What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodwin debuts for Raiders!

raider_at_heart

Juniors
CFMEU Canberra Raiders Coach Neil Henry has made mass changes to the Raiders line-up for this weekends clash against the Rabbitohs at Telstra Stadium, with seven new faces added to the team that went down 46-30 against Manly last weekend.
Bronx Goodwin is set to make his first grade debut on Saturday night after being named on the wing for the Green Machine, while David Milne makes his return to first grade after spending most of 2006 in Premier League.
Raiders Pivot Todd Carney comes back into the side at halfback, with Terry Campese holding his position in the side at five-eighth.
Scott Logan returns to the front row after spending two weeks on the side line with a neck injury, while Matt Bickerstaff plays his first NRL game for the club after a successful return in the Premier League last weekend.
Michael Weyman also returns after a week in Premier League to the Raiders bench, while Glen Turner has been named 18th man, recovering from a hamstring injury.
Josh Miller and Troy Thompson have been shifted back to the bench after they both started against Manly, while Michael Dobson, Ryan Hinchcliffe, and Trevor Thurling have been moved back to Premier League.Ben Jones is out this week after suffering concussion against Manly, but should be available for the Raiders when they take on the Dragons in round 11.
CANBERRA RAIDERS V SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
TELSTRA STADIUM, SATURDAY MAY 12, 7.30pm
1 WILLIAM ZILLMAN
2 DAVID MILNE
3 MARSHALL CHALK
4 ADRIAN PURTELL
5 BRONX GOODWIN
6 TERRY CAMPESE
7 TODD CARNEY
8 DANE TILSE
9 LINCOLN WITHERS
10 SCOTT LOGAN
11 NEVILLE COSTIGAN
12 MATT BICKERSTAFF
13 ALAN TONGUE (c)
14 JOSH MILLER
15 TROY THOMPSON
16 TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
17 MICHAEL WEYMAN
18 GLEN TURNER

thickos

First Grade
Dobson can feel extremely unlucky IMO. Glad to see the wingers get shaken up a bit though, at least Henry can bite the bullet.

Seems like Thommo got punished for a below-average game too.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Feel sorry for Thurling and Dobson but apart from that I am delighted with the make up of the side. Dobson does have some defence issues but I am sure he will be back shortly. There was always going to a forward or two miss out and this time it is Thurling.

Looking forward to seeing Goodwin and Mile in action out wide. Zillman, Goodwin and the pace of Milne could be very dangerous, pity Graham is not there as well.

Macko8

Juniors
Good looking side imo.

Added Logan and Bickerstaff back to the line-up, great experienced forwards.

Im a bit lost on the dobson saga though....i thought he was one of our best on sunday.

IMO i would of dropped chalk and moved campese into the centres, making room for dobson for christs sake.

Campese did very little at 5/8 the other day, he should of been moved to centre.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Surpised at Dobbo missing out, but Campese had to be in there somewhere.

Interisting that the report makes no mention of Best dropping back to PL.....he should be playing park footy after his form this year.........

raider_at_heart

Juniors
This can go two ways:

1. the players go up a gear and fire up playing out of their skins or

2. take it badly and start feeling sorry for themselves and play worse.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
umm.. dobson being dropped to premier league.. what a crock... him and carney where going solid.. what is he thinking... !!!!!! must be his tactic for souths or something... better work!!!

thickos

First Grade
always a raider said:
Dropping Dobbo will be a great help with his contract negotiations. :roll:

First thing I thought too, could have serious ramifications.

Still, you can't keep guys in firsts just because you want to keep them happy at the negotiating table... but he can feel very very harshly done by IMO.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
always a raider said:
Dropping Dobbo will be a great help with his contract negotiations. :roll:

i know its off topic, but when is he signed til? I thought we had him for a couple of years yet?

greentongue

Juniors
Good to see Bronx there, he was great on the weekend in premier league. I'm the same as everyone else on Dobson, very surprised.

Macko8

Juniors
The raiders have got massive problems if they are going to let mick dobson sign with another club.

His one of our priorities to sign imo.

The Horse

Juniors
you'd have to guess there was a problem, he was very good against the panthers a week ago and not too bad against manly on sunday could be theres an injury problem but i fear the worst