1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by corvettedragon, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

Hey OKB not so sure on the condom theory as at least they still give you protection & some form of pleasure.
    This review will give us f**k all protection from the bald knob & zero pleasure. LOL!!

2. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Juniors

In a corporate sense this is like a CEO who has been in charge of a company for 6 years and which has not made a profit or paid dividends for 6 years telling the board that he is going get a mate to undertake a review of the company operations, but not his role in running the company, to see what can be improved. The board is derelict in its duty by allowing the employee to set the terms of reference, which does not include a review of his own performance...this is like the inmates running the asylum

3. Saint Angelo

Saint Angelo Juniors

Exactly this !!!

Mary is just getting the Media on-board so oncethe so called "Review" is over and the club confirms that Mary will still be the coach next year, the Media (i.e. CH9, Gus & Co) won't blast us in the press.

The thing that aggravates me the most is this talk that the club hasn't got enough money to pay him out ($1.2M).
    So what happens after Round 8 next year if we are 1 from 8 ? Will the club have enough money then to pay him out?

Or maybe the club thinks that an extra 2000 members will sign-up following the "Review" when in fact 4000 existing members will NOT RENEW their membership because the club has stuck with McFailure for 2020.

4. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

But there is no need for a review of Mary because he is his own harshest critic!- CEO BJ said the same thing when interviewed on Talkin Sport. Mary obviously has skills in mass hypnosis as no media types apart from Buzz Rothfield are blowing up about the self serving drivel that flows from his mouth.

5. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Yep I agree Buzz Rothfield knows exactely whats wrong with our current set up but you watch every time he raises the issue re Our Imposter he gets howled down or talked over the top of......as Ive stated on here add nauseam it astounds me the latitude our imposter is allowed over and over and over....simply defies belief tbh

6. draco

draco Juniors

[​IMG]

Come on Gus. Really?

You said Ivan was too tired and in need of a rest and Anthony would never take Penrith to a Grand Final victory. So, indeed you took the hard line.

Oh and please know this is not "just a review" to us fans. Everything is riding on the outcome/decisions that are going to be made.

Just search deep inside yourself and find the way to have that "hard conversation" with Mary, you know, like a "father to son".

Where in any real world does an NRL coach with this record get a chance to "come back as a rookie and start all over again" irrespective of work ethic and simply being a good bloke. None. You know that.

Like I said. Have the conversation. There is no doubt that you will be doing both Paul McGregor and us a huge favour.

P.S. Thanks, in advance.

7. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

Some people have faith in Gould and he is articulate and convincing but the evidence at Penrith would seem to suggest that he gets a lot wrong- his flawed judgement calls on the quality of coaches and players in particular have cost the Panthers millions of dollars in payouts.

He's backing Mary which is about as rookie an error you can make and I
    wouldn't be surprised if he's offered the role of SGI Director of Football Operations- or similar title- to complete the disaster.

8. Albert Rosenfeld

Albert Rosenfeld Bench

The big question is: what position does Gus Gould want Tony Gigot to play in?

redVinme and 18to87 like this.
  9. Tuddy

Tuddy Juniors

Clearly if the guy read this forum he would know that he is well and truly not his harshest critic.

10. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

Welcome back monsieur.

Humbling that you’ve chosen to grace our club's forum with your presence.

Please, show these upstarts how it’s done.

11. since77

since77 Juniors

You win the award for both the truest and funniest post of the day.

Tuddy likes this.
  12. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

The only conclusion that can be drawn- what confirms it for me is that none of the really good coaches (Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson) were ever linked with Penrith- despite the club being one of the most wealthy and resource rich clubs in the NRL.

R&WTILLIDIE likes this.
  13. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

Not my words, but kind of seems appropriate.

In the beginning there is a review.

And then come the Assumptions and Plan.

And the Assumptions and Plan were without form.

And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.

And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh."

And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."

And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertiliser, and none may abide its strength."

And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."

And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."

And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."

And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.

And the Plan became Policy.

This is How Shit Happens.

Dragsters likes this.
  14. possm

possm Coach

Either nothing will happen just like nothing has happened over the last 6 years or, Dean Young will be appointed as interim coach and then extended for 3 years at season's end.

Of course funds are available, they just need to be added to the SGI budget by the share holders.

I am now convinced the approval by St George for WIN to be our partner was the biggest mistake made since 1999 when we partnered with the Illawarra club.

Qapm and Coffs dragon like this.
  15. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Hope so....
    That'll teach'm
    I am personally, fed up with this shit, being dished up week after week...
    This is not, & has been for a long time, the St George organization I want to be associated with. They are a group of fraudulent parasites, self serving
    imposters.
    I personally will not be
    Rejoining this once proud Club.

Tuddy, BankstownDragon and hazzbeen like this.
  16. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

This review will be like a room renovation....YOU CAN WALLPAPER OVER THE CRACKS BUT THEY'RE STILL THERE

hazzbeen and Coffs dragon like this.
  17. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

Apparently Gould is not reviewing the coach so god help us that whoever is reviewing the coach is recommending a new coach. We can only hope.

If Gould is looking at the retention I am sure he will give it a pass as the squad is great and the only players that should be cut are the 2 centres.

18. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

19. hewi

hewi Juniors

20. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

The man has a lot of Donald Trump in him , perhaps he would make a good politician ?