What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta feel sorry for kelly.

Harold Holt

Juniors
Kellys lack lustre performances in the earlier rounds I think perfectly highlights the incompetency of the coaching staff and their inability to nurture young talent.
Lets remember that he is the first cousin of the best player in the game, Greg Inglis (did you catch the test last night? what a freak.) Two very different players yes but the foundation is the same. i.e obvious flair and natural athleticism. Inglis was developed and nurtured by the storm but I reckon if he was unlucky like kelly to have started off with the sharks theres a good chance he'd be a neville just like his ill fated cousin. Conversely if kelly been brought up by the storm or the dragons or even bided his time at parra he'd probably be in the fore front of most highlight reels in the years to come. My advice to kelly is to get the hell out of there asap or your carreer could be over before it starts.
Im a fan of the sharks and I cant uderstand the bleeding hearts out there that say "dont get rid of Ricky, its not his fault", Whose fault is it then? The only games Cronulla has won in two seasons were against teams that were playing well below par(the parra and newcastlwe wins in particilar). Can anyone remember a time when they beat a side that was playing well.? The players need motivation and confidence and rick has failed again and again to deliver both.

jackal

Juniors
Comparing Kelly to Inglis no matter how other than they reside in the same country is farcical.

millersnose

Post Whore
just on kelly i really do like the look of him with some broken field with the ball

a shame he was out of position and a shame the coach stupidly painted himself into a corner with silly press comments and kept him there until it was untenable

jackal

Juniors
Has been good, MR M.

It's great watching his unpredictability on his feet with ball in front - one-on-one he wins most times.

jackal

Juniors
No.

Haven't seen him play centre but have seen him play FB.

I like what i see at 5/8.

jackal

Juniors
Yes. He would be a different player even in NRL at this position, not as nakedly exposed as FB.

Off the back of Barretts current form its worth trialing for sure.

I wouldn't mind Baz at lock as opposed to centre to add to our attack on the fringe and steer Gal more up the middle third than outside the fringe. He only cramps the backs when he darts diagonally and its not as though he is putting the backs thorugh holes anyway.

millersnose

Post Whore
hmm

i noticed you also joined me in a frank look at our most sacred cow

i think he has been playing solo for a couple of years now and should be harnessed into team and game plan with his ability to offload

jackal

Juniors
Yes. I think he is a special talent that is being allowed to do what he thinks is best for the team, or more so, what comes natural to him.

3 out of 5 games he really stands out. I believe he would stand out 5 out of 5 games if given a deliberate game plan with accompanying runners.

The downside is do we have the players capable of executing the complimentary game plan that would suit.....? Maybe not.

We dont utilise Gallen to the full compliment. I think we would have seen that had it not been for the sh*t conditions last night.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
hmm

i think he has been playing solo for a couple of years now and should be harnessed into team and game plan with his ability to offload

I like it milly.

DJDL

First Grade
Yes. He would be a different player even in NRL at this position, not as nakedly exposed as FB.

Off the back of Barretts current form its worth trialing for sure.

I wouldn't mind Baz at lock as opposed to centre to add to our attack on the fringe and steer Gal more up the middle third than outside the fringe. He only cramps the backs when he darts diagonally and its not as though he is putting the backs thorugh holes anyway.

Agreed on that, and Toops to the bench.

Originally Posted by millersnose
hmm

I like it milly.

Of course you do, you coined it didn't you? :D

Quigs

Immortal
I still have not given up on Kelly.

Sheeze he is still only a kid.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Stagger eel

Staff member
And signing Kelly would've done wonders for their cap rorting.

Pity their wasn't a knock 9 months before your birth.

:lol:...you f**ken pedo's are the same..

anyway, the kids career is ruined unless he gets out of your club, pity you can't handle the truth.