What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graeme Langlands

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Someone close to me dealt with child abuse which started at 7 and lasted into her teens and couldn't bring herself to mention the perpetrators name in public until she saw a Psychologist at age 61 - 54 years after it started. The perpetrator died 25 years ago. She was encouraged to write to victims of crime to get compensation for the counselling she was receiving. Bottom line, it doesn't surprise me that many sexual crimes are not reported until many years later as its all to do with the pain that confronting that person who was the powerful and controlling figure who destroyed your life is going to dredge up.

Generalzod

Immortal
Perhaps people should keep in mind that it is not easy to come forward, especially when it happened to you as a child. We are now reaching a point in society where people are being encouraged to come forward and are mostly offered support, so more are becoming comfortable with revealing what happened.

Can you seriously imagine coming forward in the 1980s? You would be laughed off or ignored

This is exactly right.

People calling him "poor bloke" holy shit, what an out of touch forum this can be.
I don’t think people are calling him a poor bloke I think people are aware of the seriousness of the issue to me the problem is will he get a fair trail considering what’s going on with his health issues. Also say the accusations are false the stigma that he is a Pedo remain.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Perhaps people should keep in mind that it is not easy to come forward, especially when it happened to you as a child. We are now reaching a point in society where people are being encouraged to come forward and are mostly offered support, so more are becoming comfortable with revealing what happened.

Can you seriously imagine coming forward in the 1980s? You would be laughed off or ignored

This is exactly right.

People calling him "poor bloke" holy shit, what an out of touch forum this can be.

Yes, there are two sides to every story.
Both sides may be or may not have been unfairly treated, time will tell.

Hopefully, the real truth comes out.
There is nothing wrong in voicing a favourable opinion toward Chang.

We know him as a club & NRL legend and think fondly of him and he is totally innocent until proven otherwise.
We do not know who is pressing charges at this time, so we can make no further comments towards that person / persons.

Last edited:

Saintsified

Bench
So, for you: gays are evil, but child molestation gets a free pass?

You could be president of the united states.
Don't be a dickhead, dickhead. If he did it he can rot in hell, I just don't believe it, who's next, Paul Hogan?

possm

Coach
I've got 5 children; 4 of adult age now. I'd hate to learn anyone interfered with anyone of them. And yes I'm also a Dragons life long supporter who's favourite players included Langlands, Smith, Raper and the Magic Dragon amongst many great Dragons players.

I just wish that these type of accusations were kept secret and the trials kept undercover until a verdict is reached. There is too much pain and suffering for both parties during the course of a trial. Once the courts have made a decision, then if the accusation is found to be true, the punishment should be savvier and the prison term and public shame should be to the max. But until then there is nothing to be gained by dragging either party through the media hype.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Certainly a sad and distressing situation for both parties & let the justice system run its course. It seems much faith has been lost in the Church and now possibly a Saints Immortal. Not a good look as I ponder the song from R.E.M Losing my Religion.:thumbsdown:

possm

Coach
Certainly a sad and distressing situation for both parties & let the justice system run its course. It seems much faith has been lost in the Church and now possibly a Saints Immortal. Not a good look as I ponder the song from R.E.M Losing my Religion.:thumbsdown:
Yes there has been a lot of trust issues raised and that is a good thing, now maybe religious organisations will change rules and become more sensitive and accountable. But it should always be noted the it is the minority that bring this upon society. In the church it is mainly homosexual paedophiles who caused the problem and secular minded people in power who dug deep to expose it. These paedophiles sought to join these church organisations hiding under the cover of celibacy and non-married status. The secular minded people used the situation to denigrate religion. I wonder why the stats showing the majority of paedophiles are of homosexual habits is not published anywhere in the media.

I myself was educated in catholic schools and never once came across any paedophile activity. I witnessed a genuine and enthusiastic effort by teachers and priests to deliver the very best instruction and care. I condemn those who brought churches and religion into disrepute and hope they are punished to the full force of the law.

It will be very interesting to see how zealous these same investigators, reporters. law makers and law enforcement officers are when it comes to investigating paedophilia activity in their own industry/community/workplace and non-religious groups. I am certain that wherever supreme power exists, the same problem will be exposed. Just look and see what is happening within the entertainment industry and within the political sphere today.

Finally, I look forward to a close examination of the activity of female ladder climbers who climbed their career ladder with the assistance of sexual advances/activity/favours. Yes, this will be a very interesting comparison but I will not hold my breath waiting for this probe.

grouch

First Grade
I agree SO many false accusations these days.....its true
Oh really. How many? Do you have some facts or statistics you'd like to provide to back this up?

Because the stats I've seen suggest the figure of false sexual assault allegations is around 2%. Is that "SO many"? And that figure includes when the victim chooses to simply withdraw allegations, perhaps because they don't want to put themselves through the process.

St Georgio

Juniors
The Daily Telegraph is a very very shallow paper, splashing his face with the Red V, the guy has got dementia the weak preying on the weak, this whole saga is a great hypocrisy, in its true essence.
The Dragons should take legal action against this paper, it is personal matter not a St George Illawarra Dragons matter!

gregstar

Referee
If true, he’s a dirty, filthy, low life, pervert.

If not true, he might either continue to receive his rightful respect or his reputation will still be unduly stained.

If true, she might finally get some sort of comfort.

If not true, she’ll either be an opportunistic gold digger, or she’ll forever wear the scars of an injustice.

It’s a particularly sh*tty situation. As all of these situations are.

Old Timer

Coach
The Daily Telegraph is a very very shallow paper, splashing his face with the Red V, the guy has got dementia the weak preying on the weak, this whole saga is a great hypocrisy, in its true essence.
The Dragons should take legal action against this paper, it is personal matter not a St George Illawarra Dragons matter!
Perfectly put re the paper and allegations
Like the news today former Dragons Star "range Chase" on drug charges.
FMD how long since he was at our club, did he do drugs whilst here, if he was a star (lol) he'd still be here so he is hardly ours or our problem.
They love sticking it to the Big Red V.

grouch

First Grade
That Phil Rothfield should be up for assault as he f.cking gives it to the Dragons club and fans.
Perfectly put re the paper and allegations
Like the news today former Dragons Star "range Chase" on drug charges.
FMD how long since he was at our club, did he do drugs whilst here, if he was a star (lol) he'd still be here so he is hardly ours or our problem.
They love sticking it to the Big Red V.
So true guys. The Dragons are the real victim here

ffs

possm

Coach
So true guys. The Dragons are the real victim here

ffs
You're right! So Doust should fall on his sword and resign, followed by all the Board members, the Coaching staff and the rest of the management staff.