What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Sponsorship for Knights

Perth Red

Post Whore
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=21627

Good deal for the Knights. In Perth the Eagles are sponsored by Hungry Jack's and you can't go into a HJ's in the State without seeing Eagles stuff everywhere. it is massive free advertising for them and they often run comps for tickets, mascot for the day etc through the food outlets. Hopefully Knights are doing something similiar.

Link ups like this can provide real profile raising for the sport if we get it right and use it to its full potential.

Had to smile at the bit about "healthy and active lifestyle", yeh Maccas is going to help with that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederick

Staff member
Apparently we're going to be announcing a sponsorship with Coca-Cola in the coming days too

Tom Shines

First Grade
Somewhere, Owen Craigie is wishing this happened 10 years earlier.

But yeah, good news for the Knights.
Owen Craigie's career went downhill when they took the McDonald's logos off the balls... He used to think he was catching a Big Mac meal.

MsStorm

Bench
Enormous effort by the Knights to get these 2 big sponsors on board.

I can just picture the waistbands of Knights supporters expanding a bit over the next couple of years.

bobmar28

Bench
This is good news. I always thought Hungry Jacks was hitching a free ride on rugby league with their sideline signage at E A stadium, while pouring millions into AFL.

Last edited:

maccattack

Juniors
[Today’s announcement kicks off a deal that will see McDonald’s become Official Food Partner from the 2010 season.]

Isn't that false advertising or something? Can McDonalds really be classed as Food?

LMFAO @ that pic of Kurtis handing happy meals to fat women.

It's funny cos he actually should be doing that for a living instead of masquerading as a footballer.

nqcowboy87

Bench
its interesting t`hat since like 2004 where the world has become more diet conscious that the knights who where previously sponsored by subway would now become sponsored by the big mac itself

Lambretta

First Grade
[Today’s announcement kicks off a deal that will see McDonald’s become Official Food Partner from the 2010 season.]

Isn't that false advertising or something? Can McDonalds really be classed as Food?

You're the one that's named after Macca's - you tell us :p

Actually, with their healthy options etc - McDonalds are actually less unhealthy than KFC or Hungry Jacks etc.

I had one of those chicken wraps in there the other week and it was about what I expected it to be (poor but not absolutely god bloody awful)

Had it been toasted - it could even have been classed as alright

Scarves

Juniors
Maccas gets a bad wrap, it's the way people eat that makes them fat. Well done Knights.... and tell them to bring back the McFeast (I'm boycotting their stores til they do).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bad wrap? They don't sell anything healthy like a wrap do they? :)

It's a bit like saying drug dealers get a bad wrap, after all it's addicts that are shooting up!