What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great performance by the boys against the odds...

evil_p091280

Juniors
Never heard more bias commentating or seen onesided reffing as tonights game.

Every 50-50 call to the eels. 6-1 penalty count to the eels.

The eels ain't that disciplined.

Call me a sore fan, but I have to get it off my chest.

It was like the eels needed a win to score hayne a nsw jumper. Pity the drags defence was too good to go to plan.

The penalty on Hunt, he didn't take him out.

The one against gaz after the trysaver. Is he meant to disappear? Even the eels guys thought play on.

The one on fien, so what if he called held, fien thought it was play on, tell hindy to get up and play it. No harm done.

Eels back about 5m on every drags fg attempt at end of match.

Anyway, I feel better now. Great effort by the boys. Pleasure to watch.

Rebound

Juniors
The penality on Fien i thought WAS justified, i thought the Dragons should have won it but we'll take it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No point whinging about the refs. They missed plenty, but we could have done more to avoid getting into that position.

The team will be better for it next week.

14-all - one more point on the comp ladder - and it's still a case of of catch us if you can.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can't be too disappoited with that considering the preparation.

I was gonna say there's gotta be a better option at centre than Prior - but there actually isn't.

evil_p091280

Juniors
I agree.

I have moved on now. Just had to let it out immediately after fielding SMS all night from mates about drags being ordinary.

1 pt is better than none.

Eels best first half all year. I was at their game vs knights last saturday, which was snoreville.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Ongoing ankle problem that saw him leave the field early in Cowboys game, unsure when he'll be back

Nick Emmett might be available next week to fill Gasnier's spot in the centres

Tim Smith

Juniors
I am a little confused...on the radio they were attributing replacement decisions to Bennett but earlier we were told he was on indefinite leave and Price would be taking control tonight. We have just started watching the Dragons match up here in Qld. The Dragons have yellow arm bands on as planned for the call to arms theme but why no black arm bands for the Coaches mother passing away?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
on the radio they were attributing replacement decisions to Bennett but earlier we were told he was on indefinite leave and Price would be taking control tonight.
Bennett flew back from Qld today. His mum has been ill for some time and I suspect he has been visiting a lot in recent weeks.

I'm dissapointed with the draw and some decisions we made near the end.

but I'm over the moon with our defence yet again holding up when we need it, kept hayne plane/burt out of range for his fg attempts, up in their face a fair bit in the 2nd

good to finally have a 7 day rest as well, not f**king wednesday-sunday-friday.. ffs thats not a break thats like storming the beach on normandy

Dragon

Coach
Good game but we were pretty down on our usual standard. Credit to Parra, they shifted the ball all night and had a real go

Avenger

Immortal
We gave it everything, you guys were below your best and still managed to draw. Just shows why you are the best team in the comp. Well done and good luck.

We gave it everything, you guys were below your best and still managed to draw. Just shows why you are the best team in the comp. Well done and good luck.

yeah GG

para had some solid desperation defence there, I'm sure you guys will take heart on it and build on it for next week

RedVDave

First Grade
I much prefer a draw to a loss after that game both teams deserve a point each, Parra fans must be wondering why there team does not bring that intensity every week they played extremely well tonight.

Take nothing away from Saints either they looked buggered and were still near impossible to crack.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I can imagine Bennett not wanting the players to do that. He never wants attention drawn to him, so although it would have been a nice touch, it would have been against what he generally likes.

exactly - plus they would've wanted to avoid taking anything away from the "Call To Arms"

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade

Cheers - only problem for Parra is they have a 17 day break until they play Manly on Monday night in round 15. I think they would've preferred to play again next week & build on tonight's effort.

TheRev

First Grade
Refereeing was terrible all game... though I was just as cranky with Tagive too a few times, he looks incredibly nervous or something, he is falling over himself all game, and that run down the touchline was madness.

Otherwise was a good game to watch, we survived well in the first half and had the better of it in the 2nd, dissapointed we didnt land a f/g as we had all the field position in the golden point time.. but hey, 1 pt, and we move on.