What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graham Lowe

Rich102

Staff member
Sad new that he is having to resign due to ill health.
All the best Lowie.

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, sad, but not really unexpected. Lowey has his share of haters on this and other sites, but those of us who know him, do know that Graham Lowe the man is a bloody good man.

About three years ago we sent off his best mate (Bobby Hall). I just hope that Lowey is not next.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, sad, but not really unexpected. Lowey has his share of haters on this and other sites, but those of us who know him, do know that Graham Lowe the man is a bloody good man.

About three years ago we sent off his best mate (Bobby Hall). I just hope that Lowey is not next.

Four & a half. Time flies.
"League: Cancer claims former coach Bob Hall

5:00 AM Friday Dec 8, 2006
Former New Zealand Rugby League coaching director Bob Hall has died in Auckland after a long battle with cancer. He was 67.
Hall became NZRL coaching director in 1985 and quit in 1994 for a recruitment and development role with the Warriors. He returned to the Warriors in 1999 after two seasons with the North Queensland Cowboys.
Over the years Hall was responsible for the identification and mentoring of many coaches and players in New Zealand and Australia"
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10414379

Skinner

Coach
Four & a half. Time flies.
"League: Cancer claims former coach Bob Hall

5:00 AM Friday Dec 8, 2006
Former New Zealand Rugby League coaching director Bob Hall has died in Auckland after a long battle with cancer. He was 67.
Hall became NZRL coaching director in 1985 and quit in 1994 for a recruitment and development role with the Warriors. He returned to the Warriors in 1999 after two seasons with the North Queensland Cowboys.
Over the years Hall was responsible for the identification and mentoring of many coaches and players in New Zealand and Australia"
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10414379

Oh man it does fly, I almost said two but then I realised we have been here over two now

Judd

Juniors
NZ league owes a lot to Lowe...not least the attitude that the ozzies are not invincible and that barriers are there to be broken (a Kiwi can coach a SOS and win it to boot). Have a good break Lowey...you deserve it mate.

Iafeta

Referee
All the best to Lowey. I'd like to see more Kiwi coaches reach NRL level, Lowey certainly showed them it was possible to be successful. Always enjoyed the two Graeme's in commentary for the Warriors, Hughsey was seeennnssssaaaattttiiooonnaal.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As I understand it his health issues are serious but not terminal if managed correctly (he's had ongoing problems for years with blood clots hasn't he?).
Lowe's always stuck me as our version of Phil Gould- a talented coach, outspoken and not afraid to make enemies or put his foot in his mouth occasionally, but genuinely passionate about Rugby League. All the best to him and I wish him a long and well deserved retirement.

Micistm

Bench
Was very sad to hear Lowie has got yet more serious Health problems, feel for him and his family. He has two young boys I understand.
Yeah I've had some issues with some of his actions when he was in Warriors & Kiwi League admin, but that doesn't take away the fact he's a passionate Leaguie and top bloke, and I wish him all the best for a full recovery and many years watching League.