What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest ambassador in the modern game

brothers34

Juniors
For the penrith panthers it has got to be civoneceva because he has noot only blended in well with the penrith community but has also been great on and off the field. Never made a mistake and involved in several school programs. I take my hat off to him.

maccattack

Juniors
yeah some good choices there. I agree with the comment about hazam. a great role model but not vocal enough. a humble gent. but the game needs some big lungs at the moment.

i reckon steve price. he reminds me of some great players. wayne pierce, shane webke, royce simmons, good solid people like that.

the heart of the game type people.

TheDalek079

Bench
Fitzy - Great player, clive churchill medallist, never been to the judicary, the heart and soul of the Eastern Suburbs side

miccle

Bench
For all the crap that has happened, there are still more good ambassadors for the game than drunkard wankstains in rugby league. The list is massive, and the top from those still running around includes:

Stacey Jones, Steve Price, Hazem El Masri, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon, Petero Civoniceva, Israel Folau, Ben Hannant, Kurt Gidley, Matt Bowen, Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, Ben Hornby...

LESStar58

Referee
Despite all the shenanigans going on this season, who would you say is the best ambassador for the game?

Price? El Masri? Hindy?

Your thoughts?

Price and El Masri for sure.

Can't leave out Israel Folau either. The most high profile clean living athlete in all of Australian sport!

Liam

Juniors
For the Knights, Ciraldo and Paterson do a lot of work around the community.

Billybob

Juniors
Matt Bowen

he doesnt smoke doesnt drink
plays the game with a smile on his face (would probably play for free if it wasnt for the managers)

and he was a kid plucked from a mission up in FNQ and has come so far
with all the alcohol abuse and stuff that happens in aboriginal communities
I dare say he is worth a hell of alot to the kids running around up there
that want to grow up and be just like Matty

Matt Bowen

he doesnt smoke doesnt drink
plays the game with a smile on his face (would probably play for free if it wasnt for the managers)

and he was a kid plucked from a mission up in FNQ and has come so far
with all the alcohol abuse and stuff that happens in aboriginal communities
I dare say he is worth a hell of alot to the kids running around up there
that want to grow up and be just like Matty

Also goes to talk at the school at Hopevale at the start of every yr.
Tries to show kids that there is a future for them if they are willing to work hard. .

shiznit

Coach
im gonna get panned for saying this... ohh well...

Anthony Mundine.... seriously though... the bloke didnt drink or do drugs... from what i remember he never got into trouble with the law... and is proud indigenous & Muslim... ive come across him a couple of times now and i can tell you... hes a good, intelligent bloke... then you turn the bloody camera on and hes a different person.. if only he kept his bloody mouth shut more people would take him seriously.

Didgi

I would say Matt Bowen is the greatest, because of all those things Billybob said, he does great community work etc, he's played Origin and he was top tryscorer a few years back.

TouchMyHappy

Juniors
I see where you're coming from in regards to Mundine, but the man just promotes himself as a tool whenever he speaks. I really like the way in which Wendell Sailor presents himself these days. He seems intelligent and has very good composure and form when he is on camera.

It saddens me, because I think Brett Stewart would have been mentioned a lot bar his alleged indiscretion of this year. The work he does for diabetes is really something to marvel... It's a shame.