What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good luck for tomorrow, Parra

miccle

Bench
Thought I'd stop in and wish your boys luck (but not too much) tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking likely to head down for the day and it should be a brilliant atmosphere (as it always is when our two teams play down there).

Feelin much better about it now that we are both definitely in the finals as I'm not overly confident about our chances, but IMO it will be a bell-ringer of a match.

A Brisbane, Parra or Warriors premiership would be tops out of all the teams in the top eight, so hopefully your boys find a bit of form tomorrow (but only enough to get beaten by a few points) ahead of the next few weeks.

If I go, I'll be meeting up with the Sydney Broncos Army to try and make a bit of noise. Can't wait for it, and don't hesitate to come and have a beer with or near us before/after the game :)

Broncos by 2!

Good on you mate...always keenly contested battles and this one even moreso with both sides wanting to take a bit of form into the finals now that the 8 is decided.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I never know whether to like or hate Brisbane fans. I think the diehards are great but theres plenty that support them due to their 6 premierships anyways good luck to both teams.

miccle

Bench
^^ Trust me, mate, we have PLENTY of shocking fans as well as the good ones. Unfortunately, a lot of Brisbane fans can be horribly arrogant.

But the crew I sit with in Brissie and those who I watch games with when I fly off to Sydney for the weekend (once or twice a year) are all tops - diehards who have followed the team for many years and are good sports, win or lose.

A lot of people complain about Parra fans - but I've been down there twice to watch Brisbane play and have encountered nothing but good-natured banter!

I'm hoping third time lucky for us this year for the end of season Broncos clash.

Last year not so good going down 25-0.

The year before, even though we won and secured the minor prem, I think losing Hindmarsh was the beginning of the end.

Suitman

Post Whore
miccle said:
A lot of people complain about Parra fans - but I've been down there twice to watch Brisbane play and have encountered nothing but good-natured banter!

Like any club, we have a minority of knobs.

Thanks for the well wishes, and I hope you get your arses kicked. ;-)

Suity

Dutchy

Immortal
It would be great if Parra finished 7th. Atmosphere would be electric.

You guys can be Judas'd for the third time this season. ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
Dutchy said:
It would be great if Parra finished 7th. Atmosphere would be electric.

You guys can be Judas'd for the third time this season. ;-)

I stand corrected.
There is A club with a MAJORITY of knobs. :lol:

Suity

Dutchy

Immortal
lol

But seriously. I would rather play Parra than Dogs, Souths or Broncs just for the atmosphere. More rivalry passion between the two clubs.

Suitman

Post Whore
Dutchy said:
lol

But seriously. I would rather play Parra than Dogs, Souths or Broncs just for the atmosphere. More rivalry passion between the two clubs.

Agreed!!

Boy-ly vs Parra would be much better than the others.

Suity

JW

Coach
Yeah, best of luck tomorrow lads.

Hoping to see a good, hard finals-like contest which i'm sure it will be.

miccle

Bench
And the luck was totally not needed! I didn't end up heading down for the day, and I'm bloody glad I didn't shell out the airfare for it to tell you the truth.

Naturally, I'm freaking gutted but I'm going to waste no space lamenting on our performance.

Fact is, Parramatta were absolutely friggin SENSATIONAL! I don't care whether our boys could have been better, particularly after the solid start... because there's no way any team in the comp could have beaten yas today imo.

Well done Eels, that was a supreme display of attacking rugby league and I simply have to salute you on it. Of course I'll be cheering my boys on next week against the Storm, but we'll (likely) be out of the race after that and I genuinely wish your fellas well. Hope Parra or the Warriors get the prize if we bow out (should be a cracker of a match between those two next week!).

So again Parra fans, WELL DONE - and I hope I've at least showed y'all that not all Broncos fans are arrogant twats.

Best of luck in the semis, but I don't think you'll need it!

Eelectrica

Referee
Cheers Miccle, Just one of those days for you guys.
Best of luck to you next week. Both teams - us and the Broncos need to realise next week is a whole new ball game, and everything starts from scratch.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
miccle said:
^^ Trust me, mate, we have PLENTY of shocking fans as well as the good ones. Unfortunately, a lot of Brisbane fans can be horribly arrogant.

But the crew I sit with in Brissie and those who I watch games with when I fly off to Sydney for the weekend (once or twice a year) are all tops - diehards who have followed the team for many years and are good sports, win or lose.

My brother comes under one of those arrogant supporters, I personally call him something else.
But today I got my own back, I was listening to the game on the radio, then started watching the game on the telly when it started on 9. The score was 16-6 to the Bronco's and I received a text on my mobile from my brother saying Let's go Broncos, Let's go. The score at that time was 60-22.
So being the loving sister I am I went back and said yet where r they going? He came back and said 16-6 Broncos winning.
I went back and said sorry I forgot to put in my last text the score was 60-22 Parra's way and they have just gone in again. Never heard back from him after that.
And to think I wasn't even going to rub his nose, but he started it so I finished it.

JW

Coach
Congrats lads.

Very, very well played after the first 20 minutes. Was pretty hard to swallow watching it unfold whilst sitting next my old man who's a Parra tragic, but I must admit it was the kind of attacking display that we don't get treated to all that often these days.

Unfortunately for us we couldn't even make it a contest, but alas, we were gone weeks ago and this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Really hard to follow the Eels form. Absolutely woeful one week, unbeatable the next. Today's attacking form was the kind of stuff that will blow Manly and Melbourne to peices and something which only one or two other sides in the 8 are capable of for mine. Put it together over the next 4 weeks and anything could happen.

Best of luck to your blokes against the ram rooters next week.

Cheers.

sportsmad

Juniors
so typical of parra, i'm just about to give up on any chance of making an impression in the finals, then WHAMMO! the bloody harlem globetrotters run out.
so now i'm on the edge for next week.......globetrotters or misfits? :crazy: