What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast / Redcliffe Dolphins - Farce !

Razor

Coach
I cant believe people are even thinking about bringing in another Queensland team. I mean how much harm have these bastards already done to us?

How many teams do NSW want?

Central Coast has a team an hour up the road in Newcastle, and one an hour down the road in Manly

JW

Coach
IMO if we're trying to get the NRL going forward it shouldnt come down to state borders when talking about issues with existing clubs, new clubs and clubs that are no longer with us in the top grade.

Cheers.

FLO

Juniors
If you actually think Redcliffe to Brisbane is closer than 5 minutes, then you're the one who doesn't know.

Brighton (a suburb of Brisbane) is 2.76 kms from Clontarf (a suburb of redcliffe) via the Houghton HWY Bridge.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Denis'saints'Freak said:
I cant believe people are even thinking about bringing in another Queensland team. I mean how much harm have these bastards already done to us?

'Queensland needs another footy team blah blah' Well f**k them just like they f***ed us. Time to take care of our own, time to be selfish… It's the Super League way!

North Sydney Bears – 1908 to 2004. They've got as much right as Souths to get back into a comp that they were unfairly excluded from. BRING THEM BACK!!!

Too right!

Even if the Bears are in the stench may never go away with existing mergers etc.

A month or so ago I sent a letter to the Partnership Committee via John Brady. In this letter I relaid a dream in which I learnt The Bears were not in and went to NRL headquarters to confront them. At one point I said "You barstards don’t care about anybody’s feelings, you don’t care about history or tradition."

I spoke to John the next day he read the letter then said "We DO care about peoples feels", "We do need people with passion like yourself".

The point is the world does not revole around money. The world is about people and society. This is what makes sport sport and not purly a business.

This decission is crucial to what the NRL/ARL/News think about and how they treat the members of it's Rugby League communittee.

Knightmare

Coach
Here's what it looks like to an un-biased observer, another reason why the Bears should get the first nod....

2000 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: Nothing
2001 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: Barely a noise
2002 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Mmmm, yeah that'd be nice..."
2003 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Yeah, we'd like a team again!"
2004 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast "NO, WE SHOULD HAVE A TEAM!"
:roll:

Big-Steve

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Here's what it looks like to an un-biased observer, another reason why the Bears should get the first nod....

2002 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Mmmm, yeah that'd be nice..."
2003 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Yeah, we'd like a team again!"
2004 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast "NO, WE SHOULD HAVE A TEAM!"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
JW said:
Redcliffe would be the sensible coice for a 2nd Brisbane team when that time comes around as they are established, successful, well supported for a Qld Cup team, have history, and are well known in Brisbane, therefore locals are more likely to embrace them as an NRL club. Easier than starting a club from scratch.

This could harm there chances even on a nickname alone.

Obvioulsy the GC wouldnt be thinking of anyone but themselves, and I spose it wouldnt be a priority to them as they are focussed on just getting into the NRL to start with, let alone worrying about andy future Qld representation in the NRL. But for Qld Rugby League, I agree that it is an issue and someone in authority should be aware of it and at least put the issue forward to the NRL and the GC bid.

The GC arent obliged to do anything about it, but for the good of Qld Rugby League and common sense, they should at least look into it.

I second Pigskin's concerns.

Cheers.

Who says Redcliffe should be the second "Brisbane" team in the NRL? Redcliffe isn't even IN Brisbane.

There are other teams that are just as strong in Brisbane who would qualify as the basis for a NRL franchise. But fact is none of them have got it together to develop a viable proposal at this point.

And there are already a lot of other teams in the old BRL or Qld Cup who share emblems with NRL teams or former teams ... Tigers, Panthers, Magpies, Seagulls (Seaeagles)... get a life and stop complaining.

DIEHARD

----
Well aren't all the hill billies coming out of the woodwork for an anti Gold Coast, shin dig / hoe down. Fancy this bitter and twisted merkin FLO saying I lie to back up my arguements. I guess the truth hurts. I guess reason, logic and objective thinking dazes and confuses him. :lol: :lol:

And it seems to me that this Denis'Illawarra'Freak is making a massive generalisation that all Queenslanders supported the Super League ethos and thrust deserve having some perverted interpretation of it thus upon them. Obviously no NSWer knows the pain and frustration of being a traditional BRL/QRL fan. Your filthy attitude will destroy our game.

Just look at this ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the selfishness that has crippled our great game for decades! If you idiots ran Rugby League you'd run it into the ground and kill it, but thank god you village idiots are far out numbered by intelligent people with their eyes firmly on the future and health of the greatest game.

