What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Colours and Mascot

rugged

Juniors
Wonder what the Redcliffe Dolphins rugby league team will say (not that I care!!!)?

Prodigiousman

Juniors
The Gold Coast bid had a chance to really kick a goal tonight and in my opinion their choice of name and jersey has cancelled out the good move of naming Johnny Cartwright as their coach-elect.

Bright Orange flares down the jersey???!!!? They should be named the Gold Coast Council Workers - at least that could create a cult following that the 'Dolphins' will never do.

Redcliffe don't own the name, but it is synonomus with their team and that in my view is a major mistake by the marketers.

Gold Coast Giants - they didn't make a mistake in 1988 with that name and to be honest I liked the emblem and colours (although a bit dull - they were footy colours!), the mistake they made in 1988 was a lack of planning and infrastructure - a problem Michael Searle seems to be on top of if you believe everything he says and has been saying for the past 6 months.

I'll back the Central Coast Bears for the 16th team thank you very much.

Macca

Coach
After seeing the setup and th jersey/logo I am starting to sway towards the Dolphins. I hate to see an area like the CC go to waste but I think they will get a side there in 2 or 3 years anyway. Most of us have been whinging about having a second SE Qld side for a while and their bid looks reasnably sound.

$10 mill in the bank. 100k population that grows at 3%. A good name and logo. A good jersey. A well known successful coach. They'll do me. That area needs a football team.

Big Bunny

Juniors
A few dolphin facts that I have picked up over the years from lord knows where..

Yes, dolphins are vicious, but they are also quite a worry sexually. Occasionally there are reports about dolphins having molested people feeding them in the shallows. You see, dolphins have a prehensile penis. That is to say, their penis can be controlled like an arm just a like a monkey controls its tail. Once in a while there comes a report where a person has felt something wrap around their legs whilst feeding, patting them etc.

Another point is that dolphins can be as blood thirsty as humans. They are like us in many ways including the more sadistic side to human nature. One recorded fact his that dolphins have been filmed in the wild attacking a pod of porpoise, singling out a newly born calf to use as a play thing. The dolphins will take the calf and toss it between each other as a toy until it is nothing more than a bloody pulp.

So much for the animal being pissweak or loveable.

Le Rouge

Juniors
McSharkie said:
$10 mill in the bank. 100k population that grows at 3%. A good name and logo. A good jersey. A well known successful coach. They'll do me. That area needs a football team.

$10 million is very piss poor-- what happens when that $10 mill runs out?
They have no leagues clubs to continue the revenue.

The Jersey is mundane, and the Logo is a blatant copy of the Miami dolphins logo.

I'm starting to think the Wellington bid could be better than this one the GC has put forward.

Macca

Coach
Le Rouge said:
McSharkie said:

$10 million is very piss poor-- what happens when that $10 mill runs out?
They have no leagues clubs to continue the revenue.

The Jersey is mundane, and the Logo is a blatant copy of the Miami dolphins logo.

I'm starting to think the Wellington bid could be better than this one the GC has put forward.

You're not biassed either way or nothing are you?

Anonymous

Juniors
They need the team. SE QLD needs another team significantly more than an area which is an hour away from 10 other teams.

In 5-10 years when the NRL expands some more, then the CC can have it's team.

DIEHARD

----
Look at the Central Coast cry babies cry!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EAT IT CENTRAL COAST! EAT IT!!!!

For those who think the Dolphins is a light weight mascot, tell that to our top QRL team the Redcliffe Dolphins. They'll kick your arse son.

I love the mascot and name and colours but the logo NEEDS a redesign. What the hell is going on with the water spurting our its head? As my mother would say, "it looks rude!"

GOLD COAST DOLPHINS FOREVER!!!

PROFESSIONAL DEATH AND ETERNAL PREMIER LEAGUE TO THE BAD LUCK BEARS!

I can't wait until the Dolphins get in and I can begin the most disgusting bout of bad sportsmanship ever in the history of this forum and rub it in the face of central coast cry babies and make them EAT IT!

DIEHARD

----
Le Rouge said:

What an idiot. Yea and the North Sydney Bears are a total rip off of the Chicago Bears and the Redcliffe Dolphins are a total rip off of Miami. Balmain are a rip off of Richmond. Wests a rip off of Collingwood. Gee Manly should sue West Coast. Brisbane Eastern Suburbs and Balmain should be in court. Brisbane Wests and Penrith wouldn't be exchanging christmas cards.

Saying that the Gold Coast are ripping off Miami simply for using the same animal is idiotic but saying their logo is a blatant rip off of the Miami logo is pure stupity. You need glasses and a brain son!

