live in.

This was the Gold Coast's chance at originality.
Why do we have to have yet another American Copy?

First of all mate it doesnt exactly look good when you abuse somone and call them a clueless f**k when it is in fact you that is massively in the wrong. North Sydney (not the North Sydney Bears) joined the competition in 1908, but it wasnt for many decades that they also had the name Bears attached to them. The idea of Bears did in fact come from the Chicago Bears NFL team.

Earlier on in the piece someone said that they couldnt be Vikings because thats too close to Raiders. Another example from the NFL:

Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Are all in the same league without any issues.

And finally someone else said that there was no Leagues Club so that when the 10 million dried up that would be the end of it, yet again another person making a biased judgement without really knowing the facts, there is in fact a massive leagues club on the Gold Coast, as well as another massive entertainment facility in Twin Towns which is looking to become involved long term.

So all you Gold Coast knockers, have a think before you start typing, it is the logical option for the NRL to take, I mean how many NSW clubs do you lot really want? I bet all of you guys want it to be called the NSWRL again!

DIEHARD

----
The Gold Coast Dolphins aren't an American rip off.

And I can't believe some of you idiots think it is. You are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to debunk the Gold Coast aren't you you Central Coast spoil sports! Getting desperate!

I said Brisbane and the Cowboys are rip offs and I dont say that just because of their names. Such as the Broncos and Cowboys, which ARE American names. Dolphins aren't solely American citizens, when people say Dolphins you don't think AMERICA. I say it because they are direct copies of their American counterparts.

(Broncos should have been Brumbies and Cowboys should have been Bushrangers)

My examples of rip off teams was my attempt at showing you how ridiculous you are. But if you want to be serious, let's do it. Your example that North Sydney are older than Chicago is irrelevant. Because in 1922 North Sydney were not the Bears were they? North Sdyney copied Chicago! SHOCK HORROR! SHUT DOWN!

Anyway on with business.

When I said the Cowboys and Broncos are Americanised rip offs I meant this!

americanripoffs.jpg

News Ltd seem obsessed with copying the Americans. Granted the Broncos and Cowboys had American names when they joined the competition but at least they had original and different mascots. In the last few years News Ltd have turned them into copies. This is what a NFL rip off looks like, the Gold Coast Dolphins dont have an Americanised nickname nor a copy of a NFL logo.

The Broncos not only copied the inanimate head, a rather poor copy I might say, but the fact that they put BRONCOS and then Brisbane in tinny tiny font underneath. Hell they even nearly copy the font. How pathethic. And the poor old Cowgirls, well News Ltd recently incorporated a star very much like the famous Dallas Cowboys star into the North Queensland emblem.

Funny no one has ever called Redcliffe an American wannabe. I think Tigers and Bears are more the usual suspects, if any. :roll:

Someone post a picture of the Gold Coast logo and then we will post the Miami one.

Le Rouge and his cry babie cronies would make an issue out of anything against the Gold Coast Dolphins. They don't care about the future of Rugby League and it makes me sick!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Paullyboy said:
The idea of Bears did in fact come from the Chicago Bears NFL team.

That is not entirely true, in fact the Bears were named after a famous supermarket in the early 1950s, called Bear Market located in the Northern Suburbs. I know this cause my grandfather told me.

And red and black were the colours because that was the first rugby team.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Diehard, let me get this straight you're saying that Broncos and Cowboys are American rip offs, yet this Gold Coast team isnt. :? I think the Gold Coast one is more of an American rip off than the other 2.

Gold Coast Dolphins, have the same colours, same logo as the Miami Dolphins

DIEHARD

----
Broncos and Cowboys aren't rip off they are geniused clones of NFL clubs.

Just admit you are trying to make any issue you can because you want your pathetic Bears in. If it wasn't the logo it would be something else you would whinge about.

Obviously you and I have different priorities. My priority is the health and future of rugby league. And that is in Queensland. I look beyond selfishness to put my support behind the right decision. If the tables were turned and QLD had 10 teams and NSW only had 2 uninspiring clubs and was under serious invasion by the AFL. The Bears would have my full support.

It's time to stop being selfish bastards and consider Rugby League. We want Rugby League to return to being the #1 sport and you want us to do exactly what the Union and AFL want us to do.

Don't be fools. GO THE DOLPHINS!