What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Ever Raiders Fullback

Who is the Greatest Ever Raiders Fullback?

• Gary Belcher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brett Mullins

• Ken Nagas

• Clinton Schifcofske

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I don't want to sound bitter or anything, but I think Mullins is getting a number of votes by people who never saw the magnificent Gary Belcher play :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
raiders_lover_18 said:
Im young but from replays etc id say Belcher was a Raiders Great
i'm the same. i saw Belcher for a couple of years as a youngster (VERY youngster), but i can't remember him much. however, he stars in every old Raiders footage i ever watched, esp. the '89 GF and my brother's best of the 90's DVD. I saw all of Mullins' career, and he was an absolute freak, as good a runner of the ball as you could possibly get, and a great reader of defence too. unfortunately injury, though, severly hampered his career and he was never able to consistently be top class after 1995.'

on Nagas: i think he played the majority of the 1997 season at fullback, didn't he? and that was his best year, he got something like 20 tries, not including the 6 in one game he got against Halifax, and he starred in the Tri-series. again, though, injuries stood in the way of a great career.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Kris_man said:
raiders_lover_18 said:
Im young but from replays etc id say Belcher was a Raiders Great
i'm the same. i saw Belcher for a couple of years as a youngster (VERY youngster), but i can't remember him much. however, he stars in every old Raiders footage i ever watched, esp. the '89 GF and my brother's best of the 90's DVD. I saw all of Mullins' career, and he was an absolute freak, as good a runner of the ball as you could possibly get, and a great reader of defence too. unfortunately injury, though, severly hampered his career and he was never able to consistently be top class after 1995.'

on Nagas: i think he played the majority of the 1997 season at fullback, didn't he? and that was his best year, he got something like 20 tries, not including the 6 in one game he got against Halifax, and he starred in the Tri-series. again, though, injuries stood in the way of a great career.

Yeah for a while there Nagas forced Mullins into the centres, Nagas filled in at fullback while Mullins was injured and then Nagas held the spot for a while when Mullins was fully fit.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Bobby DIGital said:
I saw Belcher play for a good 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone would be choosing Belcher if they had seen them both play, (I struggled to choose myself) I just noticed some people were commenting that they had never really seen Belcher play.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Greenblooded said:
Bobby DIGital said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone would be choosing Belcher if they had seen them both play, (I struggled to choose myself) I just noticed some people were commenting that they had never really seen Belcher play.

thats me, but i still have seen alot of footage of Belcher, but for mine there is nothing more graceful i have ever seen on a footy feild then Mullins in open space

Kris_man

Bench
but for mine there is nothing more graceful i have ever seen on a footy feild then Mullins in open space
Kenny Nagas in open space: =P~ Phil Graham is awesome to watch too. But yeah, Mullins = wow

edabomb

First Grade
Belcher looks pretty awesome from what I've seen. Having not seen him consistenely I will refrain from voting. I do have to say Mullos was an awesome sight at full fitness for a new fan. I started supporting in 1993 and caught a lot of the 1994 games. I guess this was where I developed my love for attacking footy, and why I like watching Andrew Johns the most out of all current players. The only current player who can make a footy game look like it did when Ricky was in his prime.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Everyone talks about Mullins and his stride and running but no one who saw a lot of Belcher can tell me Badge wasn't as good at breaking the line on the kick returns esp. Far more complete player and far more durable, for one Mullins was soft - Badge was anything but.

don't get me wrong Mullins could slice through the line like (a knife through the proverbial) butter but we only saw the best of him in a 2 season period.

Given most people have already voted i'm not trying to change your mind, but I just hope the next generation can understand that Badge was the most complete fullback we've had by quite a margin.

edabomb

First Grade
From what I've seen I completely agree Prodigousman. In 1994 Brett Mullins had probably the best attacking season by a fullback, he was simply awesome. While I don't think Belcher ever reached these heights, I definately think he was far more consistent at the back than Mullins. He was excellent for years, Mullins was out of this world for a year, and only very good thereafter.

thickos

First Grade
The wing positions will be hotly contested and the top two will make it through obviously. I'm not sure when that thread will start (a week or so maybe) but we will do this position by position until we have built the LU 'Raiders best team ever' .

I will make the 'Best team ever' a locked sticky and update it when we have a new member added to it.

:)

Greenblooded

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Greenblooded said:
Bobby DIGital said:

thats me, but i still have seen alot of footage of Belcher, but for mine there is nothing more graceful i have ever seen on a footy feild then Mullins in open space[/quote}

Graceful???? that is one seriously gay comment my young padawan apprentice!!

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I haven't seen enough of Belcher to rate him the best. Mullins, however was the best i've seen period. I miss the great days when the Raiders were renowned for there length of the field tries :(

Schif is a great fullback but a totally different type of player to Mullins. nagas as has been pointed out was more of a winger.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think we should do one position a week over the offseason until we have gone through them all.... good work Thickos, on the sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts