What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

FlameThrower

Bench
The first extension was hard to believe. especially the timing.
That decision was further shown up by the results of 2016 which I thought were every bit as bad as 2019.
Especially in light of the 2019 results, the second extension becomes incomprehensible!
Johnston has egg all over his face and the club has no hope of a quick recovery from this disaster.
Is it incompetence, negligence or just misguided loyalty?
If it's loyalty to McGregor, then I wish the club and Johnston would show some loyalty and respect to the fans that have had to endure this mess.
I think the inner sanctum have their priorities mixed up and while they remain largely unaccountable for their actions, they will continue to relegate fans as a priority in their decision making.
Dumbest decision ever by the Club..fans will now vote with their feet and wallets- membership to decline and crowds will shrink - but that’s Ok according to the Board.

Wittenberg

Juniors
What is the email address of someone on the Board or JOHNSTON? I need to vent. I am going to sendb an email every day until the release of the review’s findings ( Gus has already told us them)! The emails won’t be read but they need to be reminded constantly of our dissatisfaction and how we will follow our team but not our Club. No RedV membership for me.

hazzbeen

Bench
What is the email address of someone on the Board or JOHNSTON? I need to vent. I am going to sendb an email every day until the release of the review’s findings ( Gus has already told us them)! The emails won’t be read but they need to be reminded constantly of our dissatisfaction and how we will follow our team but not our Club. No RedV membership for me.
When you find BJ email leave a link to it and lets all bombard him with emails ....

SEAT 1A

Bench
“When teams don’t finish in the top eight and you finish in the bottom eight, your review’s a lot deeper. Last year we had a review but it was done internally.

Yet again, he tries to justify his coaching ability.

Bottom eight is true however, he flat out refuses to accept that team that he coached came second last.

A lot deeper review, without reviewing the head coach, pull the other one.

hazzbeen

Bench
Yet again, he tries to justify his coaching ability.

Bottom eight is true however, he flat out refuses to accept that team that he coached came second last.

A lot deeper review, without reviewing the head coach, pull the other one.
Mate the more I think of it , how could the coach survives, the more it does my head in .... The whole place reeks it's infested.... We will not win anything with him coaching , he does hold records for all the wrong reasons,but our clowns see him taking us into the future ( more like the Twilight Zone ) next year will be another wasted year , where the club is left behind again....

Dragon Revival

Juniors
All Mc Gregor may have learnt is that if
De Belin and Widdop are out you do not replace them with journeymen who are not up to NRL standard. Given that the CC Team were
Minor Premiers he should have had plenty of depth.

mickeylane

Bench

Last edited:
Mate the more I think of it , how could the coach survives, the more it does my head in .... The whole place reeks it's infested.... We will not win anything with him coaching , he does hold records for all the wrong reasons,but our clowns see him taking us into the future ( more like the Twilight Zone ) next year will be another wasted year , where the club is left behind again....

Hey we might win the wooden spoon probably be favourites next year

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Monday Buzz: Phil Gould’s not the man to fix Dragons mess

There is poor communication here and a mixed message going out to disgruntled supporters. Last week CEO Brian Johnston said McGregor’s future was part of the review. Gus says it’s not.

This club is stumbling in administration as much as it is on the field.

That’s it in a nutshell - among the obvious deficiencies with the Dragons Buzz has also pointed out just what has so many Big Red V supporters up in arms , namely false information going out to the fans in the hope of pacifying them .

1. - B.J. said that he was not happy with where the team had finished this season and as a result could no longer guarantee McGregors position .

2 . - A full review of both players and coaching staff would commence at seasons end .

And then comes the watered down version of what he really meant.

1. - McGregor himself asked Phil Gould to take part in the review .

2. - Gould coming out and saying that Mary won’t be part of the review process .

So in essence this is yet another attempt to smooth the waters with the disgruntled Dragon fans by implying that there is a good chance that the teams biggest stumbling block - McGregor will not be there next year only to discover that the interviewer has a soft spot for the bloke - for pity sake will it never end ?

So many of us were ecstatic at the news when it first broke , yet within the week we were left speechless at the deception of a deceitful, double dealing board .

So McGregor WILL see out his contract - make no mistake about that and as a result the Dragons will need to get comfortable at the bottom end of the NRL ladder as that is where they will be for quite some time .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
That’s it in a nutshell - among the obvious deficiencies with the Dragons Buzz has also pointed out just what has so many Big Red V supporters up in arms , namely false information going out to the fans themselves hoping to pacify them .

1. - B.J. said that he was not happy with where the team had finished this season and as a result could no longer guarantee McGregors position .

2 . - A full review of both players and coaching staff would commence at seasons end .

And then comes the watered down version of what he really means -

1. - McGregor himself asked Phil Gould to take part in the review .

2. - Gould coming out and saying that Mary won’t be part of the review process .

So in essence this is yet another attempt to smooth the waters with the disgruntled Dragon fans by implying that there is a good chance that the teams biggest stumbling block - McGregor will not be there next year .

So many of us were ecstatic at the news when it first broke , yet within the week we were left speechless at the double dealing of our clever board .

So McGregor WILL see out his contract - make no mistake about that and the Dragons will need to get comfortable at the very bottom of the NRL ladder as that is where they will be for quite some time .
Yeah its pretty depressing.
Well I think its time to switch off, there is no happy ending here or any point dwelling on it.
What do they say? Only worry about the things you can control? We sure has hell have no control over this one. Cancel memberships, don't go to games, boycott sponsors if you like but you will just be wasting energy. The media are already onto them and that's the only way change will come about, media pressure.
Enjoy the summer of cricket.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yeah its pretty depressing.
Well I think its time to switch off, there is no happy ending here or any point dwelling on it.
What do they say? Only worry about the things you can control? We sure has hell have no control over this one. Cancel memberships, don't go to games, boycott sponsors if you like but you will just be wasting energy. The media are already onto them and that's the only way change will come about, media pressure.
Enjoy the summer of cricket.

I intend to do just that Crush , I am just so annoyed about this that I had to have one last dig at the inadequacies of the Dragon board . But yes I will now move on from it all and concern myself with the real issues in my life , I will do as you have suggested and watch some cricket - as least we are on a winner there .

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hey we might win the wooden spoon probably be favourites next year
If the aim of our club is to morph into the Illawarra Steelers, then mission is almost complete. Steelers have 3 wooden spoons to their short & mediocre history. Mary & management look to continue & add another. They're close & meetings KPI's
(Keep Promoting Illawarra staff)

Gareth67

First Grade
Is it true that we have the lowest game attendance in the league ? If that is the case surely they are already hurting in the pocket and perhaps some board members are correlating it to the poor performance and attributing it to the coach , surely ?

If it is indeed true then the Dragon hierarchy had better get of their collective asses and go claim the trophy , as it will surely be the last bit of silverware that the J.V. will ever have in their cabinet.

Latest posts