What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast / Redcliffe Dolphins - Farce !

JW

Coach
Don't know about Canberra but the Gold Coast and Newcastle figures are about right.

Gold Coast gained a tonne of people when they merged with Albert.

Quite right. The Gold Coast did gain plenty. Infact, that figure for the Coast is pretty much spot on. The Canberra figure is pretty close to the mark aswell, but the Newy figure is way off. Lake Mac alone is up around 190,000 at the moment. Newcastle's figure is hard to gaugue accurately but the common figure given for the total of the city in its entirety is around 470-500,000 and when adding the Hunter region altogther (incl. Port, Uppper Hunter, etc) it comes to 650,000. Singleton up in the Valley is even listed on that site as only at 12,000 when it is actually around 22,000. There are plenty of innacuracies, but oh well, its pretty difficult to find a site that is accurate with these sorts of things.

As for the debate about Redcliffe, instead of using the existing Dolphins Club as the next possible bid for a Qld NRL team after the Gold Coast, at the rate at which the Sunshine Coast is growing and expanding towads Brisbane, Redcliffe could possibly be the base for a Sunshine Coast club encompassing the whole region. At the very least it could give the area reason to identify with the team instead of just a locality such as Redcliffe itself. By that time we would have teams representing North Queensland, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. At least that would be heading in a positive direction for Qld representation in the comp.

Cheers.

Coaster

Bench
Some of you people make me laugh.

Redcliff have about as much chance as changing the GC bid's Logo as Wynum Seagulls did changing Tweed Head Seagulls, and they play in the SAME comp.

There is no simlarities between the 2 clubs except the type of animal used.

As far as Redcliff wanting to join the NRL, what a joke. They are the Roosters feeder club, and have as much chance as the Toowoomba Clydes making a NRL bid in the future.

For the few that dislike the fact GC dolphins, are similar to the Miami dolphins. you are right
both citys have a Miami
both citys have a Gold coast
both are located on the beach
both have a sea world
both will have a Dolphin as there logo

But i never heard any uproar from Brisbane Broncos supporters with there afiliation with the Denver Broncos :?

Get your head around it!!
GC dolphins will be diving into the NRL very soon

t-ba

Post Whore
As I said, the site is an international one. It's probably used old definitions of what certain 'cities' where for alot of it. That's Why Sydney and Melbourne aren't the size they are commonly listed as in Oz!

Kingytek

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
nospam49 once again displays that what he/she knows about football could be written on the head of a match-stick :roll:

When they announced themselves as The Dolphins, the shafting of Redcliffe was the first thing I thought about too.

I just hope these Coasties who are holding up the "NRL - Where's Our Team?" show more support for the NRL Club than they did for the Chargers/Giants/Seagulls, Brisbane Bears, Gold Coast Rollers, Daikyo Dolphins, and so on...

Cheers,
Ben S.

hahahaha, According to this theory, then the CC Bears wont be able into get into the comp anyway. Because ONE DAY Burleigh Bears might want to enter the comp and that will be shafting them. And according to the CC Bid, they have to name their team the bears anyway!!! So, if people dont like the dolphins then too bad, it's a better option then Bears!!! Better luck in 2008

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
i'd be putting a central qld team in before a sunshine coast team
Don't think we could handle an NRL team up here. Simply don't have the population or the finances (although I do believe the CQ Comets have the highest attendances in the QRL).

Although in saying that, I wouldn't say no to a team based in Rocky. :D

FLO

Juniors
Redcliffe is further away from Brisbane than the Gold Coast is.
It takes longer to get from the northern most suburb of Brisbane to the southern most suburb of Redcliffe

Is this a gee up or are you doing a DieHard, telling lies to back up your opinion?
Brisbane and redcliffe are joined by a bridge. You could walk across the hornibrook bridge in about 10 minutes it wouldn't be more than 3 km long.
It's becoming increasingly obvious that the GC bid is not for QLD or QLD'ers. It's for new south zealanders and other assorted turn coats and vermin who desert or can't fit in at thier own home towns clubs . Keep the club of lost souls out of QLD.

Moffo

Referee
curious said:
Some of you people make me laugh.

Redcliff have about as much chance as changing the GC bid's Logo as Wynum Seagulls did changing Tweed Head Seagulls, and they play in the SAME comp.

There is no simlarities between the 2 clubs except the type of animal used.

As far as Redcliff wanting to join the NRL, what a joke. They are the Roosters feeder club, and have as much chance as the Toowoomba Clydes making a NRL bid in the future.

For the few that dislike the fact GC dolphins, are similar to the Miami dolphins. you are right
both citys have a Miami
both citys have a Gold coast
both are located on the beach
both have a sea world
both will have a Dolphin as there logo

But i never heard any uproar from Brisbane Broncos supporters with there afiliation with the Denver Broncos :?

Get your head around it!!
GC dolphins will be diving into the NRL very soon

Good post and quite clever, work to the forums. Please stay, we need more signs of intelligence :lol:

Razor

Coach
Brisbane and redcliffe are joined by a bridge. You could walk across the hornibrook bridge in about 10 minutes it wouldn't be more than 3 km long.

