What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand final halves- who's better ?

Who are the better halves ?

• The Manly halves

Votes: 63 61.8%
  • The Warrior halves.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • DCE is better than Johnson, but Maloney is better than Foran

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Foran is better than Maloney, but Johnson is better than DCE

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters

shiznit

Coach
interesting that people are saying that DCE has a better kicking game than Johnson???

Shaun Johnson has the best kicking game ive seen in a kid so young. When he was in the 20's his all round kicking game was so far ahead of anyone i had ever seen since the inception of the NYC competition.

Johnson has only come into the Warriors half way through the season because he was crook at the beginning of the year.

were only now just starting to see him kick the ball more... once he gets more games at this level we will see the fruits of his kicking game.

both long and short...

Lego_Man

First Grade
Manly halves.

Maloney/Johnson will develop fantastically together if they can both be kept though. Bloody hard to keep a good 6 AND 7.

(Warriors fan)

nz eagle

Juniors
I think at the moment the Manly halves are better by a decent margin.

I think Johnson in two years will be the best out of the 4.

I want to know how Kearney is going to fit all 3 players into the NZ team, Foran, Johnson and Marshall?

I would probably play one of them at dummy half but which one? Johnson? imagine his speed and stepping running from dummy half.

Maloney is a NSWelshman?
Yeah imagine Benji and Johnson on the same team! There'd be side-steps and flick passes all over the joint.Though Foran could possibly compliment either since he plays a more structured game and is and will likely continue to be more consistent.

I was taking the piss about Kris Keating, I didn't want to tease Soward because some of the dragons supporters would have had a hissy fit.

Also maybe they could throw Foran in at lock ? I don't know how his defence is, but he could become an extra ball player.

Maloney is STILL being underrated.. He has outplayed Soward Pearce and Mullen this year. Only aussie 5/8 better has been Locky and James should go on the england tour.

I was thinking they would most likely put crank as half back and push JT into five eight if Locky doesn't play.

Totally agree, Shaun Johnson has a bit of the Benji magic in him. When it comes off it looks great.

Do you remember in 2009 when they had that game between the tigers and eels where hayne and benji were on fire. To the point, the winning try in the game the other day where johnson weaved his magic to put the centre in, well that reminded me of the marshal magic in the tigers V eels game where he humiliated the defence.

IMO Johnson will be one of the most valuable players to rugby league in years to come.

Red Bear

Referee
I wish Foran didnt confine himself to one side of the field as he tends to.

I think Johnson could well be better than DCE but is even at present, Foran is better than Maloney but not by a whole lot.

Maloney has a great steadying influence on the Warriors side IMO

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
All I know is I wouldn't swap our halves for Manly's.

It should also be added (if it hasn't) that Maloney is an outstanding goal kicker. That kick under pressure to convert Brown's try on Sat night was so, so clutch.

If we did what we did in the second half of last weekend, it won't matter how good Manly's halves are. We didn't give the Storm a sniff. It was incredible.

loveleague

Juniors
Johnson and DCE havn't played a season yet, let's judge them end of next season. DCE as of now fits the manly side better than johnson fits the warriors. By that I mean he has a better understanding with his outsides and is a more mature player than johnson at this stage in his career. Johnson is playing within himself and will be a much better player next season with more game time and confidence. It is so hard to make comparisons as the warriors play such a different style to manly and thus the half roles differ. Four exceptional talents with so much ahead of them.

mongoose

Coach
Manly halves are better, but Johnson could be anything - thinking Benji Marshall with a better kicking game.

Johnson is defensively the weakest of the four. I'd be interested to see if he makes any improvements on that part of his game over the next few seasons.

Mader45

Juniors
Its ridiculous one of these guys will miss out being in the nz side. Cant remember who said it but i definitely agree nz should pick their best 17 players rather then best in specialty positions. Awesome that nz is competitive with us. Love tests now.

Iafeta

Referee
Picked Manly

Johnson still has quite alot of brain farts in his game.

What are the chances of the Warriors halves staying together?

Such as? I think his impact in his first 15 games is quite outstanding TBH. The only game I'd say he's been poor was a game against North Queensland up in Townsville and even then he carved up with a 70 metre try untouched.

Iafeta

Referee
Johnson is defensively the weakest of the four. I'd be interested to see if he makes any improvements on that part of his game over the next few seasons.

I would be surprised if it didn't. He was far from good defensively in NYC. HE's now I think semi-decent. He also seems to have put on a bit of size in the last year or so. I used to have trepedations about him being tramped in first grade, and while he misses occasionally he's not being blown apart limb for limb. Top talent.

Latest posts