What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Seating

OVP

Coach
I did the same thing once we lost in 2014. No f**king way was I sitting through that bunnies love in. Sold them the Sunday before the grand final to a souths fan who took his 2 sons and father.

I actually would rather everyone sell their tickets to a fan of one of the teams competing on the day. A stadium filled with neutrals is not fitting for the GF, becomes too much like the Super Bowl in the US which is basically just a golf clapping corporate affair.

LOL that made me laugh. Did they ring that f**king bell, can anyone remember ? But I would have seriously given thought to keeping them just to crash tackle the bell ringer.

some11

Referee
I'm thinking that shooting for tickets in 625 or 626 could be good - but are they too high to get the real experience?

If you can get tix in the lower half of the bay, being further back you're sort of questioning yourself "are they really that far away? who designed this piece of shit?"

txta2

Bench
I'm getting way ahead of myself on this one, I know, but if the previously unthinkable happens and the mighty Raiders win through to the Grand Final it's going to become a mad scramble to get a decent ticket. I've been to the shitty Olympic stadium once for an origin game and would rather watch on a black and white TV than sit in the far flung corners again. As such, I'm after advice on where the good angles are based on tickets that are available:

I'm thinking that shooting for tickets in 625 or 626 could be good - but are they too high to get the real experience? Alternatively is 114 or 124 close enough to the action, or is it actually a long way back?

Capture2016.jpg
Ill take those tickets off ya

Rabbits20

Immortal
I did it once, in 2013. I had a mental breakdown after we lost to Manly in the prelim so I sold them to a Roosters mate who took his grandson and they had the day of their lives.

Other than that...what's not to like seeing teams win the GF?!
I sold mine too in that year too Manly supporters.

Rabbits20

Immortal
For the 2011 GF I sat in 115-2 which was a very good view.

For the 2014 GF I sat in 146-2 which was a very good view.

I wouldn't want to be any higher than level 4 though.

But I guess as tickets will go fast just being there even on level 6 would be good as you'd witness history and if your side wins can just keep re-playing it at home.

Inferno

Coach
I can live with the price, but it's frustrating to drop that much money in such a shithole of a stadium.