What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gold coast consortium

curry

Juniors
ok folks i know i posted a lot of shit once but i have a deeply serious revelation here, i dont know inside sources - i am the inside source in this [marketing manager for a nameless firm] and we have been given the chance to help decide, through market reseach, the new moniker for the gold coast group.

I have realised that although i post here, im still nameless- there fore i wont get in trouble.

the shortlist of names are:

gold coast mako's
gold coast commando's
gold coast cougars [was nearly a done deal at one stage, but once it was pointed out the number of big cats as nicknames for nrl sides it got shafted and looks extremely unlikely
gold coast hurricanes -equal favourite at this stage
g.c killaz
gold coast phantom's
gold coast gremlins [2nd favourite at this stage, simply on the basis of a kickass logo being drawn from a graphics arts trainee]
gold coast cossacks
coastal conquer
gold coast mets [equal favourite]
gold coast raptors
gold coast condor's [was a firm favourite, until likeness to seagull was brought up, still in the plans though.]

of course with a lot of the above its highly possibble they might not go by a geographical name, or even more likely they will decide to adopt the name 'coastal' eg. coastal condor's. Only time will tell.

curry

Juniors
ill tell you know gremlins is right up there, on account of a very interesting logo design, that i personally believe would be the best logo of rugby league history [my view, although others in the know have remarked how outstanding it is]. The only catch we are trying to work out if people want to support 'gremlins'.

But its up there, ill say that much.

DIEHARD

----
You can't be serious.

Nearly all those names are totally ridiculous.

WTF

Was your company also responsible for Union's equally pathetic Western Force?

If you are serious, lift your game!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i just hope you bastards stick to ure own and dont go and buy the upcoming talent (covell, tupou, carney) from other clubs

Bazal

Post Whore
FFS.......this obsession over Luke Covell is going to drive me to terrorism...

Bazal

Post Whore
They can't buddy, he's signed with Parra til the end of 2008. Try again.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
im just saying
u getting angry at me for saying id hate for GC to take covell
im saying how would u feel if they took hindmarsh
devastated

Bazal

Post Whore
Well they can't take Hindmarsh, so the discussion is pointless. And comparing Covell to Hindmarsh is the most ridiculous thing you've ever done.

curry

Juniors
i would actually have liked Gold coast sting rays, or manta rays--- but none of those made the shortlist with the sample research group

DIEHARD

----
curry said:
the shortlist of names are:

gold coast mako's
gold coast commando's
gold coast cougars [was nearly a done deal at one stage, but once it was pointed out the number of big cats as nicknames for nrl sides it got shafted and looks extremely unlikely
gold coast hurricanes -equal favourite at this stage
g.c killaz
gold coast phantom's
gold coast gremlins [2nd favourite at this stage, simply on the basis of a kickass logo being drawn from a graphics arts trainee]
gold coast cossacks
coastal conquer
gold coast mets [equal favourite]
gold coast raptors
gold coast condor's [was a firm favourite, until likeness to seagull was brought up, still in the plans though.

This isn't the XFL or Arena Football, this is rugby league!

Stop taking the piss!

curry

Juniors
no im not taking the piss this time.

this is bona fide genuine stuff,

care to take a wager?

if the name isnt taken from that shortlist ill pay out

Eelectrica

Referee
Gold Coast Stingrays or Mantarays.
I prefer Mantarays myself, but I believe their is an AMNRL team with the same name and they may sue to prevent someone else from taking it. Afterall in 100165678 years when teleportation devices are invented they might also like to be in the NRL.

Or simply make up a name like the Gold Coast Zenzarians, but then Star Trek geeks may sue because they probably have a trademark on being the only company allowed to invent names from letters randomly mixed together :roll:

Coaster

Bench
Gold Coast Crocadiles
Gold Coast Sands
Gold Coast Dingos
Gold Coast Stingers
Gold Coast Sting rays
Gold Coast Sun maybe a problem with the papers
Gold Coast Sea
Gold Coast Sea Lions

Some for thought

Latest posts