What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great night to pick your NSW side

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Gordon
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Farah
10. Tolman
11. Creagh
12. Heighington
13. Gallen (c)

14. Bird
15. Lewis
16. Snowden
17. TLL

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hinchy isn't a lock!

1- Dugan
2- hayne
3- gasnier
4- idris
5- uate
6- Mullen
7- Pearce
8- weyman
9- farah
10- mannah
11- gallen
12- bird
13- Lewis

14 - snowden
15- TLL
16- Heighington
17- Galloway

Massive pack and let's be real, bird and fallen on at the same time add so much to there games, include Lewis.. Pretty scary.

Big bench, no need to waste a spot for a back, most times the back only gets used in emergencies anyhow.. Rather just use the big pack to wear down the qld pack which is gonna be huge with cinoviceva and Scott along with shillington.

RHCP

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings (for lack of a better option)
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Dean Young
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen (c)
13. Greg Bird

14. Robbie Farah
15. Tim Mannah
16. Keith Galloway
17. Anthony Watmough

Gidley and TLL would both be there if fit.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Haha. If someone can say a theory for sure, then they have proved the hypothesis and then its deductive and scientific. Its not an argument. It is now a fact.

Nothing in the humanities can someone say for sure, hence the inductive argument. Are you suggesting economics, law, history or even pure philosophy is pointless?

Nice one champ. You stick to regurgitating your facts, leave the thinking for those that can.

Sigh........

You're arguing against a point in time that has already happened, re: your theory that QLD would with certainty (according to you) dump Lockyer IF QLD had of lost the last 5 series in a row.

Now unless you can go back in time and even then, one could argue that you would have to somehow alter the present in the past, for future result to be different ....unless you can do that and I can say with unabashed certainty

you can't

therefore your assertions are baseless

and once again

your argument is pointless, because it is not in the realms of any (including yours) possibilities.

Btw.......your pseudo intellectual bullshit that you think you have a grasp on is laughable.

Don't put away your picture books just yet.........

Tweed Titan

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings (for lack of a better option)
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Dean Young
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen (c)
13. Greg Bird

14. Robbie Farah
15. Tim Mannah
16. Keith Galloway
17. Anthony Watmough

Gidley and TLL would both be there if fit.

I like your team but it needs more Idris somehow.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Sigh........

You're arguing against a point in time that has already happened, re: your theory that QLD would with certainty (according to you) dump Lockyer IF QLD had of lost the last 5 series in a row.
I think it would be near certainty.

Btw.......your pseudo intellectual bullshit that you think you have a grasp on is laughable.

Don't put away your picture books just yet.........

Haha. Psuedo intellectual... "think I have a grasp on". All of bit too Ad Hominem and completely off the mark. I have every faith that my "intellectual c**k": qualifications, results and achievements, is bigger than yours...

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
According to the herald today this is the team:

1. Dugan
2 Morris
3. Idris
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis/young
10. Learoyd-Lars
11. Creagh
12. Lewis/bird
13. Gallen (c)

14. Ennis/young
15. Lewis/bird
16. Houston/scott
17. Merrin

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k, if you're going to have Pearce at 7, you will need a genuine playmaker at 9.

Neither Ennis or Young have that.

Gordon deserves to be in that side.

Houston doesn't. Neither does Merrin. Galloway is better than Merrin

Without intending to incite a Farah v Ennis debate, I ask how many chances is Ennis entitled to? He failed miserably on 3 of his 4 starts and his only success was moderate, coming in a dead rubber. On the other hand, Farah was pilloried for one bad performance (and deservedly so). I would much prefer to see De Gois, Hinchcliffe or even Young in the hooking role.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wow, if that really is the side then they really have learnt nothing and all this talk of new this new that is just a load of shit.

Daley rightfully fell on his sword last year, time for the two dinosaurs Fulton and McCarthy to do the same.

MacDougall

First Grade
According to the herald today this is the team:

1. Dugan - no ... Hayne or Gordon!
2. Morris - no ... Hayne or Gordon!
3. Idris
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis/young - yes no ... Farah or Hinchcliffe!
10. Learoyd-Lars
11. Creagh
12. Lewis/bird
13. Gallen (c)

14. Ennis/young - yes no
15. Lewis/bird
16. Houston/scott - yes no ... jeez, any number of front rowers!
17. Merrin - no ... there are far better front rowers.

The rest is ok. Young ffs! Farah should just retire from rep football if Young gets selected ahead of him. Seriously what is the benefit of Dean Young? He's the most standard footballer of all time! Trent Merrin... I guess he gets the "MORE DRAGONS NEEDED" selection. Beau Scott is ok but with that bench we have one front rower and he's not even good. Dugan is playing meh for the team coming last!

Team will get spanked! And I also get the feeling this is finally gonna be that team they persevere with too because of the years and years of people bitching about chopping and changing. Prepare to get spanked til 2015 NSW.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I really don't understand how you can leave Hayne out. Sure he isn't in the best of form, but has PROVEN that he steps up for Origin. QLD would never leave a player like this out. Whether it be on the wing or at fullback surely he has to be there somewhere?

As for Young, I like him for his versatility as he is a decent backrower. Don't think he is great at hooker though. Would have him on the bench as the utility, but NOT with Ennis as hooker. I can't believe they will pick this myth again.

Noname36

First Grade
If Hayne, Mullen and Farah aren't in the side that'll deadset do me. I honestly thought NSW were gonna fix their selection stuff ups this year. What the f**k was wrong with me? They'll never fix it.

hellteam

First Grade
No Hayne? Probably the only current nsw player that has ever had a good game against qld, and they're going to drop him...