What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

great britain team

bartman

Immortal
I have a sneaking suspicion that with Long and Sculthorpe out, they will want Harris in? Can't see them going in with two relatively inexperienced halves, coaches/selectors aren't big on taking risks.

We might see:
6. Harris
7. McGuire
13. Sinfield
...which means Cooke doesn't fit into the picture (and he wasn't in the original plans anyway, with the squad of 40 named earlier in the year)?

Scott

Bench
If they want to be a chance they should play:

6. McGuire
7. Burrow
13. Sinfield

But we all know that Harris and Deacon will be there somewhere. Crazy!

Copa

Bench
Its Great Britain AND IRELAND. That's why Brian Carney is in the team.....

It's not just this sport they do it in...there is ahidden "W" in the ECB - England and Wales Cricket Board. look at the very small font welcoming to the Official site of the England and Wales Cricket Board on this site.. http://www.ecb.co.uk/

Fast bowler Simon Jones is Welsh.

terracesider

Juniors
bartman said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that with Long and Sculthorpe out, they will want Harris in? Can't see them going in with two relatively inexperienced halves, coaches/selectors aren't big on taking risks.

We might see:
6. Harris
7. McGuire
13. Sinfield
...which means Cooke doesn't fit into the picture (and he wasn't in the original plans anyway, with the squad of 40 named earlier in the year)?

Noble did say that the 40 was not final and anybody else in form could still force their way into the reckoning. I'm not sure we can take that seriously.

ozboy

Juniors
Sun_Down said:
Do you even follow internation league? I think not...

Quite an intelligent response there, typical pommy stuff.

Obviously you would have no idea if you think that GB have even a slight chance to beat the Kangaroos.

May I remind you the last time these two teams played the score was 44-4, with Australia set to include the likes of Johns, Gasnier, King and Bailey (all absent from last year), GB are going to get flogged and might even threaten the 64-10 scoreline the last time Johns played an international.

jed

First Grade
I'll ask the question another way ozboy, do you even pay attention to competitions outside of the NRL?

ozboy said:
with Australia set to include the likes of Johns, Gasnier, King and Bailey
So what does it say to you that Andrew Johns has made the decision that playing for Warrington is more important to him than playing for Australia?

Don't kid yourself, it's going to be a much more interesting series than in the past, I'm not expecting any team to go through undefeated this year.

ozboy

Juniors
jed said:
I'll ask the question another way ozboy, do you even pay attention to competitions outside of the NRL?

So what does it say to you that Andrew Johns has made the decision that playing for Warrington is more important to him than playing for Australia?

Don't kid yourself, it's going to be a much more interesting series than in the past, I'm not expecting any team to go through undefeated this year.

Joey Johns does the international game more good by having a stint in the north of England, than playing a test match at TS where the Australians would have put 50 up anyway.

Never has he once stated that playing for Warrington is more important than Australia, rather an oppurtunity that he will never have again to compete in the English league, with of-course the full backing of Wayne Bennett and what would have been the ARL, but then again they mean nothing these days, do they ??

As for the Tri-Nations, it will be a cake walk. Australia will go through undefeated, nd only a delusional fool, like yourself, would think that this series will be more competitive than the ones in the past.

jed

First Grade
I agree he's doing a lot of good at Warrington, I think it's possibly one of the best moves they've made by getting him in. But even if Wires don't make it to the ESL final, he's said that he'll stay in England, rather than coming home. That says a lot to me about priorities.

I'm a delusional fool ey? Australia's got a great side, but so do NZ and GB, I think it's you that's delusional if you can't see that.

To ask my question again though, do you even pay attention to competitions outside of the NRL? Without looking at the threads in here, do you know who's in the running for GB, who they play for, what position? How about who the coach is? Maybe nospam49 can help you out?

ozboy said:
Quite an intelligent response there, typical pommy stuff.

Obviously you would have no idea if you think that GB have even a slight chance to beat the Kangaroos.

May I remind you the last time these two teams played the score was 44-4, with Australia set to include the likes of Johns, Gasnier, King and Bailey (all absent from last year), GB are going to get flogged and might even threaten the 64-10 scoreline the last time Johns played an international.

who won the game before

BatiFan

Juniors
Is Eorl Crabtree a chance in anyones mind to make the GB side? Have only seen him a few times but he looks like a big raw unit that could possibly trouble the Aussies.

terracesider

Juniors
BatiFan said:
Is Eorl Crabtree a chance in anyones mind to make the GB side? Have only seen him a few times but he looks like a big raw unit that could possibly trouble the Aussies.

He's in the squad, so he must be in the frame. Crabtree is not 23 till next month so the best should be yet to come.

ozboy

Juniors
jed said:
I agree he's doing a lot of good at Warrington, I think it's possibly one of the best moves they've made by getting him in. But even if Wires don't make it to the ESL final, he's said that he'll stay in England, rather than coming home. That says a lot to me about priorities.

I'm a delusional fool ey? Australia's got a great side, but so do NZ and GB, I think it's you that's delusional if you can't see that.

To ask my question again though, do you even pay attention to competitions outside of the NRL? Without looking at the threads in here, do you know who's in the running for GB, who they play for, what position? How about who the coach is? Maybe nospam49 can help you out?

Obviously you wouldn't have a clue ?

GB good team, my a** !!

In-goal

Bench
So Australia didn't try in that game, fools.

Truth be told Australia only won 2 of it's 4 qualifiers so how do you tell me there at no chance of defeat this year.

SFW

Juniors
Bit of an update, haven't made any changes from the last time apart from the addition of Carney who is assumedly going to be picked seeing as he's been named vice-captain. I've trimmed down the squad a bit going off the last few weeks:

1. Paul Wellens (St Helens)
2. Mark Calderwood (Leeds)
3. Martin Gleeson (Warrington)
4. Keith Senior (Leeds)
5. Brian Carney (Newcastle)
6. Kevin Sinfield (Leeds)
7. Danny McGuire (Leeds)
8. Stuart Fielden (Bradford)
9. Keiron Cunningham (St Helens)
10. Adrian Morley (Sydney Roosters)
11. Jamie Peacock (Bradford) (c)
12. Danny Tickle (Wigan)
13. Paul Cooke (Hull FC)

14. Leon Pryce (Bradford) / Richard Horne (Hull FC)
15. Gareth Ellis (Leeds)
16. Danny Ward (Leeds)
17. Jamie Thackray (Hull FC)

Rest of Squad:

Leon Pryce (Bradford) / Richard Horne (Hull FC)
Paul Johnson (Bradford)
Chris Thorman (Huddersfield)
Euan Dowes (Hull FC)
Ryan Bailey (Leeds)
Lee Gilmour (St Helens)
Malcolm Alker (Salford)

On stand-by:

Back: Chev Walker (Leeds)
Forward: Eorl Crabtree (Huddersfield)

bartman

Immortal
I'm still suspicious they'll pick Harris, and Burrow might contest with Thorman if he has a memorable grand final? But the rest looks a likely squad from here.

Latest posts