What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

great dragon tries

gregstar

Referee
That was a fully blown snorter!! Got the pill in front of the scoreboard and went the distance to the sthn end. Yep, a fully blown snorter. 'They're all on their feet here at Kogarah' summed it to a tee. If I recall correctly Noely Goldthorpe was playing lock that day for Wests.

Another Walford ball-tearer was him going the distance against the Sharks at Jubilee. He blew ET away in a long distance race, possibly the same season. I remember sitting on the hill when he slipped over for 4 (was it 4??) against the dirty, filthy, sweatty Dog's who had led 2-0 before Ricky lifted the bar. I think we won 36-2.

Hail King Walford:D

Big Norm
ahh yes.

he had an awesome year in a team of chewies.

but we did provide a few upsets that season.

drongos, panfers, tiggers & guppies.

STG 002

First Grade
ahh yes.

he had an awesome year in a team of chewies.

but we did provide a few upsets that season.

drongos, panfers, tiggers & guppies.

It was a Staurday game on ABC and the next day in the tele, the headline read, " Fistfull of tries" with a picture of Walford clenching his fist. i still have the article along with a box full of others from about 87 to 94.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
alright.. who's hymie & why does he have that nickname?
You can't see the resemblance?

images
00000288_Image.jpg

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Morris' last year vs Manly at Wollongong when he ran the length of the field.

gregstar

Referee
It was a Staurday game on ABC and the next day in the tele, the headline read, " Fistfull of tries" with a picture of Walford clenching his fist. i still have the article along with a box full of others from about 87 to 94.
i remember playing pool in our rumpus room whilst watching it. dave morrow calling it. creaming his duds over the walgett flyer!

What about Bert Gordon's intercept try in the panasonic cup final of '88, handlebar moustache flapping in the wind- ah the memories. Ivan Henjak's mousetrap try at I think Jubillee circa '83 was a gem also.

gregstar

Referee
bert gordon indicates just how crap we were.

it is an insult to every other club that we won the midweek cup that season.

our '88 team may well be the crappiest dragons side ever assembled.

but yes.....that try was sweet!

_Johnsy

Referee
One that sticks in my mind, (will also be there for the fellow older bastards) Not sure of the year, may have been against Canterbury.

Johnston took a bomb on our 1/4 line, threw a cut out pass (15 - 20m) to Stevie Morris on the right wing and he was like the road runner down the sideline noothing but dust behind him. Cover trying to chase him down, & slippery scored in the corner.

A more recent one was against Brisbane @ Suncorp, Brisbane make a break, Folau kicks ahead Locky picks up 10m out rom our line & throws a loose pass, Sowie picks it up scoots away, hands off to Moz. Moz then puts on one of the best moves i have ever seen @ pace, nice little in and away then hunt has no idea what to do, we score in the corner. Brilliant try.

Last edited:

saintzrule

Juniors
Individual-wise the usual suspects: Gasnier (that Dogs try in 2006, a couple against the Tigers in 2006, one against the Roosters in 2005 at WIN), Blacklock (99 GF, Tigers 2001) and Mundine (96 prelim v Norths, 99 prelim v Cronulla)... but in honour of Benny Creagh I've gotta go with a forward...

Wayne Bartrim v Canberra 1996 finals series. From dummy half, wrong-footed the defence, skipped through the hole, massive side-step on the fullback, out-paced the covering winger to score.
Because it was finals, that really is up there, similarly the mousetrap with Brownie. So good, they banned it!

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Yeah, I was sure that Walford V. Wests try was '91. Thanks to the poster who brought up Bert Gordon's intercept!!. If you want to see a man ahead of his time, check out Albert and his SUPER tight jersey in that Panasonic Final. What a team of battlers LOL.

Big Norm

Yuly

Juniors
Chika Norton at the Cricket Ground, a prop running almost the length of the ground, towards the Paddo Hill. Wonderful day.

Latest posts