You leave Brisbane, you walk into Pine Rivers before hitting Redcliffe.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the GC bid is not for QLD or QLD'ers. It's for new south zealanders and other assorted turn coats and vermin who desert or can't fit in at thier own home towns clubs . Keep the club of lost souls out of QLD.

What do you know. Another Broncos fan who is opposed to the GC because they know what will happen with the support base.

Sydney has 4 teams - Souths, Roosters, Sharks, Dragons plus Parramatta, Wests, Bulldogs & Penrith close to Sydney.

t-ba

Post Whore
FLO sounds more like a Bitter Wests Brisbane Fan.

Maybe if your club could organize its finances it'd still be around :roll: . It's not our fault your club didn't get over the chook raffle mentality.

Oh, thanks for Unleashing John Ribot upon the world to...

miccle

Bench
Razor said:

Look I'm just going to put this simply. I live in what could be close to regarded as the northern most suburb of Brisbane, just about 2 minutes away from the start of the Pine Rivers Shire. If I got in my car right about now, I'd be at Dolphin Oval in 30 mins, traffic pending. I would be at Carrarra Stadium in around an hour and a half, traffic pending. Easy as that.

Moffo

Referee
Razor said:

What do you know. Another Broncos fan who is opposed to the GC because they know what will happen with the support base.

Sydney has 4 teams - Souths, Roosters, Sharks, Dragons plus Parramatta, Wests, Bulldogs & Penrith close to Sydney.

How can you say that? Sharks are a fair distance from Sydney, the Bulldogs would be roughly the same distance from the city as them. Wests have a leagues club at Ashfield and a home ground @ Leichhardt...which is 5 minutes from Sydney

Even Parramatta is not exactly that far away from Sydney. And wehre does Manly fit in to this?

Cheers,
Moffo

Razor

Coach
If I got in my car right about now, I'd be at Dolphin Oval in 30 mins, traffic pending. I would be at Carrarra Stadium in around an hour and a half, traffic pending. Easy as that.

Yes because you live at the North of Brisbane.

Re-read what I said

From the northern most surburb of Brisbane to the Southern most suburb of Redcliffe is further than the southern most suburb of Brisbane to the Nothern most surburb of the Gold Coast.

Razor

Coach
Also Suncorp Stadium is in the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane at Milton so putting a team to the South is the best thing to do anyway.

To the South of Brisbane

Logan - more people than Pine Rivers
Gold Coast - more people than Redcliffe
Logan/Gold Coast Combined - more Pine Rivers/Redcliffe combined

So for those saying Redcliffe deserves entry more than Gold Coast only have to look at the population of the 2 areas. Then look and see than Broncos are in the Northern Suburbs. It's clear cut which area should get a team first.

Pigskin

Juniors
holy crap you dribble on Razor

you should stick to bagging everything North of the border like you normally do .... cause you know bugger all about it geographically

Oink !

Razor

Coach
you should stick to bagging everything North of the border like you normally do .... cause you know bugger all about it geographically

Southern most suburb of Brisbane is Rochedale. Northern most suburb of the Gold Coast is Eagleby. 5 minutes drive along the freeway between the 2 if there is no hold ups.

If you actually think Redcliffe to Brisbane is closer than 5 minutes, then you're the one who doesn't know.

I live north of the border moron.

I don't bag everything. I just don't support the Broncos agenda by wanting everything for themselves.

miccle

Bench
If you really think it would take people longer to get from Redcliffe to Suncorp Stadium than those living down the coast....

Pffft why am I even wasting my time? Sheesh, stick Wellington and the CC coast in years before the sunny coast. There's no need for a Pine Rivers/Redcliffe side at all.

Razor

Coach
If you really think it would take people longer to get from Redcliffe to Suncorp Stadium than those living down the coast..

Where did I say that? I sai the Gold Coast is closer to Brisbane, than Redcliffe is, never mentioned the stadium.

From the northern most surburb of Brisbane to the Southern most suburb of Redcliffe is further than the southern most suburb of Brisbane to the Nothern most surburb of the Gold Coast.

I said that when people said Redcliffe should be a 2nd Brisbane team. It shouldn't be called Brisbane because it's too far away.

There's no need for a Pine Rivers/Redcliffe side at all.

That's what I'm saying. These people saying Redcliffe should be in before the Gold Coast are nuts, and not thinking.

Read the threads, I've said many times that the population isn't big enough.

Please read what I write, and get into the right people - PigSkin etc. But hey there your follow Broncos fans right?

I cant believe people are even thinking about bringing in another Queensland team. I mean how much harm have these bastards already done to us?

'Queensland needs another footy team blah blah' Well f**k them just like they f**ked us. Time to take care of our own, time to be selfish… It's the Super League way!

North Sydney Bears – 1908 to 2004. They've got as much right as Souths to get back into a comp that they were unfairly excluded from. BRING THEM BACK!!!

Latest posts