What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gower wants out

Caged Panther

First Grade
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
If he does sign with Melbourne wouldnt the Panthers still be paying him, eg Brett Firman style

except for the fact that he is asking for a release from penrith so it's unlikely they'd be obligated to pay him anything.

Fabio

Juniors
One thing to remember...Penrith has to agree to let him go (if this is at all true). If they did, do you think they would allow him to go to a rival NRL club? We all watched when Souths released Chris Walker and he went to the Roosters.

If the reports are true, I say decline his request and let him play in Premier League.

Big Mick

Referee
If Gower wants to be a little bitch let him go....if he decides to go to Melbourne then he'd be one of a series of little bitches down there....Kidwell, Walker, Crocker, Cross....list is endless.

Daza_06

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
If Gower wants to be a little bitch let him go....if he decides to go to Melbourne then he'd be one of a series of little bitches down there....Kidwell, Walker, Crocker, Cross....list is endless.

yeah i was thinking the same with the Melbourne side i wouldnt call them what u have but those players u have named do have quality just as Gower does. Less publicty down there so he would fit in well. What do u Melbourne fans think if he goes down to the Storm

Surandy

Bench
innsaneink said:
Melbourne must be desperate if theyre prepared to bring in a player at this stage of the season, a player in THE key position.

Who said Storm are interested? Craig Bellamy? Brian Waldron?

Until I hear something from the Melbourne Storm I'll put it down to wild rumours.

Daza_06

Juniors
Surandy said:

Until I hear something from the Melbourne Storm I'll put it down to wild rumours.

never thought of that, i actually dont think they would be interested

PJ

First Grade
There was a bloke on the deadset legends about 3 weeks ago who said Gower would leave the Panthers before the season starts and head to the UK.

LESStar58

Referee
I only caught the end of Weidlers report, did he say something like ''Melbourne would be prepared to sign Gower'' if he were released.?

I thought he'd taken the "release" clause outta his contract when he signed on mid 2003?

I will keep an eye on the Melbourne press and media in the next couple of days...I'd love to have him here but I can't beleive he wants out. Its a damn shame! He;'s a premieship captain FFS. At the same time it'd be a shame for Cronk and AUbusson to get shafted at Storm to make way for him. It's kinda a double edged sword for me....I want a recognised half but also want to see my young halfback candidates get a run. And how many more years of footy do ya suppose he has left in him?

Maybe he'll go to Salford? The Reds were pretty keen on buying him at once stage IIRC...

Fabio

Juniors
From the Penrith Media Manager:
"..Craig's manager, Greg Willets, had a meeting today with Mick Leary. They discussed "personal issues". No request was made for a release.

Earlier in the week, Greg was very open in the media, saying that he did not approve of the way the club had handled the issue. No doubt he reiterated that today."

So reading that, this reaks of media beatup....yet again!

innsaneink said:
Melbourne must be desperate if theyre prepared to bring in a player at this stage of the season, a player in THE key position.
Melbourne being a smart operating club know that every preseason some northern stars and their club have a falling out.

It's just the Storm was hoping a top Front Rower would have been the player to be picked up cheap.

:sch:

Big Mick © said:
:lol: true.....

If I only could get 'em to play for the CRL Storm :lol:

Daza_06 said:
yeah i was thinking the same with the Melbourne side i wouldnt call them what u have but those players u have named do have quality just as Gower does. Less publicty down there so he would fit in well. What do u Melbourne fans think if he goes down to the Storm
Dunno I reckon Cronk is the man for HB. Definately the team player.

When Gower first started playing he could of been anything. :D
Remember when he first started captaining the Panthers? How many games on the trott did they lose till they won one????? I reckon that says something.

Iafeta

Referee
Fabio said:
From the Penrith Media Manager:
"..Craig's manager, Greg Willets, had a meeting today with Mick Leary. They discussed "personal issues". No request was made for a release.

Earlier in the week, Greg was very open in the media, saying that he did not approve of the way the club had handled the issue. No doubt he reiterated that today."

So reading that, this reaks of media beatup....yet again!

You can't necessarily believe club Media Manager's are as true of the gospel of the bible.

Case, 2004 when the Warriors went sh!thouse:-

1. Stacey Jones denies rumour he wants out. Confirmed in his book he had asked for a release and was about to sign for Wigan.
  2. Jones and Daniel Anderson, no problem between them, according to the Warriors. Stacey's book, he took exception to Anderson calling him 'gutless'.
  3. Mick Watson announced rugby league was the #1 priority of Cullen Sports. Leaked video footage of meeting with him, board chairman, and the IRB discussing the Pascifika rugby idea where Mick says he's happy to have union as the number one priority.
Its called public relations, same as business, government, whomever, you don't want to come out and confirm negative stories have possibilities until all avenues have been explored to alleviate the situation.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Surandy said:

this was on foxsports:

Melbourne is unable to make Gower an offer due to anti-tampering restrictions but Storm general manager of football operations, Peter O'Sullivan, said: "If he was released or given permission to negotiate, we'd be crazy not to talk to a player of his calibre."

I hope we dont sign him. good player but he is an asshole, rude, pig and whatever else you want to call him.

Latest posts