And the Broncos are rip offs of Denver and North QLD are cheap immidations of Dallas.... OH WAIT THEY ARE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Bloody News Ltd lamers. That is another thread entirely!

The Miami and Gold Coast logos are COMPLETELY different you spastic and only happen to feature the same animal.

Le Rouge = blatant stupidity and bias.

Le Rouge

Juniors
Wankhard said:
What an idiot. Yea and the North Sydney Bears are a total rip off of the Chicago Bears and the Redcliffe Dolphins are a total rip off of Miami. Balmain are a rip off of Richmond. Wests a rip off of Collingwood. Gee Manly should sue West Coast. Brisbane Eastern Suburbs and Balmain should be in court. Brisbane Wests and Penrith wouldn't be exchanging christmas cards.

First of all you clueless f**k. The North Sydney bears (1908) are older than the Chicago Bears (1922) so if anything it could be said that Chicago are a rip off the North Sydney Bears. And who gives a toss about the AFL teams.

You'd have to be a blind moron to not see that the Gold coat bid is not trying to be similar to the Miami Dolphins. Both locations have similarities, with both being seen to be holiday destinations for their respective countries, and in both cases they are a spot for the Old Retirees to flock to live in.

This was the Gold Coast's chance at originality.
Why do we have to have yet another American Copy?

Saying that the Gold Coast are ripping off Miami simply for using the same animal is idiotic but saying their logo is a blatant rip off of the Miami logo is pure stupity. You need glasses and a brain son!

Not seeing that this is what they are trying to do is being f**kin naive you imbecile.

And the Broncos are rip offs of Denver and North QLD are cheap immidations of Dallas.... OH WAIT THEY ARE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Bloody News Ltd lamers. That is another thread entirely!

Thankyou for helping my argument. The Dolphins ARE another one

The Miami and Gold Coast logos are COMPLETELY different you spastic and only happen to feature the same animal.

Le Rouge = blatant stupidity and bias.

The Gold Coast Dolphin emblem is a modified version and a cheap imitation of the Miami Dolphins logo......so yes i agree with you they are different, but only marginally.

Diehard = Naive, Blinkered Bruce Willis groupie

FLO

Juniors
Diehard said:
For those who think the Dolphins is a light weight mascot, tell that to our top QRL team the Redcliffe Dolphins. They'll kick your arse son.

More like steal your wallet!

If disgruntled league bandwagoners must have a team from Gold Coast it should be called GC BLOW-INS .The emblem could be a picture of a hotted up 4 cylinder with victorian number plates and the mascot could be a woggy looking bloke with died blond hair, wearing vfl shorts and a shirt from one of the local theme parks.
Or maybe GC WHALERS/WHALE NETTERS. The emblem, a juvenile humpback entangled in a net, struggling for its final breath of air.The mascot, a"shark" net hung up on the sideline displaying the diversity of wild life the area has to wipeout.

0neye

There are parts of the Goldie that are realy f**ked up but there is a lot of rugby league here & lots of clubs in NSW & Victoria get there players from here so FLO wake up to you self you fool :blahb:

miccle

Bench
The way I see it, the only people pleading for the CC team are selfish and not looking out for the game itself. Sure, all of you sydney area people would be happy - another game you could choose to drive to every other weekend.

The fact is, SE QLD (Sunny coast, brissie and surrounds, gold coast) has over 3 million people and ONE team. I'd say all of the areas the Sydney and surrounds NRL teams cover must be about 4-5 million. BUT you have Manly, Roosters, Parra, Cronulla, St George, Wests, Cantebury, Penrith and Souths. We NEED a team here. Just a hint, not everyone likes the broncos. Amazing, but true.

For the good of the game. This area has the financial support, the stadium, the fans, the juniors and only one other NRL team within any sort of coo-ee. Use your heads. Back the dolphins.

FLO

Juniors
0neye said:
There are parts of the Goldie that are realy f**ked up but there is a lot of rugby league here & lots of clubs in NSW & Victoria get there players from here so FLO wake up to you self you fool :blahb:

Yes, there is RL in GC and tweed area and the clubs that I have had anything to do with (cudgen, burliegh,sth tweed) had a great small club feel about them and PBC High is great ambassador aswell. Can you honestly call GC a Rugby League town? It's more of a trip-away town.Did I touch a bit close to home with my suggested mascot ? ;-)

0neye

Small town you make me sick its the fastest growing city in OZ,i bet you,re one of those Gecko people over the top ;-)

Latest posts