What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden point victory!!!

glossydoll

Juniors
I was so nervous but the Mighty Dragons showed their inner strength. Well done boys, I will dream tonight of many more to come!!!!!:)

mickeylane

Bench
7/10 performance...great win..Newcastle have a long way to go ..nothings changed there it will take Bennett one season to change their bad habits!!

dragon_around

Juniors
This Steve Price is grown from man to dragon: he has wings, he's more than a creeping thing.

Shakespear, CORIOLANUS (V.iv.11-14)

Minh

First Grade
Our attack looked really good at times tonight under the conditions there's already alot more second phase play. We are only gonna get better from here.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Great effort boys. Sure there were plenty of sloppy moments and dumb plays (Fien's kick out on the full, scott's pass from the scrum on the 1st tackle????), but to win despite that shows the steel the team has to grind out a victory. We will only get better from here. Fien's clangers certainly changed the game negatively for us and as soon as King is ready, I would have him on the bench in Fien's place. Prior could use some super glue but they do target him when he fires up and the Newie boys dropped their fair share too, so he wasn't out of place there. Chase or Vidot to centre soon too, scott back to the forwards. But overall very happy with the win.

TheRev

Coach
Was a good win, the forward domination was great, and Sowies goalkicking was spot on, makes me think he may have worked on it in off-season, yum!

Only change needed is Scott out of centres, I mentioned this last week, but he stifles our attack too much, especially when we were starting to look strong on the right side.

j0nesy

Bench
Nightingale had a blinder. The bloke has no fear and leaves nothing out there. Good effort from the lads, I was also very impressed with De Belin, Rein and Lattimore.

Stagger Lee

Bench
We won! I'm drunk and here is a good pic thanks to ABC

3863446-3x4-340x453.jpg

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Not wanting to throw cold water on things, I'm stoked. But why did we stuff around so much with only a few minutes to go. Had a couple of good opportunities to nail the game before golden point. Seems ridiculous to try anything fancy, especially in wet conditions when a field goal is there for the begging. I thought we got out of jail in the end, though we deserved to win.

Minh

First Grade
Credit must go to Steve Price too, I can already see that he has put his stamp on our team already with some enterprising play, without much compromise to ball handling and defense.

PeterMudgee

Juniors
Mitch Rein was the stand out
Our plays were more structured when he
was guiding us around.
Jamie Soward was the new Darius on the left side attack.
A great 1st up hitout

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Always been a fan of Mitch Rein. Nothing against Fien who has been a great asset, but Rein just has the speed from dummy half.

TheRev

Coach
Id almost be ready to try Rein + King as a combo, it did feel quite lackluster with Fein out there, as much as I love his wealth of experience. We can always get him back in if it doesnt work out.

Latest posts