What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon/Barba/Holmes

Weaponhead

Coach
wow

poor journalist with nothing to write decides to use the stats from 2 games to construct a story supporting waffly speculation

Spot on. What a flimsy piece of analysis.

Bird is making a massive difference to the right side attack. He creates chances. The left side is workman like but not that threatening.

Barba is still tentative. He is not linking well yet but is worth persevering with.

Beale is the forum scapegoat for now. We always need one. He made some poor reads last night but is a good link between Bird and Holmes. He can actually catch and pass which we haven't seen in a centre in years.

Card Shark

Immortal
Barba is settling in nicely imo.

Takes time.

Give him some dry weather & judge him then.

I'm tipping he will be our wildcard as the weeks progress.

Pommez

Juniors
I dont understand the beale hate I think both our centre's are playing great beale has quick hands he doesn't have to beat the defender every time he just needs to draw and pass and he is doing that just fine holmes is always in space

Craigshark

First Grade
The other to the wing. Leave Holmes at fullback for the whole game. He's a class above both at the moment. He did score a good wingers try today though.

carcharias

Immortal
I thought Holmes was as good if not better ( than when he was at fullback ) when on the wing today.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Watching the game today it felt like there was a wall of black shirts everywhere we turned.

We missed GAL + FI FI x2 smashing a little gap in that wall to open space for the backs.

One major observation though was Michael Gordon adds more value on the field than off.

His rotation with Holmes is excellent and he should not be subbed for Barba.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
We were always going to be busted and tired today. Yet we see the same team trundled out, including the wasted, weird Barba/Gordon spot. We needed four forwards on the bench today. The experiment needs to end. It failed Shane.

Since 73

First Grade
This is Flanno trying to playing Bellamys.

That's the game where you try to be a smart coach.

From dunce to Einstein in one leap. Unfortunately you can't jump that high Shane.

Holmes at the kickoff and then flash in the first 80 metres and then Holmes in their 20 and then Holmes from the drop out and then flash from the kickoff and Holmes at the scrum and then flash in our 80....

And then - barba comes on and it it starts again.

Storm has slater at 1 and he plays there the whole game.
He trains there for attack, defence. High balls and low balls.
Cronk knows where he is and where he will be.
All game.

As Reynolds does with Inglis.

Pearce with Shrek.

Get over yourself Flanno and end this ridiculous confusing game.

3 fullbacks in one team.

FMD.

Last edited:
IMO after being out there today.......Barba needs to gain his confidence in Reserves
He added nothing today - except mistakes...and kept another forward off the bench
To be fair, I don't think it would have made much difference
It seemed like it was going to be an easy win after the 1st couple of trys, and the team changed into 'auto pilot'
Luke Lewis for the test team - that's gotta be a joke

tye

Juniors
IMO after being out there today.......Barba needs to gain his confidence in Reserves
He added nothing today - except mistakes...and kept another forward off the bench
To be fair, I don't think it would have made much difference
It seemed like it was going to be an easy win after the 1st couple of trys, and the team changed into 'auto pilot'
Luke Lewis for the test team - that's gotta be a joke

Who's forward spot did he take today? Which forward is killing it for the jets?

Inferno

Coach
Fair point, but if he continues to be picked he will eventually take the spot of a more deserving forward.

On today's form Prior and Heigno should still be there. It's only a matter of time before both Fifitas and Gallen are back.

Latest posts