What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final TV ratings slightly down

parano1a

Juniors
Yes it does.

Rugby league is on free to air all around Australia every week of the footy season.

True, though presently insomniacs and shift workers are the only demographics catered for in half of the country. Most people want to go to sleep before 2am you know.

Brutus

Referee
True, though presently insomniacs and shift workers are the only demographics catered for in half of the country. Most people want to go to sleep before 2am you know.

Just pointing out your error. I am well aware of the time these games are screened.

Facts are, RL is on FTA all around the country. The most recent RL game was live all around the country.

Molly

Juniors
There'd be 3 factors affecting the Melbourne audience:

- the Storm not there for the first time in 5 years;
- compounding this, the salary cap scandal;
- a "hangover", for want of a better word, from the AFL GF replay being on the previous day.

The Brisbane and Sydney audiences won't change much from year to year, no matter who is playing. The only real scope for improvement is the AFL states.

Rubbish.

There is one point. Melbournians are not used to seeing NRL on FTA television live. Most Melburnians would not have known 9 were showing it live. And it is not an event when 9 are in charge, they gave us 30mins prior and shut it off as soon as the siren sounds.

The one area where the AFL smash the NRL is that they didnt sell their soul to a news organisation.

NickY

Juniors
I think the fact that the game was between two Sydney teams probably kept those figures down especially in Brisbane. I think its time to change the game to a Saturday 7:30pm kickoff

Loudstrat

Coach
I am encouraged by the fact that the GF ratings are static in Sydney and Brisbane. The last thing we need is to dilute that by getting in more half hearted "Ill only watch if my team is in" wankers. Melbourne's result was poor when you consider all the efforts our code has put into Bleak City. Hopefully the AFL impacted, but we will know next year.

And for Perth Reds "The NRL are useless because they don't bombard immigrants on the plane", would you whinge if the NRL didn't fly Gallop out to every refugee boat sailing out of Java? FFS I think new immigrants would have a stack of greater priorities than deciding what the first jersey they are going to buy. Maybe they could have a giant sign on the ground when they fly in over the desert "AFL IS SH*T. WATCH NRL" That would pack 'em in!

Latest posts