What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Name revealed....

TITANS!

Today it has been confirmed that the Gold Coast NRL team will be called the Titans.

It has been reported by the GC Bulletin today, and also show the team colours.

They will be Light Blue, White and Gold.

More to come on this when they have their official brand-launch tommorow night at Robina Town Centre

Mr Saab

Referee
titan definition

Ti·tan (ttn)
n.
1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" David Barboza.
3. The largest satellite of Saturn and the 11th in distance from the planet. It is the second largest satellite in the solar system.

Has no relevance to "america"

yobbo84

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
titan definition

Ti·tan (ttn)
n.
1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" David Barboza.
3. The largest satellite of Saturn and the 11th in distance from the planet. It is the second largest satellite in the solar system.

Has no relevance to "america"

Gees, I meant in the context of sporting team nicknames.

Mr Saab

Referee
just because the yanks have a sporting team called the Titans (NFL) doesnt mean it cant be used by other teams in other countries.

I don't like the name, but didn't like any of the three final options either. Dolphins was an absolute cracker, I reckon they should have done everything in their power to stick with it, but the consortium showed nobility not often seen in professional sport and backed down.

Anyway, Titans it is.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bring back John Fifita said:
Dolphins was an absolute cracker, I reckon they should have done everything in their power to stick with it, but the consortium showed nobility not often seen in professional sport and backed down.
That, and the looming legal proceedings... and the NRL bid suffering because of it.

Latest posts