What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grassroots ( junior league) keeping Nrl accountable!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Some welcome news in the Vlandys interview after last few years of grassroots funding cuts:

'We’ve developed a new organisation call Participation Australia to look after the entire country. I’m also looking at some direct funding for some of the country clubs. The NSWRL and QRL run the competitions, but they don’t fund the clubs. I want to change that. Even money for registrations, insurance, footballs and jumpers.

One of the things we’ve previously dropped the ball on is schools. We’ve put on a lot of new development officers to get the relationship back with schools..'

jpw2511

Juniors
I think your right Stallion League tag has potential if it can get a fair go in the schools.

I reckon WA’s 18 and Victoria’s 17 will grow on the back of the western force folding in WA and the storm doing well every year plus the storms membership numbers are climbing very high now resulting in more interest in the game so junior numbers should grow there..

I’d love to see some of the clubs that have folded in the Sydney area in recent times try again even it’s only a few teams they can enter it’s better than none at all.
Lol fail

Perth Red

Post Whore
2023 grassroots funding $82.8mill.

Still significantly lower than before vlandys took over when grassroots funding in 2019 was $88.3mill
adjusted for an avg 4% inflation, in real terms thats a gap for grassroots funding of $14.8million in 2023 compared to 2019.

No wonder NSWRL and QRL are taking them to court.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like life in general It's not how much you spend its how you spend it. Participation rates are up.

in 2022 there was a year-on-year growth of 0.91 per cent in club rugby league

hmmm maybe that'd be a bit more impressive without the funding cuts?

Vlad59

Juniors
in 2022 there was a year-on-year growth of 0.91 per cent in club rugby league

hmmm maybe that'd be a bit more impressive without the funding cuts?
Your ‘critical analysis’ consists of yet another whinge? Whodathunk?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
All I read is BS. If participation is up, (its great) its got not much to do with the NRL but due to the hard working volunteers at junionr club level.
Having been involved in running junior clubs and associations the NRL's junior funding is a lot more about words than $s or actions.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All I read is BS. If participation is up, (its great) its got not much to do with the NRL but due to the hard working volunteers at junionr club level.
Having been involved in running junior clubs and associations the NRL's junior funding is a lot more about words than $s or actions.
tbh thats what we hear a lot from the coalface. Weve got more rhetoric from Vlandys about how they intend to reinvigorate the grassroots, lets see if anything comes to fruition.

Vlad59

Juniors
tbh thats what we hear a lot from the coalface. Weve got more rhetoric from Vlandys about how they intend to reinvigorate the grassroots, lets see if anything comes to fruition.
The coal face? You live in Perth. What the hell would you know about the coal face. But nice play. You found another negative to feed off.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The coal face? You live in Perth. What the hell would you know about the coal face. But nice play. You found another negative to feed off.
Ok you’re just spamming every thread with your infatuation for me. You’re on ignore like your alt before you probably. Hopefully it’ll stop you Messing up every thread with comments on me, I won’t be reading them from here on.

Vlad59

Juniors
Ok you’re just spamming every thread with your infatuation for me. You’re on ignore like your alt before you probably. Hopefully it’ll stop you Messing up every thread with comments on me, I won’t be reading them from here on.
Sook

Latest posts