Its the NATIONAL rugby league guys not the NSWRL. If you want to go watch North Sydney go watch Premier League because we have other plans. Seriously you want an NRL club and you can't even sell out the matches you are given, if you got an NRL license you would do nothing but embarrass us. And do exactly what the AFL and Union want us to do, oh they are wishing we shoot ourselves in the foot again.

I'm disgusted that you would leave Queensland to the dogs, if it was up to people like you we would have no national competition, no State of Origin, no internationals and no future. Mark my words if the Gold Coast are passed over, it marks the beginning of the end for Rugby League in Queensland, we wont be able to dominate the state under AFL invasion at all levels. And mark my words, the consequences of QLD's down fall will be felt through out the rugby league world.

And no matter what, no matter the colours, the logo, the name, the players, the coach, under any circumstances you clowns would dig up something to have a cry about at the Gold Coast bid. It's pathetic.

GOLD COAST DOLPHINS DIVING INTO THE NRL IN 2006!!!!! EAT IT!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Diehard said:
Mark my words if the Gold Coast are passed over, it marks the beginning of the end for Rugby League in Queensland,

You're kidding me right. :? :x

That is so bullsh*tt, just because another Queensland team wont enter the competition, doesnt mean the end of Rugby League in Queensland. Look there are other areas in Queensland that have produced so many good players in the past, and have good junior development.

Rugby League dying in Queensland???, pffttt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diehard said:
If you idiots ran Rugby League you'd run it into the ground and kill it

Lets see you try and run the game, the NRL grand final would be in Brisbane. And they'll be 6 QLD teams in the NRL. :lol: :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Knightmare said:

Thats a very good reason why the Central Coast should be in.

We didnt hear from the Gold Coast in 1999, a year after they were kicked out.

Razor

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Diehard said:
Mark my words if the Gold Coast are passed over, it marks the beginning of the end for Rugby League in Queensland,

You're kidding me right. :? :x

I agree with him.

Since the Gold Coast Chargers left the comp, the AFL has gained so much ground. Totally due to the fact that the Broncos is SE-QLD only option, who are truly hated by a large number of people here. I won't go and watch them unless they play the Knights.

Lets see you try and run the game, the NRL grand final would be in Brisbane. And they'll be 6 QLD teams in the NRL. :lol: :lol:

Keep the Grand Final in Sydney

But there should be on top of the Gold Coast team another Brisbane team.

Pigskin

Juniors
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Razor said:

How many teams do NSW want?

I think the relevant question would be how many NSW have been killed off?

yep .... and kill off / merge about 4 more cause too many of them suck and their holding back the rest of the comp

its people like you and Razor that enable us Queenslanders to feel complete hatred around Origin time for anything representing south of the border

thanks, probly didn't need the reminder but will take it anyway

a lot of blues would make great Americans - very similar mindset

Oink !

a lot of blues would make great Americans - very similar mindset

"On a trip to the US last week, Bid Team Directors Paul Broughton and Michael Searle obtained full endorsement for the Gold Coast Bid from Miami Dolphins Executives. Searle commented that "the similarities in lifestyle between Miami and the Gold Coast are remarkable. We have comparable climate, beaches and share a love of the ocean and a laid back attitude", he said. "We hope to forge strong alliances with Miami in the future and are already planning various exchange programs".

You where saying? Oh and its called Brisvegas for a reason...

t-ba

Post Whore
Denis'saints'Freak said:
You where saying? Oh and its called Brisvegas for a reason...

I always thought it tried to portray itself off as the Australian Equivalent of Miami, but could pass off as Missoura by the Beach...

Mark my words if the Gold Coast are passed over, it marks the beginning of the end for Rugby League in Queensland

Bullshit.

The same argument is put up for the Central Coast anyway - If we dont put in a team their it'll go Rah Rah.

t-ba

Post Whore
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Mark my words if the Gold Coast are passed over, it marks the beginning of the end for Rugby League in Queensland

bullsh*t.

The same argument is put up for the Central Coast anyway - If we dont put in a team their it'll go Rah Rah.

Both are BS reactionary Statements. The Super 12 wobn't expand, and No one in SEQLD has the guts to put together a proposal for a Second AFL side (The AFL would JUMP at the opportunity though. It took them less than 5 months to starve Fitzroy when Port Adelaide went in, they'd probably cream themselves and terminate the Dogs...)

t-ba

Post Whore
Glad that's been Established.

Would You mind a GC team Denis? Would you like one if Both them and the Bears got a license? Would you approve in such a situation?

Latest posts