What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Video Game Of All Time?

Forum Idiot

Bench
the madden series. notably madden 2001 and the version in which they introduced franchise mose... might have been madden 97 or 98. massive leaps made with both of those versions. franchise mode in madden is probably the best feature in any game on any platform in any genre and madden 2001 was the first game to really use the powers of the ps2. the graphics were dazzling for the time.

610711.jpg

Wonder boy :lol:

Freddo

Juniors
fifa series

fifa 96 got me in
then i got fifa 2000 which was totally awesome i love it

then fifa 2001 fifa 2002 fifa 2003 awesomeness all i need is fifa 2004

oh yeah and nhl 2002 mad game

Have any of yall seen the preview for "Brothers In Arms"

It's based on the US soldiers that went in before D-Day to clear the beaches n shit..

Looks f**kin tight.

That Guy

Juniors
Yeah - looks pretty good.

as for the best game, this is a no contest.

Street Fighter 2 - The World Warrior (the normal one) is and will always be number one.

Other good ones include

Arcade:
Bad Dudes vs Dragoninja (this kicks arse)
TMNT
Double Dragon

Console Games:
GTA 2
GTA Vice City
Most Rally games

plus others I cant think of right now

Freddo

Juniors
oh my god choppies shinobi tge orignal shinobi i had fun with it they brought a remap on the playstation 2 very dissapointing.

other games to mention

ghostbusters on the master system

and where in the world is carmen sandiego

sretsoor

Juniors
My favourite old arcade games is 1. Gyrus. 2. Ten Yard Fight and 3. Galaga.

As for console, Im surprised no one has said Tomb Raider. That game blew me away when it first hit the stands.

Final Fantasy series has got to rate also. Like wise Resident Evil, Silent Hill.

If you want to go way back, Wolfenstein on PC. The original 1st person shooter, it wasnt Doom as the magazines would have you believe.

Should really pick fav games for each catagory.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
People always misinterpret "Best game" for "My favourite game"

I was a coin-op junkie as a kid, I like this topic :)

That Guy said:
as for the best game, this is a no contest.

Street Fighter 2 - The World Warrior (the normal one) is and will always be number one.

Yep, reading the first page I was saying how can this be disputed.
Without doubt the number 1 arcade game of all time.

Other good ones include

Arcade:
Bad Dudes vs Dragoninja (this kicks arse)
This was actually average in sales. I liked it. Mortal Combat has it's measure by a long way.

Niche market game only
Double Dragon

This is probably number 2 of all time.

Other mentions.

Afterburner.
Pacman.

Console Games:
I'll add PC games too

Only just went a step further from GTA 1, with the influence Driver trieds to rush.
GTA Vice City

A big one in so far as mood, atmospehere and story telling. This is the precursor to a lot of good games to come.

Most Rally games

These games are a dime a dozen, and have never set the world on fire, or no one game has defined it's genre and crossed over genres.

Need for Speed probably started it for car games. Though this probably goes back to C64/PC game of Test Drive, which had a series of immensely popular games.

plus others I cant think of right now

Maybe not sales, but setting a genre is Doom.

Castle wolfenstein was the first decent 1st player shooter, but id software made the impact with Doom.

Virtually every big game now...

Counterstrike, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, what will be brothers in Arms, etc... owes something to the legacy doom created.

Warcraft (1) - I really can't think of live-time multiple units game before this one. Probably was, but this made the impact. It's successor in Warcraft 2 was bigger, and paved the way for C&C's, Star Craft, WC III, etc.

Sid Meier's (BIG) Games: Civilisation and Sim City

MC DUI

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
Warcraft (1) - I really can't think of live-time multiple units game before this one. Probably was, but this made the impact. It's successor in Warcraft 2 was bigger, and paved the way for C&C's, Star Craft, WC III, etc.

Warcraft was not the first RTS game by any lengths, the game Herzog Zwei on the Sega Megadrive is considered the first of this type of game. After that I believe the game that really paved the way for Real-time strategy games was the game that I mentioned - Dune 2 on the PC.

Here I found a link -

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/real_time/

groggo

Juniors
doom II man that was a cool game even better once i got a pc with sound opps yes im old :whistle

KnightSmurf

Juniors
Alex the Kid on Sega II

James Bond Goldeneye -- only coz you can aim the guns at the males and shoot till you run out of bullets. Great for stress relief :lol:

Latest posts