What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

JokerEel

Coach
Exactly why Parra fans were so chirpy about winning firstly a trial game, then 2 mid year games. It ain’t over till it’s over.. Sunday night proved that.
You are really dirty about losing hey..

Nothing wrong with being Chirpy when you beat the team that's favorite to win the competition.

Plus who isnt dirty about their team losing a Grand Final? I bet you were dirty in 2020?

Iamback

Coach
At first I kinda agreed with you. But then I thought about it.
A bunch of 20ylds after a huge night on the piss and 3yrs of hard work being able to finally celebrate infront of their fans.
Massive over reaction. Ffs we are all grown and mature men. Judging a group of kids from all walks of life and not even knowing what theyve come from. This is just media beat up trying to create a stir and sell papers. Kinda pathetic and lame.
Let them enjoy their moment. I'm sure they will learn from it and become more humble as they mature.

Storm were just as bad when they won, Ski googles and all. DT just hates the West going well

hybrideel

Bench
At first I kinda agreed with you. But then I thought about it.
A bunch of 20ylds after a huge night on the piss and 3yrs of hard work being able to finally celebrate infront of their fans.
Massive over reaction. Ffs we are all grown and mature men. Judging a group of kids from all walks of life and not even knowing what theyve come from. This is just media beat up trying to create a stir and sell papers. Kinda pathetic and lame.
Let them enjoy their moment. I'm sure they will learn from it and become more humble as they mature.
No that I give a crap about how they are celebrating, but at what stage do you suggest someone stops being a kid?
Cleary is 24
Luai is 25
JFH is 26
Api is 29

All of these guys are grown men, not kids

Iamback

Coach
isn't the ski goggles to stop getting a champagne cork in the eye or is there some other reason for it

Yeah, I can remember it 1st happening in 2019 when the Raptors won the NBA. So it is only a recent thing but is something for the dinosaurs to hate about now

hindy111

Post Whore
No that I give a crap about how they are celebrating, but at what stage do you suggest someone stops being a kid?
Cleary is 24
Luai is 25
JFH is 26
Api is 29

I'd say mentally and emotionally over 30 is when you're beginning to understand who you are and want to be as a person.
Maybe even 35. Goals change and the idea of fun is different. Why travelling is more exciting in your 20s. More care free and willing to take risks.
Seems to be the common age when couples who have been together a long time also split.

Chipmunk

Coach
The punters determine the odds, not the agencies
This is not actually true. This is true in a totalisator betting system, like the traditional TAB's, but the odds are put up by the betting agencies based on analysis and probability, and then adjusted as other circumstances arise. There are many circumstances that can arise, but only one of those is the level of money punters invested.

JokerEel

Coach
Cleary is 24
Luai is 25
JFH is 26
Api is 29

Mental age of all of them is probably 18.

API, guy cheated on his wife by smuggling his side hustle into the hotel during covid lockdown...

Eel2reel

Juniors
Luai, you got "slammed" for:

- being an African-American gangster wannabe (who professes to be so proud of his Pasifika heritage, and yet wants to another member of the NWA) ;

- being a grub on the field;

and

- being an immature, classless tool
And.... has really bad plucked eyebrows. Penrith isn't famous for its eyebrow technicians.... and since when can you be a gangster and have heavily plucked eyebrows? Modern world is so confusing. Sometimes i find myself wondering why Cher is on the field

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
$3.15 at kick off
Get your facts correct
More relevant is the odds days earlier. We were underdogs straight after a gutsy win over the Cowboys. Did Sportsbet think we couldn't get up for big games or did they just know Penrith had a much better team than ours?