What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great night to pick your NSW side

j0nesy

Bench
Here it is fellas... a NSW team picked by a Qld'er (that we don't want see). Well actually yes I do I'd like to see the two best teams play.

1) Hayne - it's Hayne, he's always good in Origin
2) Morris - Aus test player, pretty good winger
3) Gasnier - Best option at right centre
4) Jennings - Saw about 10 mins of City v Country, he looked good, playing in a better team will help him. He can attack, which NSW need.
5) Uate - Deserves a shot
6) Soward - Likewise. Although if NSW lose game one i bet Carney will be thrown straight in.
7) Pearce - Just really don't see what every sees in Mullen. Pearce isn't great, but better then the other options
8) Snowden - Good player, should start
9) Farah - So much better than Ennis, but then again he did choke last time he was in Origin
10) Tolman - Get him in there, could be in the front row for years to come
11) Gallen (c) - needs to be there and be captain
12) Creagh - hmm tough one, he has played well once before in Origin, but was also extremely quiet a few times, has been playing well this year.
13) Nearly always man of match in Origin, if he's not in the team NSW are kidding themselves (but he will be)

14) Gidley - Good bench player, shit Origin fullback
15) Learoyd-Lars - big man, quite good last year in Origin
16) Idris - bit of an x-factor for NSW
17) Douglas - should be talked up more, very good player

And stick with it!!

Pretty good team there. Who's your lock?

Okay Joker, go with Mullen then, but it could be good to see Creagh, Hornby, Gasnier and Morris down the left. But it doesn't matter as Qld are gonna win the first match and therefore the series.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You lost all credibility when you said Prince... Have you watched the Titans this year?!

Wow. But the weather is fair in your kneck of the woods at the moment?

Lol.

So you not going to select Petero - you seen the Panthers atm?

Notice the silence on Cronk.... ;)

Have good night sweetheart.

hellteam

First Grade
Pretty good team there. Who's your lock?

Woops sorry I meant Bird. Edited him in now!

Wow. But the weather is fair in your kneck of the woods at the moment?

Lol.

So you not going to select Petero - you seen the Panthers atm?

Notice the silence on Cronk.... ;)

Have good night sweetheart.

I meant have you watched the Titans this year.. because if you have you would have seen how badly Prince has been playing. Did you really not pick up on that?

I have watched the Panthers, I have seen Petero playing well.

Lockyer is the Australian and Queensland captain. He is the best option at five eight.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You're already changing your tune. Before "no-one" came close, now he is merely the best option...

Joker's Wild

Coach
I repeat - if Qld had lost five in a row - there is no way Locky would be there now. That would be based on losing performances and not age.

Age is irrelevant.

You said Locky is Qld's best option at 5/8th and noone else comes close. I am suggesting Thurston outside Prince or Cronk does not only come close...

Try to stay on point sweetheart.

Pure speculation on your part there "sweetheart". Hypertheticals are not fact, so dont try and present them as such.

Locky is a Qld legend and would, imo, never have been scapegoated by the Qld selectors for multiple series losses in a row.

Gippsy

Bench
Here it is fellas... a NSW team picked by a Qld'er (that we don't want see). Well actually yes I do I'd like to see the two best teams play.

1) Hayne - it's Hayne, he's always good in Origin
2) Morris - Aus test player, pretty good winger
3) Gasnier - Best option at right centre
4) Jennings - Saw about 10 mins of City v Country, he looked good, playing in a better team will help him. He can attack, which NSW need.
5) Uate - Deserves a shot
6) Soward - Likewise. Although if NSW lose game one i bet Carney will be thrown straight in.
7) Pearce - Just really don't see what every sees in Mullen. Pearce isn't great, but better then the other options
8) Snowden - Good player, should start
9) Farah - So much better than Ennis, but then again he did choke last time he was in Origin
10) Tolman - Get him in there, could be in the front row for years to come
11) Gallen (c) - needs to be there and be captain
12) Creagh - hmm tough one, he has played well once before in Origin, but was also extremely quiet a few times, has been playing well this year.
13) Bird - Nearly always man of match in Origin, if he's not in the team NSW are kidding themselves (but he will be)

14) Gidley - Good bench player, shit Origin fullback
15) Learoyd-Lars - big man, quite good last year in Origin
16) Idris - bit of an x-factor for NSW
17) Douglas - should be talked up more, very good player

And stick with it!!

Good team. Replace Bird with Lewis if fit.

Maybe rearrange things so Michael Gordon gets a run and you are very, very close to what should be picked. But after recent years I have no faith in our selectors whatsoever.

hellteam

First Grade
Good team. Replace Bird with Lewis if fit.

Maybe rearrange things so Michael Gordon gets a run and you are very, very close to what should be picked. But after recent years I have no faith in our selectors whatsoever.

I would have put Gordon in for goalkicking, but Soward at five eight should do that just fine. But yeah either Uate or Gordon would be a good option.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hypertheticals are not fact, so dont try and present them as such.

That's a new word. Whats the definition of that, an excitedly dogmatic and arbitrary idea? Like what Moses allegedly had at Mount Sinai?

Hypotheticals could easily become fact after the situation tested, or so widely agreed with very little doubt as to have reached fact status eg there was a holocaust or a jury conviction.

Fortunately, we never had the opportunity to have tested whether Locky would have still been 5/8th in 2009 had Qld lost in 04,05,06,07,08. But I think loyaltly aside, the coach would have gone and Locky would have gone. and we would have seen Thurston/Cronk or Thurston/Prince by then.

Its that simple sweetheart. Good luck with your "hyperthetical" response.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Bottom line is it never happened

So no-one, INCLUDING your good self can say for sure.

Pointless argument........

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Bottom line is it never happened

So no-one, INCLUDING your good self can say for sure.

Pointless argument........

Haha. If someone can say a theory for sure, then they have proved the hypothesis and then its deductive and scientific. Its not an argument. It is now a fact.

Nothing in the humanities can someone say for sure, hence the inductive argument. Are you suggesting economics, law, history or even pure philosophy is pointless?

Nice one champ. You stick to regurgitating your facts, leave the thinking for those that can.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hey Ricky Stuart, hope you watch the Penrith game because Luke Lewis just proved to everyone he is fit. Now pick him! Thank you.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah pretty average game by soward. Regardless I'd probably run with Pearce/Mullen combination anyhow.

The other change I'd make is Dugan to fullback and Hayne to wing, this way they could both rotate depending on form and or confidence in the game.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah pretty average game by soward. Regardless I'd probably run with Pearce/Mullen combination anyhow.

The other change I'd make is Dugan to fullback and Hayne to wing, this way they could both rotate depending on form and or confidence in the game.
Soward could have played as well in the second half as he did in the first and Ricky still wouldn't pick him.

Anybody who doesn't rate Mullen has rocks in their heads. His kicking game is the best in the league at the moment and he is great at directing the play. His last tackle options are also great.

Mullen should be the first guy picked in the halves.

jbl31649

Juniors
Fullback - Hayne
Wing - Uate/Gordon
Centres - Gasnier/Jennings
Halves - Soward/Mullen
Hooker - Farah
Lock - Gallen (c)
2nd row - Bird/Lewis - (Lewis has been used in centre/five eight)
Forwards - Galloway/Snowden

Interchange
Hinchcliffe - Can be used lock/hooker
TLL
Mannah
Toleman

# I've gone with 5 props because I believe we can get good game time out of Mannah and their not going to pick Watmough.

I think its a tough side with strong defence and speed on the left and wings. Although Dugan can be debated I think stick with the incubent.