What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Rivalries

what do you think the greatest rivalries in football are?

my top 5

1. Boca Juniors vs River Plate (anyone who has seen a game between these 2 knows how big it is. the spectacle of a "superclasico" is amazing, id die to go to a boca/river game)

2. FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid (I know myself being a Barca fan that i hate real madrid and look forward to the barca/real game all year. But im just an australian supprorting barca, this rivalry trancends football dating back to the Franco days and means a lot to Catalans and Madridistas alike. They are also 2 of the best 5 teams in football at any time and often goes a long way to deciding the seasons champion so the football on show is awesome.)

3. Glasgow Celtic vs Glasgow Rangers (I cant stand scottish football, however id be an idiot not to throw this huge rivalry into the mix. These teams hate each other so bad and like the barca/real rivalry it goes further than just football. its also a crucial fixture in deciding who will win the title because everyone else in scotland sucks lol)

4. AS Roma vs SS Lazio (many people dont rate this much but a few years ago in the serie a, on the final day the title came down to Juventus, Inter and Roma. Lazio hosted Inter and the whole game the Lazio fans cheered on Inter and booed their own team so Inter could win the title and not Roma, thats pure hatred. For the record, Juve won who were 3rd place at the start of the day.)

5. Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur (I think its bigger than Man U/Man City, generally because Man U fans think their main rivals are Liverpool and think of man city as an afterthought. whereas spurs ans arsenal hate each other.)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
1. Arsenal v Tottenham - North London Derby
2. Inter Milan v AC Milan - Derby della Madonnina
3. Barcelona v Real Madrid - El Clasico
4. Boca Juniors v River Plate - El Superclasico
5. Orlando Pirates v Kaiser Chiefs - Soweto Derby - This might sound a bit stupid but the atmosphere of the games between these two teams is great. Heres a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrCxi9fNCs

RedVGooner

Juniors
1. Boca Juniors vs River Plate (i agree with u pennywisealfie, i was recently at argentina n those games are huge n as they call it el superclasico

2. Arsenal vs Tottenham (the biggest north london derby match)

3. Barca vs Real Madrid (always a great game to watch n always neck n neck for the title)

4. Inter Milan vs AC milan (u want to get urself killed then go to this match lol)

5. Man utd vs Man city (great to see this match)

Tom Shines

First Grade
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Sydney/Melbourne and Salford United/Liverpool don't count. It's not a f**king derby if it's dozens (or hundreds) of kilometres away.

1. River Plate/Boca Juniors. I don't think there's any debate about this.
2. Celtic/Rangers. These guys are fooking mad. I was with about 300 Gers fans during the last derby. All I can say is, thank Christ they won.
3. AC Milan/Inter Milan.
4. Manchester City/Salford United. United fans can think that Liverpool is their biggest derby, but watch them fume when little brother pops up for a win.
5. Arsenal/Tottenham.

Liverpool and Everton seem more likely to hold hands these days.

bling_fc

Juniors
Look forward to the day beating spuds and as you can see below what it was like at there sh*thole earlier this season

exodusow8-1.jpg

RedVGooner

Juniors
bling_fc said:
Look forward to the day beating spuds and as you can see below what it was like at there sh*thole earlier this season

exodusow8-1.jpg

dont rant tottenham like this when we are about to play them this weekend

u better hope this doesnt bite u up the arse

bling_fc

Juniors
superloco10 said:
dont rant tottenham like this when we are about to play them this weekend

u better hope this doesnt bite u up the arse

The sky will fall if we lose this weekend :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
4. AS Roma vs SS Lazio (many people dont rate this much but a few years ago in the serie a, on the final day the title came down to Juventus, Inter and Roma. Lazio hosted Inter and the whole game the Lazio fans cheered on Inter and booed their own team so Inter could win the title and not Roma, thats pure hatred. For the record, Juve won who were 3rd place at the start of the day.)

:LOL: Now that takes some beating! Good old Nazio fans.

Knightmare

Coach
1. Boca Juniors vs River Plate
2. Celtic vs Rangers
3. Barcelona vs Fake Madrid
4. Inter Milan vs AC Milan
5. Arse & Hole vs Chel$ki

bling_fc

Juniors
Wheelsy said:
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Sydney/Melbourne and Salford United/Liverpool don't count. It's not a f**king derby if it's dozens (or hundreds) of kilometres away.

1. River Plate/Boca Juniors. I don't think there's any debate about this.
2. Celtic/Rangers. These guys are fooking mad. I was with about 300 Gers fans during the last derby. All I can say is, thank Christ they won.
3. AC Milan/Inter Milan.
4. Manchester City/Salford United. United fans can think that Liverpool is their biggest derby, but watch them fume when little brother pops up for a win.
5. Arsenal/Tottenham.

Liverpool and Everton seem more likely to hold hands these days.

Hand bags at 10 paces soft cvnts

Moffo

Referee
wow, so tough

sydney united v bonnyrigg eagles. now that is a real rivalry :lol:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:
That's hilarious. :lol:

Azkatro

First Grade
Some great rivalries here. I thought I would mention that some past Villa/Brum clashes I've seen were pretty good value... although I think it's kinda like two ugly brothers fighting over who's less ugly and disgusting.

Bumble

First Grade
gunning_for_panthers said:
1. Arsenal v Tottenham - North London Derby
2. Inter Milan v AC Milan - Derby della Madonnina
3. Barcelona v Real Madrid - El Clasico
4. Boca Juniors v River Plate - El Superclasico
5. Orlando Pirates v Kaiser Chiefs - Soweto Derby - This might sound a bit stupid but the atmosphere of the games between these two teams is great. Heres a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrCxi9fNCs

superloco10 said:
1. Boca Juniors vs River Plate (i agree with u pennywisealfie, i was recently at argentina n those games are huge n as they call it el superclasico

2. Arsenal vs Tottenham (the biggest north london derby match)

3. Barca vs Real Madrid (always a great game to watch n always neck n neck for the title)

4. Inter Milan vs AC milan (u want to get urself killed then go to this match lol)

5. Man utd vs Man city (great to see this match)

North London, Milan and Manchester bigger than the Old Firm derby...:lol::lol::lol:

How ridiculous.

Moffo said:
wow, so tough

sydney united v bonnyrigg eagles. now that is a real rivalry :lol:

I was going to suggest Marconi vs moving in the new millenium but there you go

skeepe

Immortal
Azkatro said:
Some great rivalries here. I thought I would mention that some past Villa/Brum clashes I've seen were pretty good value... although I think it's kinda like two ugly brothers fighting over who's less ugly and disgusting.

They're just not the same without Robbie Savage... surely the most appropriately named footballer ever?

Macca_

Coach
skeepe said:
They're just not the same without Robbie Savage... surely the most appropriately named footballer ever?
In saying that, he wasn't his usual self this morning. Mainly because he couldn't get near the damn kids :lol: