What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast / Redcliffe Dolphins - Farce !

Razor

Coach
yep .... and kill off / merge about 4 more cause too many of them suck and their holding back the rest of the comp

its people like you and Razor that enable us Queenslanders to feel complete hatred around Origin time for anything representing south of the border

You do know that Dennis agrees with you and that there shouldn't be a Gold Coast team?

For different reasons yes. He wants a CC side instead and you're a Broncos fan who doesn't want competition.

But I strongly disagree with you both, who say another QLD side is a must. Not exactly anti-QLD like you suggest.

t-ba the hutt said:
Glad that's been Established.

Would You mind a GC team Denis? Would you like one if Both them and the Bears got a license? Would you approve in such a situation?

I don't object to the idea in principle. But it would have to be done right – The Bears must come back in and one Sydney team has to go… to make way for the GC that is… we cant have a 17 team comp.

Now there's only one team in Sydney that has no moral right to existence, whose area is insignificant, whose fans are sub human scum, whose finances are shot, whose history is that of utter failure and bastardry. It will never happen though coz they parted their legs for uncle Rupert when he came knocking.

This is where those who want to re-shape the comp to allow for more expansion teams have gone wrong – they've cut down the great NSW clubs with glories histories and legions of fans while leaving the UTTER TRASH. It is these leeches and those in the NRL/Super League who support them that are holding us back, not people 'like me' as Diehard says.

Razor

Coach
What about 18 teams? anything wrong with that?

I think there should be. As does Phil Gould and Wayne Bennett.

But there's no way in hell the NRL will admit all 3 teams. Only 1 team, which means the Gold Coast.

Razor

Coach
We've got to have something approaching a home and away season.

Why?

The majority of competitions in the world don't.

In the NFL the teams don't play all the teams in their conference once in a season. They play the clubs in their division twice, some teams in their conference once, some teams in the other conference once. The others they don't play at all (although could face them in the playoffs)

The AFL doesn't play home & away.

There is no need to play home & away unless you scrap the final series, and have top of the table as the winner. That isn't good as it greatly reduces revenue and it would be possible for a club to win with several rounds remaining.

t-ba

Post Whore
Really? It's well known that the Next TV deal will blow the current one out of the water, and they are all in 3 very different markets in regards to sponsorship.

In the NFL the teams don't play all the teams in their conference once in a season. They play the clubs in their division twice, some teams in their conference once, some teams in the other conference once. The others they don't play at all (although could face them in the playoffs)

Yep and it sounds like complete wank to me.

The AFL doesn't play home & away.

AFL clubs dont even have home grounds.

DIEHARD

----
Shows you how stupid these Blues are. Yea just because Im from Brisbane means I want to put my selfish ambitions ahead of the game. Just becaue Im from Brisbane I must agree with anything the Broncos or John Ribot ever thought. Just because Brisbane is in Queensland all Queenslanders must think like people from Brisbane who of course all support the Broncos who dance to the tune of Super League.

The last thing I would be doing if I was in control on RL would be to EVER move the grand final out of Sydney. And even if I ultimately wanted 6 QLD teams, which I don't, what would be wrong with it? You have 10, wanting 11. At least we would put them in decent areas not representing suburbs. We'd have the Broncos, 2nd Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and North Queensland.

Newsflash Denis'saints'Freak, the Super League war ended in 1998. Build a bridge and get over it, the rest of us have. We are trying to bring Rugby League back to life, people like you want to stuff it and put it on the couch.

GET OVER IT! GET OVER THE SUPER LEAGUE WAR! This is 2004 and we have clawed back and stand on the freshold of resurrecting our NATIONAL competition.

I can't believe you'd place giving some shithouse team that hasn't won anything since 1922 an NRL berth over the health of Rugby League in Queensland. One club compared to a state. Jesus christ!

Try living in Brisbane and being a rugby league fan. Going day to day having to watch our dominace be eroded on a daily basis by the AFL and Union. Knowing the only hope for us is getting more NRL clubs. Leaving it anylonger and we will be in real trouble. Children are growing up thinking AFL is as powerful as RL, that its OK to go for the Lions and AFL. Our culture is being washed away and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Several Melbourne AFL clubs are nearly falling over. It doesn't take much at all for the to relocate these clubs to the Gold Coast. We'd be strangled. It will happen if we don't get in there first. Not giving the GC a team is sending a message to Queenslanders that the NRL doesn't care. The AFL will capitalise on this.

They did it with Fitzroy (The Lions are basically Fitzroy with Maroon instead of red, there is no trace of the Bears) And they did it with Sydney. Let's not let them do it to the Gold Coast.

Be wary of the AFL, they are forward thinkers and support expansion.

This wouldn't be a problem. If in 1987 we took steps to some how merge the NSWRL and QRL's best clubs. We'd have the best damn competition in the nation... Instead we are left with Queensland being left out in the cold. NSW clubs aren't any more important than our traditional clubs. It may be too late grant entry to 4 or more QRL clubs but its not to late to even up the scale between NSW and QLD representation! We have been playing the game since 1908 as well buddy!

