What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final 2007 - MELBOURNE def Manly 34-8 @ ANZ - NO PREMIERS*

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Garts said:
Yoy guys certainly got a good one in Groom, bastards. Thats a couple of juniors you have pinched from us in recent years, how has Daniel Harrison been going for you?

Anyway back to topic, I am getting so pumped for Sunday but also very f**king nervous. Going to need a few beers and bundys to settle the nerves before the game.

I'm nervous too, Garts. But cannot wait!

Spike

First Grade
I don't care for either side but I hope Melbourne lose simply so it means they've lost it twice in a row. The sunken hearts of their supporters are then easy pickings for us others who like to put the boot in while they're down.

Butters

Bench
Melbourne 25-6 with Cronk to slot a field goal when leading at 18-6 and Inglis to seal the deal with a 40m effort. :pray:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sounds like what Parra did to the Dogs two weeks back :?

Timmah

Staff member
Anyone got a prediction on the crowd?

I'll go about 80-81k.

Timmah

Staff member
THE STAT SHEET - 2007 GRAND FINAL

Melbourne Storm
Finished 1st

Scored - 693 points (including 125 tries) at an average of 26.7 per game
Conceded - 287 points (including 49 tries) at an average of 11 per game

Completions - 75%
Averages - 315 tackles per game, 1426m gained per game, 9 errors per game, 5.5 line breaks per game.
Goalkicking - 71%

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Finished 2nd

Scored - 655 points (including 115 tries) at an average of 25.2 per game
Conceded - 389 points (including 64 tries) at an average of 15 per game

Completions - 74%
Averages - 283 tackles per game, 1424m gained per game, 8.4 errors per game, 5.6 line breaks per game.
Goalkicking - 75%

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall - 10 matches, 5-all
Never met at Telstra Stadium
Never met in Grand Final

Last five clashes
MWSE 13 Melbourne 12 at Brookvale, 2007
Melbourne 30 MWSE 20 at Olympic, MWSE 34 Melbourne 12 at Brookvale, 2006
MWSE 25 Melbourne 18 at Brookvale, 2005
MWSE 30 Melbourne 28 at Brookvale, 2004

Biggest wins
Melbourne 40 MWSE 10 at Olympic, 2003
MWSE 34 Melbourne 12 at Brookvale, 2006

Current winning streak 2007
Melbourne 7 wins, MWSE 3 wins

MISSING FROM GRAND FINAL DAY
Melbourne's Antonio Kaufusi (knee), Manly's George Rose (leg) and Shayne Dunley (knee).

LITTLE FACTS
- If Melbourne win, they'll become only the third team since McIntyre System was introduced in 1999 to win from the minor premier's spot.
- Luke Williamson's 200th first grade game
- Israel Folau is the first ever Melbourne player to score 20 or more tries.
- Melbourne have not beaten Manly in Sydney since 1999.
- 13 of Melbourne's side have Grand Final experience - compared to just two for Manly. Those two are Steve Menzies (95-97, winning in 1996) and Jamie Lyon (2001 with the Eels, a loss).

All this courtesy of Big League Magazine.

Garts

Bench
Thanks for the stats Timmah.

All are pretty close although did not realise we had conceded 100 points more than them. Must have blown out over the last month.

Downie

Guest Moderator
The Storm haven't won more than 7 in a row this year also. So they're due for a loss ;-)

Garts

Bench
Just drove down to Warringah Mall to get the mrs a shirt for tomorrow, im forcing her wear Manly stuff. Good atmosphere down there, jumpers and shirts everywhere, flags on cars from Cremorne all the way down. I cant f**king wait, feel like getting on the piss now.

Timmah

Staff member
gong_eagle said:
yeah but there will be tickets not sold on ebay, there still a lot there and some members may not show etc

Last years crowd was 79,600 from memory - two out of town teams - if you think a Sydney team will only bring about 300 more people through the gates... well...

#-o

Garts said:
Just drove down to Warringah Mall to get the mrs a shirt for tomorrow, im forcing her wear Manly stuff. Good atmosphere down there, jumpers and shirts everywhere, flags on cars from Cremorne all the way down. I cant f**king wait, feel like getting on the piss now.

Drink up mate...so you are forcing the Mrs to jump on the bandwagon ??.;-)

Garts

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Drink up mate...so you are forcing the Mrs to jump on the bandwagon ??.;-)

Yup, otherwise I told her I wont be at the alter later this year ;-) If she supported you guys it would still be a step up for her though, she is a Newcastle supporter. Although if you guys win it tomorrow the Storm may take their place.

CharlieF

Juniors
Timmah said:
Last years crowd was 79,600 from memory - two out of town teams - if you think a Sydney team will only bring about 300 more people through the gates... well...

#-o

So its a Sydney team now?????? Very convenient. Its a Sydney team if you are a Manly supporter. For all other non-Manly supporters, its Manly (not Sydney)and they are excused from supporting them. Amazing how you can always find a way to hate Manly more.

Can I say to a Sydneysider "Its a Sydney Team" when someone says they won't support Manly in the GF????

Also, last year nobody had an opportunity to sell their GF ticket back to the NRL. All those fair weather RL supporters had an easy out, and anybody that sold their tickets back and has the gaul to come on here and say how badly supported the GF is a hypocrite of the highest order.

The above is not directed at any individual. It is a general statement.

circling eagle

Juniors
Am feeling strangly calm, 95, 96 & 97 I was on edge before the game, mainly cause we were the best team all year, but still had another game to win. This year I think we can do it, but dont feel we have anywhere near the pressure on us we did in those 3 years..... GO MANLY :)

effnic

Bench
woodyk2 said:
Hurry up Sunday.
Im actually really enjoying this week dont really want it to hurry up too much. Im just loving the fact that all these poor poor manly haters on this site have to open up a Daily telegraph and just see it full of maroon and white with the mighty eagles all over nearly half the papers. Keep it going i say ;-). I still cant believe this will be my first gf experience ever and i get to watch it sitting next to Steve Mortimer, Lockyer and Tallis. Win or lose shall be the best day of my life apoligise to my kids being born which has bumped down to second place.

Latest posts