What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest ever and your favourite St George Illawarra Dragons player

gregstar

Referee
My all time fav player is Wayne Batrim.

His try in the 96 semi against CBR was the best try I have seen. By memory, he started his run from outside the CBR 20 meter line, ran through about 5 CBR players and scored the match winning try.

Very sweet, as I was sitting next to a CBR supporter who was giving it to me all game.
it wasn't the match winner.

it was in the first half.

the mouse-trap try in the second half was the winner.

Dave Q

Coach
Bob Lindner was the greatest player I have seen play rugby league.

Jamie Ainscough, he got a rough deal in that GF. I felt sorry for him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Too many to choose but in order mine are :

St George - Slipperty Morris (suprise, suprise), Brad Mackay, David Barnhill always played strongly for mine, Gorden Tallis for the short period he was there.

St George Illawarra - Trent Barrett, Matt Cooper, Nathan Blacklock, and Craig Smith. If Matt Head has a good season he will be up there as his first few seasons before injury were awesome. Shame he got injured.

big pat

Coach
i know this is saint/illawarra, but for the old farts like me.
reg gasnier,raper,changa,billy smith.

saint-colesy

Juniors
Tingha for sure.

Others that are up there would be thommo ( i shed a tear when we cut him loose) and timmo- Seeing him kick that 42m field goal to win S.O.O in extra time was unreal, was right in line with the kick as well.

Mong

Post Whore
I am disapointed no one has mentioned the great man Wally Fullerton Smith.. No one hit like Gator did !! :)

drake

First Grade
For the original St George, my favourites were Coyne and Mackay. I liked Slippery when I was a wee lad.

Calixte

First Grade
I am not a St George follower though I admire your team very much for its great achievements.

My personal favourites would be Slippery and Tingha.

Pure entertainment machines.

Thanks be to God.

:pray:

;-)

Dave Q

Coach
thank goodness for that.

dave.. bob lindner:lol::lol::lol:

No, he was a absolutely brilliant player.

He played for the Steelers for a while and thats where I saw him at WIN.

He dominated the entire match, it was like everyone else was an extra in a movie set. He was all over the game.

Superb, a 11/10 game. Ive never seen anything like it before or since.

Except maybe for Gowie at the SFS v Souths in 2005 where he played injured...but you wouldnt have known it.

Lindner also played SOO and for Australia.

A truly remarkable rugby league talent.

Shivers up the spine stuff.

Forget Churchill, McCarthy and Satts, Lindner was a true god of the game.

Last edited:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Brad Mackay and Thommo are my personal favourites. No other player I've ever seen has played with the amount of heart and courage those guys did in the red v.

SuperSoward

Juniors
BEN ROGERS IS EASILY THE BEST PLAYER AND ALWAYS WILL BE THAT PLAYED FOR ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS FULL STOP:sarcasm:

Latest posts