What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis - Top mate

ellskimore

Juniors
I know Ashton cops a lot of shit from opposition fans but geez he has played well this year and you could tell at the end interview he was hurting and extremely emotional. He would bleed for my club and all of us are eternally grateful for his input and passion for our club. I am more sad we are losing him than his hot head brother.

What a year he has had! I've never really been a fan of Ashton. Always saw him as too much aggression not enough sense. Not this year though. Maybe those captain opportunities refined the way he plays. He certainly played like a leader this year. A shame to see him go now.

innsaneink

Referee
Im sure Ashton Sims said emotionally, "I'll probably break down when I see my wife and kids" to which tallis replied "OK mate go and enjoy it"

Maroon4life

Juniors
Like Tallis had a choice of whether he wanted to do it or not.

Remember that next time your boss tells you to do your job.

eozsmiles

Bench
JT talks to the camera before and after virtually every match. It would be unusual if he hadn't last night. And what we got what one of those raw and emotional post match chats that fans usually want. It was the most controversial finish to a big match this year and fans generally want to be close to that stuff.

Tallis was the problem, and it is part that he is a goose and part that he is an amateur. The producer might have been feeding him lines but only because Gordie is a doofus, anyone with half a brain knew what was going to be asked. It was just the clumsiness that Tallis did it with and the half a smirk and the hand on the back.....a bit gross.

eozsmiles

Bench
Like Tallis had a choice of whether he wanted to do it or not.

Remember that next time your boss tells you to do your job.

You're spot on, of course he didn't have a choice. The problem was his inexperience or misunderstanding of the job. They probably thought that being a mate of JT's he was a softer option to ask the questions. It was clumsy.

Last edited:
I know Ashton cops a lot of shit from opposition fans but geez he has played well this year and you could tell at the end interview he was hurting and extremely emotional. He would bleed for my club and all of us are eternally grateful for his input and passion for our club. I am more sad we are losing him than his hot head brother.

X2.
I used to grimace everytime he came on as you knew he would do something foolish & cost us.
But this yr he has channelled all that BS into playing hard aggressive footy & was a leader .
I would keep him over Aussie Jim any day.

JW

Coach
I used to grimace everytime he came on as you knew he would do something foolish & cost us.

Haha, I know what you mean. Unfortunately for us Broncos faithful we got stung with the worst one of his career against Melbourne.

But he was very impressive this year. Played good footy, grew in confidence and absolutely ripped in for the Cows right until the very end. Plenty of kudos to the bloke, he deserves it.

Slug

Juniors
Tallis has the IQ of a mushroom. And looks like one. Fittler is a disgrace to the game. Westie born,would be if he could be, pisshead. What commentator says "we" all game. Knob gobbler he is.

thorson1987

Coach
Haha, I know what you mean. Unfortunately for us Broncos faithful we got stung with the worst one of his career against Melbourne.

But he was very impressive this year. Played good footy, grew in confidence and absolutely ripped in for the Cows right until the very end. Plenty of kudos to the bloke, he deserves it.

Just go straight to 2:10

[youtube]Lh6xEHj_Zh4[/youtube]

boonboon

Juniors
All those complaining - do you realise that Gordon talked to JT off camera first and said don't say anything you are going to regret, etc - You idiots all assume that what you see is absolutely everything that is said

Walpole

Juniors
Tallis is neither trained in journalism or use of the English language. He is a useless individual who channel nine trot out as a straight shooting, supposed hard man of the game though in reality he's a powder puff who happily gives up his mates for a fat pay cheque.

Fittler's giggling, "I'm a moron of the people" has also worn thin. Why either of these clowns is allowed anywhere near what is supposed to a be a professional sports coverage is a mystery. There actually have been intelligent people to play NRL but unfortunately way too few have been employed as commentators.

beave

Coach
X2.
But this yr he has channelled all that BS into playing hard aggressive footy & was a leader .
I would keep him over Aussie Jim any day.

I am sure the club is regretting throwing the sort of cash at the big Easter Island statue motherf**ker that they did, his performances for the last few years have been deplorable. Im gonna go out on a limb here but we were 100% better when that lazy f**k got subbed off last night, he has as much punch as Julian Cleary at a pub brawl.

Latest posts