What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great night to pick your NSW side

caylo

Bench
According to the herald today this is the team:

1. Dugan
2 Morris
3. Idris
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis/young
10. Learoyd-Lars
11. Creagh
12. Lewis/bird
13. Gallen (c)

14. Ennis/young
15. Lewis/bird
16. Houston/scott
17. Merrin

That would have to be the worst spine in origin history. How Hayne, Mullen and Farah arn't near certainties is beyond me. Hayne has to be there at least on the wing, Mullen has to be one of the halves and most probably Soward the other and then finally farrah has been the only hooker to challenge Smith in the last 3-4 years. he probably should have played around 10 origins by now.

They then pick a bench with the only prop as a guy that cant even make the starting side of his own team and leave out Toleman, Mannah and Galloway who are the 3 form props in NSW.

I hope that who ever wrote this was hung over at the time because that shouldn't be close to the 17 chosen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The only issue with picking Soward, Mullen and Farah together is they are all left foot kickers

It may seem like an insignificant issue but it really limits your attacking options and is easier to defend against.

Ladmate

Bench
The only issue with picking Soward, Mullen and Farah together is they are all left foot kickers

It may seem like an insignificant issue but it really limits your attacking options and is easier to defend against.

Lockyer and Smith are left footed too. This is insignificant. You pick your best players, not some that kick right footed and some that kick left footed :crazy:.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well they do also have Thurston who is right footed too mate

Look, I'm not an idiot and I'm not saying we can't pick them all based on them all being lefties, but at this level it will be something that good coaches consider.

When there is not much between players, this certainly can and will be a consideration

Bazal

Post Whore
If that is the side, we'll get smashed. No Mannah? No Tolman? No Douglas? QLD will murder our pack and then carve us up at their leisure

Vic Mackey

Referee
The herald don't usually make statements like this unless they know what they are on about

I'd be shocked if that's not the team.

I also remember phil Gould sayin Stuart would pick Dugan at fullback on the roast last week.

Yosh

Coach
Can't say I'd be too dissapointed if Mullen misses out. As a Newcastle fan I think he'll work harder than ever to prove to everyone that he should be there. He'll definately be there next year after some WB coaching. I personally think Soward is perhaps the best half we have and Pearce is okay as well. I think Mullen's kicking game is made for Origin but I guess if he doesn't get picked, it's just not his time.

I think Hayne is a great Origin standard winger and should most DEFINATELY get the nod over BMorris... However once again I doubt choosing BMorris over Hayne will determine the outcome of the game.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Pearce isn't okay this season.

He was good for country but he still showed his 2 major weaknesses this year (his kicking game and his unimaginative last tackle plays.) NSW should not pick him on form.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dugans last line defence tonight has been nothing short of awful

He is doing little to cement a SOO berth tonight

jbl31649

Juniors
We all probably wrong anyway, but I'll support whoever they pick. If they have go like the 3 game last year I'll be happy. I just hope we pick hard pricks, because it's not flare thats going to win in Brisbane.

The dogs did some damage by softening up Locky and Hodges, hopefully Canberra, Para can do the same.

Latest posts