What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon/Barba/Holmes

u4er

Juniors
Barba at this stage should be playing something like wing or centre. He's lacking the confidence to play fullback or 5/8 and has been for several seasons now. Ever since his off field problems he has been a shadow of his former self. He needs to spend some time out wide scoring tries without having to think too much to get his self esteem back where it needs to be for him to perform at the levels he's capable of.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Barba at this stage should be playing something like wing or centre. He's lacking the confidence to play fullback or 5/8 and has been for several seasons now. Ever since his off field problems he has been a shadow of his former self. He needs to spend some time out wide scoring tries without having to think too much to get his self esteem back where it needs to be for him to perform at the levels he's capable of.

Interesting comment. I would definitely consider wing. Centre is just too pressured, and I think he's too small. Remember, Preston did really well for us on the wing, even though he ended up in a more key role at other clubs...

island pro

Juniors
Interesting comment. I would definitely consider wing. Centre is just too pressured, and I think he's too small. Remember, Preston did really well for us on the wing, even though he ended up in a more key role at other clubs...

And in his Dally M year at our club! Preston was good, but Lang's vision made him.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Lot of ball playing in that vid. Makes one wonder why he can't make a fist of playing 5/8.

Card Shark

Immortal
Lot of ball playing in that vid. Makes one wonder why he can't make a fist of playing 5/8.

Let's face it, he was hardly given a chance & the team played shit as a whole whilst he was there, which made it that much harder to settle in.

I really don't know what to do with him. He's a champion player at his best but his best seems miles away.

I think he's important to our success but how the hell do we instill confidence in him, so he plays his best?

You let him carve up NSW cup for a while

The concern in putting him in NSW cup, re has players around him like Gardner & Ayshford who are playing like they shouldnt even be in NSW cup.

I thought at first putting him in NSW cup would work not sure now, its Warriors next again a team where he could thrive against if played correctly.

By that Flanno bites the bullet plays Barba/Holmes as wing fullback combo and rests Gordon.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The concern in putting him in NSW cup, re has players around him like Gardner & Ayshford who are playing like they shouldnt even be in NSW cup.

I thought at first putting him in NSW cup would work not sure now, its Warriors next again a team where he could thrive against if played correctly.

By that Flanno bites the bullet plays Barba/Holmes as wing fullback combo and rests Gordon.

Gardner? The fullback for the NSW resident's team?

island pro

Juniors
His trademark in that vid was raw acceleration. It was what created 90% of those tries. Does he have it anymore? If not, he can't score like that anymore.

Since 73

First Grade
A lot of his breaks in that vid show he is tackled low by one player but then just kicks free.
Must have good leg strength

The Popper

Bench
I'd like to see Flash move in closer to the action. He's a quality player and extra involvement could help the team.

Weaponhead

Coach
Sure does.

Where has it all gone?

Has he lost it in his legs or in his head?

He needs to see that video every game before he runs out!

Biggest issue is the head for mine. Doesn't look confident at all. Talks like someone who doesn't think he still has it.

The raw acceleration has gone as well. Still fairly sharp but he was lightning.

Inferno

Coach
I'd like to see more of this guy:

CostlyWeeklyKite.gif

Latest posts