What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Name revealed....

RainMan

Juniors
aids said:
i wanted the Gold Coast Gunners

Doctor Death wanted that name too! gunna do this, gunna do that.

He has seemed to dropped off the planet right after the Gold Coast was granted entry to the NRL for 2007. Sucked in Doctor Death!

Forget the fact that the myth of Titans has been passed down through thousands of years....

This is just another damn American name! :D

0neye

HOW GAY IS THAT NAME ;() LOL
x-choc-des-titans-jj.jpg

Kingytek

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Forget the fact that the myth of Titans has been passed down through thousands of years....

This is just another damn American name! :D

Cowboys
Broncos
Panthers
Raiders
Knights
Warriors
Tigers
Sharks

Need I say more.... ;-)
To be honest I would have perferred something a little more australian. I loved Dolphins but oh well. We will have to wait for redcliffe to join the NRL in 2060 but by that time Redcliffe will be Brisbane Norths therefore North Bris Dolphins for 2060!.

Jono078

Referee
I wanted Gold Coast Vipers, and I semi got that (CRL Players will understand :), Carn you Squids :p)

Kingytek said:
Cowboys
Broncos
Panthers
Raiders
Knights
Warriors
Tigers
Sharks

Need I say more.... ;-)
To be honest I would have perferred something a little more australian. I loved Dolphins but oh well. We will have to wait for redcliffe to join the NRL in 2060 but by that time Redcliffe will be Brisbane Norths therefore North Bris Dolphins for 2060!.

Broncos - Its a horse. Horses arent American.
Panthers - Name 30 years before the NFL side after the legend of the Panther that roams the Blue Mountains area.
Raiders - Raiders are American?
Knights - Knights. KNIGHTS. KNIGHTS!
Warriors - Warriors have been around for thousands of years.....thats almost as long as America has been around apparently.
Tigers - Tigers are American!
Sharks - How can something from the ocean be American!

yeah well, this is OUR team, and WE decided it to be Titans, so anyone who doesn't like it, you don't have to support us.

This one's for the locals

Kiwi

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Broncos - Its a horse. Horses arent American.
Panthers - Name 30 years before the NFL side after the legend of the Panther that roams the Blue Mountains area.
Raiders - Raiders are American?
Knights - Knights. KNIGHTS. KNIGHTS!
Warriors - Warriors have been around for thousands of years.....thats almost as long as America has been around apparently.
Tigers - Tigers are American!
Sharks - How can something from the ocean be American!

How can something from Greek Mythology be american?

Mr Saab

Referee
Kiwi said:
How can something from Greek Mythology be american?

i wonder that myself.
I posted the definition of a titan yet they still persist with "america"

wittyfan

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
titan definition

Ti·tan (ttn)
n.
1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" David Barboza.
3. The largest satellite of Saturn and the 11th in distance from the planet. It is the second largest satellite in the solar system.

Has no relevance to "america"

The GC Giants were a huge success so I'm sure the Titans will follow in the same vein. :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
sullyfan said:
The GC Giants were a huge success so I'm sure the Titans will follow in the same vein. :lol:

giants
seagulls
chargers

i bet they (titans) win a comp before the sharks

Kiwi

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
My previous post was a joke.

Of course they arent American. Its just people looking for something to whinge about.

Fair enough, you are right about people whinging about it.

GC Titans is a great name and rolls off the tongue nicely.

Scorpio30

Bench
Would the "Titans" have been a suggestion had it not all ready existed in a sporting franchise?....Food for thought.....
and I think not.