Razor

Coach
Children are growing up thinking AFL is as powerful as RL, that its OK to go for the Lions and AFL. Our culture is being washed away and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

The Broncos doing these joint promotions with the AFL all the time is just stupid as well. And their "festival of football" crap they're all planning for next year. So the Broncos are helping promote AFL & Union, when they're already gaining rapidly by the dearth of Rugby League clubs in the area.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Diehard said:
Newsflash Denis'saints'Freak, the Super League war ended in 1998. Build a bridge and get over it, the rest of us have. We are trying to bring Rugby League back to life, people like you want to stuff it and put it on the couch.

GET OVER IT! GET OVER THE SUPER LEAGUE WAR! This is 2004 and we have clawed back and stand on the freshold of resurrecting our NATIONAL competition.

I can't believe you'd place giving some shithouse team that hasn't won anything since 1922 an NRL berth over the health of Rugby League in Queensland. One club compared to a state. Jesus christ!

You're lack of understanding of what people feel is PATHETIC!

Why should we get over it just because News wants us to. We are an independant people who don't except what happened and we have a right to.

Now you resort to slandering a foundation club to win your argument. Again PATHETIC! Do you seriously believe the Bears lack of first grade trophys deminishes there history and tradition to their fans and it's contribution to the North Shore society?

Of couse it does'nt. And while I suspect you are able to understand this you seem unable to acknowledge it. And here in lies your problem.

You AND the NRL must face reality the reality of how people feel and attempt to deal with it. Not ignore it and attempt to bury it in glossy promtion and over research.

Unless this atitude changes RL will became a plastic shell that nowone will truly care about (not in a traditional sence).

Go The Dolphins

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Here's what it looks like to an un-biased observer, another reason why the Bears should get the first nod....

2000 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: Nothing
2001 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: Barely a noise
2002 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Mmmm, yeah that'd be nice..."
2003 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast: "Yeah, we'd like a team again!"
2004 Central Coast: "WE WANT OUR OWN TEAM!" Gold Coast "NO, WE SHOULD HAVE A TEAM!"
:roll:
gee dont ley the truth spoil a good argument mate
2000 Central Coast had the Neagles Gold Coast Bid team starts working towards having a team
2001 Central Coast had Neagles Gold Coast organises trials with parramatta and warriors for 2002
2002 CC trys to kill off the manly run Neagles by boycotting, Gold Coast gets huge crowds to 2 trials.
2003 CC still providing lip service and gets 5000 to a trial, Gold Coast averages over 13000 for 3 trial games.
2004 CC cant fill their stadium for a rep game, the Gold Coast gets over 18000 for a trial game that was played in 42 degree heat.

We keep hearing the central coast want a team but what have they shown, very little bar an above average stadium and singo properganda.

The Dolphins on the other hand
HAve prooved they can get backsides on seats
Have 10 mil in the bank
Have a major and sleave sponsor
A jersey design and logo
A government commitment to rebuild carrara stadium
and the 6th biggest population of any city in australia.

The choice is going to be so easy
NRL THE GOLD COAST WANTS TO SAY THATS MY TEAM

DIEHARD

----
Tell me what makes NSW foundation clubs more important than QLD foundation clubs such as Valleys? Norths aren't special :roll:

They can't be in the competition at the expense of expanion.

Go The Dolphins

Juniors
Pigskin said:
I realise some have already expressed their dismay in the thread regarding "Gold Coast Mascot & Colours"

but imo, this subject at least deserves a thread of its own

I have never supported Redcliffe, but have followed the QCup for many years

(not that Mr Broughton and his cronies are likely to see it here - but somebody might point them this way)

I would like to publicly condemn the GC bid team for using the Dolphin as their emblem/mascot

Redcliffe is a thriving/growing city in itself and everybody knows they held longish term ambition to one day be in the NRL themselves

There are zillions of mascots that could have been chosen

Shame Coast Shame

Oink !

ps many others feel the same ?
Wheres there bid?
If thats the case the Central Coast cant be the bears because burleigh has long term plans to be in the NRL

Razor

Coach
Wheres there bid?
If thats the case the Central Coast cant be the bears because burleigh has long term plans to be in the NRL

He's just using that as an excuse for a reason not to support the GC Dolphins bid. As a Broncos fan he doesn't want another club anywhere near them.

Go The Dolphins

Juniors
Razor said:
Wheres there bid?

He's just using that as an excuse for a reason not to support the GC Dolphins bid. As a Broncos fan he doesn't want another club anywhere near them.
why doesnt it surpise me when those bastards did their best to kill off the Crushers and Chargers.

I hate to bring up super league but we all know it was born by the broncos fear of being weakened by a second and 3rd se qld side.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Diehard said:
Tell me what makes NSW foundation clubs more important than QLD foundation clubs such as Valleys? Norths aren't special :roll:

They can't be in the competition at the expense of expanion.

Norths were in the comp which has evolved into the NRL from 1908. The Valleys has not been in this comp ever. The Gold Coast Dolphens is not Valleys revisited.

AND

This is my whole point. The Bears should be back before another expansion team.

Latest posts