What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis - Top mate

Canard

Immortal
All those complaining - do you realise that Gordon talked to JT off camera first and said don't say anything you are going to regret, etc - You idiots all assume that what you see is absolutely everything that is said

And you know this how?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
All those complaining - do you realise that Gordon talked to JT off camera first and said don't say anything you are going to regret, etc - You idiots all assume that what you see is absolutely everything that is said

Do you have any evidence of this whatsoever ?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Tallis claimed he said that off air, whilst the triple m team swooned over him and his 'great interview". What a load of shit.

Tallis - "Hey JT. It's been 12 seconds since the game finished. We are about to go on air don't say anything stupid."
JT - "yeah sure Gordy, not a problem."
Tallis - "ok we are on. Three years in a row that's happened. How does that make you feel?"

Absolute germ.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
I know Ashton cops a lot of shit from opposition fans but geez he has played well this year and you could tell at the end interview he was hurting and extremely emotional. He would bleed for my club and all of us are eternally grateful for his input and passion for our club. I am more sad we are losing him than his hot head brother.

Yep can't argue, he's been very good.

Valheru

Coach
Did anyone listen to Triple M yesterday arvo. Gordy went on a rant about the refs again and refused to admit the last play was a knock on. When everyone called in and the others in the studio showed him video he relented and then focused on the strip/knock on. Someone in the studio brought up the grid iron pass leading up to the 2nd cowboys try and he said "yeah but that happens every week".

Absolute moron.

eozsmiles

Bench

What's your point? Gordie knew what he was going to ask, JT knew what was coming, the audience knew. Every player in the comp gets media training every year. JT would have sat through 20 seminars when somebody says "don't say stupid things when a microphone is present". If Gordie in fact said it, it is rather condescending towards JT.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
Gordie's rawness, amateur performances, and inability to think of others is usually what endears him to his fans.

juanfarkall

Coach
On the Offsiders this morning, John Stanley alluded to the weak human being and his interview with JT.
The "old mates" rule stops anyone else in the media from saying anything

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
What a year he has had! I've never really been a fan of Ashton. Always saw him as too much aggression not enough sense. Not this year though. Maybe those captain opportunities refined the way he plays. He certainly played like a leader this year. A shame to see him go now.

I agree, it is a shame to see him go. He used to be good for a dumb mistake or 3 but has really stood up this year. Even though he gets pinged for a lot of high shots, I don't think he is a dirty player. He is just like JWH and wants to be the leader of the pack and not take a backward step. Hope somehow the Cows can find away to stop him going to England.

TimmyB

Juniors
Agree entirely with OP. Tallis holds himself out as the last bastion of virtue and then pulls bullshit like this. First thing I notice when it watched the interview. Obviously the producer prefers incendiary comments to sympathetic comments, and obviously Gordy prefers a paycheque to being a good bloke. That's fine, but I wish he'd cut the gentle giant man of the world bullshit. It's the same shroud Matt Johns cloaked himself in for all those years.